IGNORED

Williams Passing

tropicalsurfer

I just thought i would say i thought some of gav's passes today were exceptional especially within the first 25 minutes. He played one ball within first twenty mins out to far left of quality. I think this recent run in the team has benefited him and he is looking really up for it at the moment.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts?

p.s - Well Done Skuse. Put in another good shift today. He is having a bloody good run, long may it continue!

yeah would agree with that, effected the game well in the first half hour or so, got his shots away and the thing i like most about him is that he likes to advance forward into space with the ball. Its all very well creating the space by our passing game but you often need a player to penetrate that space and get defences retreating, something he has done well of late. His confidence is growing game by game and hes starting to look prepared to make mistakes and be more expansive, rather than playing the game safe and doing the simple things well. Also agree with the praise of Skuse, long time admirer of his ability and today didnt see his full range of passing but he certainly covered some ground and was constantly breaking up the play. One other point id just like to make is how well Fontaine has been playing, has been faultless for months! looks assured, confident and making all the right decisions, long may it continue.

I agree with Williams passing and overall play however, he is NOT a wide right player, 4-5-1 is the best formation. Sproule wide right, mc indoe wide left and Williams in the hole. When GW plays wide right and passes the ball to the left theirs no one on the "back" stick to be jonny on the spot.

Next two games are massive 4 points or more will be play off's imho. Two defeats will be mid table.

Get behing the lads on Wednesday, should be a great game.

So is Williams looking like a replacement for Carle? ;)

Completely agree that Gav has come into his own of late and is well worthy of a place in the starting 11. Just a shame he pulled his shot in the 2nd half wide of the post.

Also Cole Skuse has been nothing short of amazing of late, he put a block tackle in yesterday on the half way line and the guy was still trying to shake it off 5 mins later!! His tackling and energy have always been strong points but his distribution has improved as has his deciasion making. I honestly feel even if Elliot was 100% fit on his current form Cole is worthy of a place in centre midfield.

So is Williams looking like a replacement for Carle? ;)

Completely agree that Gav has come into his own of late and is well worthy of a place in the starting 11. Just a shame he pulled his shot in the 2nd half wide of the post.

Also Cole Skuse has been nothing short of amazing of late, he put a block tackle in yesterday on the half way line and the guy was still trying to shake it off 5 mins later!! His tackling and energy have always been strong points but his distribution has improved as has his deciasion making. I honestly feel even if Elliot was 100% fit on his current form Cole is worthy of a place in centre midfield.

I think Williams is proving to be a far more effective player than Carle. I was gutted when Carle went tbh, as I thought there was a lot more to come from him, but it looks like that hasn't materialised with Palace, so a good call from GJ.

When you analyse it what did we actually get from Carle? Although he looked the part with some neat footwork and clever back-heels, what was the end product? Usually just a simple lay off backwards or sideways and certainly no sign of defence splitting, incisive passing. He also gave the ball away too easily and was probably far worse than LJ in that department. In shooting terms he couldn't hit an elephants arse with a banjo, so IMHO in Williams we have a FAR better player!

I agree with Williams passing and overall play however, he is NOT a wide right player, 4-5-1 is the best formation. Sproule wide right, mc indoe wide left and Williams in the hole. When GW plays wide right and passes the ball to the left theirs no one on the "back" stick to be jonny on the spot.

Next two games are massive 4 points or more will be play off's imho. Two defeats will be mid table.

Get behing the lads on Wednesday, should be a great game.

Quite, which is why he doesn't play there. Unless there is another one doing all that stuff in midfield. I know we're English but not every formation is 4-4-2.

I think consistancy breeds consistancy sometimes and it certainly applies with Williams.He is consistantly getting picked and is consistantly playing well,as has Skuse.His passing was superb at times yesterday.Something else I also noticed yesterday was his ability to arrive late into the box,I really think he could be the goal scoring midfielder we have been looking for(unfortunately not yesterday!).Would also agree that he should play more central,possibly pushing forward from a midfield central 3,if playing 4-5-1.

Both Williams and Johnson's passing was exceptional yesterday - credit must be given to the little man when he deserves it.

i think johnson played well too, his brain is sometimes too clever for what his feet can do..... but he tries to play the game in the way we all like... most of all we do is done at some point through johnson, even if at times its the sideways one yard pass.... he is an integral part part of a team that competes in the championship at the highest level........ ie the playoff zone...

I think Williams is proving to be a far more effective player than Carle. I was gutted when Carle went tbh, as I thought there was a lot more to come from him, but it looks like that hasn't materialised with Palace, so a good call from GJ.

When you analyse it what did we actually get from Carle? Although he looked the part with some neat footwork and clever back-heels, what was the end product? Usually just a simple lay off backwards or sideways and certainly no sign of defence splitting, incisive passing. He also gave the ball away too easily and was probably far worse than LJ in that department. In shooting terms he couldn't hit an elephants arse with a banjo, so IMHO in Williams we have a FAR better player!

I totaly agree with your first line / point.

Williams was excellant again yesterday and has developed into the missing "central" midfielder in my view. My only crtitism of his perofrmance yesterday is that he should have scored. But you have to be there to miss the chance and that is not something we have not allways been able to say.

Archived