IGNORED

Safe Standing

bcfcbs20

just came across this i cant post a link as I'm using my ps3 but its taken from the liverpool daily post from the 21st of feb

liverpool lib dem mp mike hancock has tabled a motion at the governments safe standing at football seminar that when evertons new ground is built they be allowed to trial 10% of capacity as a safe standing area

it goes on to say that they will not be used during european matches as its not permitted

also it will be one of the only Premier League sides to do this as the ground is a new build and it knows that the issue is a sore point in the area because of the hillsborough disaster

i think bcfc should also table a request if we get planning permission they can only say no and its good the government seem to be taking it seriously

Blagdon red can reply to this better than I can, but the new stadium has been designed in a way that if safe standing were to be allowed, then the seats could be changed to allow this to happen.

If that's the case, then that's absolutley fantasic news. I've been slating various parts of the stadium, but that is a major plus point for me if true.

Archived