IGNORED

Next Two City Players To Play For England

the frampton balti

Fonts, Skuse, Elliot, Maynard. All with the undoubted ability to play in the Prem, but I think Fonts could make it all the way, he's that good.

Do you think!

I agree Fonts will one day play in the prem but i cant see him playing for England to be honest.

Do you think!

I agree Fonts will one day play in the prem but i cant see him playing for England to be honest.

Where are the next up and coming english centre-halfs.

At the moment we have Terry, Ferdinand, Woodgate, King, Upson and then others.

Evans of United is the only other i can really think of that isn't aging.

Evans is also from Ulster.

Ledley King has an availability record to almost rival that of Brooker.

i was thinking about this the other day and i reckon fonts and possibly skuse if he keeps improving as he is now , tbh i think as long as we get into the prem it won't be too long cos any player on a decent run of form has every chance of getting into capellos squad , just look at carlton cole !!

Do you think!

Ya after thinking about it I'm more convinced. If Upson, Jagielka, Lescott can make it so can Fonts. He's still young, if e go up and Fonts plays blindingly why not? What other Good English youngsters that can play his positions are as good as Fonts, not as many as you would think. Fonts makes Chumpionship strikers look stupid, he could hold his won against the worlds best in time.

There's also Michael Mancienne(sp?) of Chelsea,

Curtis Davies of Villa,

Jagielka of Everton,

Micah Richards of Man City,

Maybe even Michael Turner of Hull, who doesn't look too far away considering the 'big' step up of the divisions.

None of the current squad.

Font's makes too many mistakes atm, his positioning and decision making is a bit dodgy, something he'll improve at with age though.

Id agree with that, even if we do get to the prem there are already so many good young established players already making a name for themselves. hopefully we might get a few city boys playing for england one day . I'm a bit dissapointed jamie mcallister doesnt get a start for scotland though cause i reckon hes a much better player than gary naismith .

With the current crop of up and coming England CB's mentioned by Bristol City Loyalist - I don't think Fonts has a chance.

Maynard (2nd half of season) could though especially with the dearth of QUALITY English CF's of comparable age in the Prem (Abonghlohor and Sturridge and Rooney are the only ones that spring to mind - how old is Defoe?)

Archived