IGNORED

Season Tickets Holders Unable To Get To Games

CotswoldRed

Hi Folks

First let me say that I DO NOT wish to encourage any behaviour that is against the rules laid down by Bristol City Football club. If what I'm suggesting is not acceptable then moderatoprs please feel free to remove my post.

I've moaned before about the lack of general access to the East End as I can't get my young children in there with me (bar the very odd occasion) and I can't get them a season ticket either.

At the same time, I'm guessing that there may also be unused season tickets for each and every game - especially from people on holiday, people having to work overtime or for any other reason. I do my best to get to as many games as possible but as a wedding photographer there are inevitable weekends when I cannot get to AG.

Not for any financial recompense, I would be more than willing to allow someone else (deserving) to use my ticket to make the EE a noisier place, perhaps an exisitng EE season ticket holder who wanted to take a friend along.

Of course, I don't want to cut off a supply of income from the club insofar as someone who might have paid for a ticket no longer will, but my seat is already paid for so surely this can't be too wrong in principle.

My question is this - assuming the club didn't have a problem (possibly a big IF) would thre be much support for some sort of facility for ST card holders to make their empty seats available to others? I know this could be a massive benefit to users of the EE. There would be obvious issues around trust etc, but these could be overcome.

I must reiterate, I am not encouraging the breaking of rules but merely seeing if we can do something constructive here. I have an unused season card for a number of games this year but nobody is using it when they could do.

Perhaps a 'charitable donation' to the supporters trust (or similar) per use of ticket might help?

Your thoughts fellow supporters?

Paul ...

The big clubs like Man U are put of some ticket swap website, allowing people to sell on their tickets if they can't make a game.

As we don't sell out, i can't see City entertaining such a scheme unfortuantly.

Yes, I already suggested this to the club when they did the ST holders' survey last year. There were a few games at the back end of last year when we were 'sold out' and yet there were still empty seats. I suggested that ST holders who couldn't make the game could notify the club who could then re-sell the ticket. They haven't acted on this so reckon there is no interest.

Yes, I already suggested this to the club when they did the ST holders' survey last year. There were a few games at the back end of last year when we were 'sold out' and yet there were still empty seats. I suggested that ST holders who couldn't make the game could notify the club who could then re-sell the ticket. They haven't acted on this so reckon there is no interest.

They have in the past - they've bought them back for a fiver and re-sold em!

I already do this.

When my little lad doesn't come with me (evening games or he just can't be ar$ed), then I offer it to a fellow St behind me .

My opinion(for what it is worth) is that it is better to have a POTENTIAL city fan using this seat than leaving it empty. It may be that the person I have lent my sons ST to, will in the future become the lifeblood of this club(well not 1 person, but you get my drift...)

As we don't sell out, i can't see City entertaining such a scheme unfortuantly.

That's a fair point, except the scheme would need some incentive for takeup. The incentive in my case would be for someone to use my ticket without any charge - has to beat someone else paying for the a ticket through normal channels.

Having said that, any 'scheme' would benefit users of the EE much more as it is in effect sold out for every game.

I am ashamed to say that i myself have been used as a "mule" to supply other fans with EE season cards. When certain friends of mine have had to miss the odd game, i have managed to let somebody else have the use of the card.

FOR OFFICIAL REASONS, NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE, I MADE THE WHOLE LOT UP, YOU CANT PROVE ANYTHING!!!

Seriously though, i think there should be an officialy recognised awy of dealing with this, without "breaking" the rules.

Oh and if that EE card is not being used on Sunday March 15th (cardiff), let me know, i may know someone who might be able to look after it for you, if you know what i mean, nudge nudge wink wink!!

My understanding is that the smart card scheme will allow this to happen in future. So you can sell your seat back to the ticket office who will sell it on. If you turn up with your season ticket, you won't be able to get in as that game would have been removed.

I guess 2 things need to happen before this can start. 1, we need regular sell outs, and 2, the ticket office needs to be geared up for it.

I might know of someone's brother's dog's best friend's mother, whose company have a ST in the Williams that gets passed around to employees on a rota/prize draw basis...

This certain company might have 2 pairs of ST which then may have been used by one employee and a guest, or even given to two relatives of the the employee to look after for a few hours...

I just made this little scenario up of course, but were it somehow to magically be true (what are the chances?!!) ...um...

Is someone's brother's dog's best friend's mother in trouble?

Archived