IGNORED

Football On Tv

Portland Bill

It's been known for a while that Setanta are having problems. Bottom line is they don't have enough subscribers.

Thats why they are always trying to do lots of deals to entice new customers and then do the age old trick of making it difficult to unsubscribe from the channel. I have heard of people trying for weeks to stop their subscription but they keep charging them anyway

Can the BBC 'approach the table' and potentially snap up a bargain here?

Is that possible/feasible?

They'd better get their skates on if they thought it was. If Setanta 'defaults' their agreement on this Sky will be on it in a shot so both the Beeb and ITV better not be half-asleep to that possibility.

Thats why they are always trying to do lots of deals to entice new customers and then do the age old trick of making it difficult to unsubscribe from the channel. I have heard of people trying for weeks to stop their subscription but they keep charging them anyway

Or taking money from people that don't even subscribe or have a Top Up TV box - only just got back thirty quid of the £40 they owe me and now have to chase them AGAIN for the rest of the money they promised me back :ranting:

Never watched the blooming channel in my life!

ITV are just awful.

Only interested in coin and not great sports coverage.

I was watching Champions league the other night and the build up was suitably terrible, not sure I even saw the match line ups and formation etc, I love to see that and the commentators talk about tactics before the game, but to ITV its more important to goto Adverts. than talk footy. I was like..wtf?!

Also every ITV channel after 11pm is 'scratch card TV' as i like to call it, with some coked up orange tanned muppet exploiting the unemployed and mentally retarded out of their hard earned JSA, If ITV go under i will shed a tear, a tear of joy.

don't get me started on their commentary team.

One of then only says things as if its being recorded for the ages, the other is so unbelievably droll that you fail to believe they motivated anyone, ever.

I'd gladly pay it, not to have to sit through multiple crap ads.

I would pay quadruple my TV licence if BBC got Prem games, just think of the Deluxe commentary and highlights from an organization not driven by coin. BBC Bristol is a credit to the World too, educating the Yanks, Mexicans and Africa for decades, BBC World services is the most respected news outlet of all time and will always be thanks to the licence payer, we should be proud of ourselves.

I can add four other reasons to support this statement.

In no particular order, they are:

Tyldesley.

Pleat.

Drury.

Townsend.

Il happily add why BBC shouldnt get anything

Lineaker

Hanson

Shearer

I would of also added Motson but thankfully he has retired from live game coverage.

Doesn't surprise me at all.

Why ITV was ever allowed anywhere near football again after the ITV Digital fiasco is completely beyond me.

ITV should be bared from ever broadcasting any football ever again.

I can add four other reasons to support this statement.

In no particular order, they are:

Tyldesley.

Pleat.

Drury.

Townsend.

Completely agree with all of these comments...and let's not forget that missed FA Cup Goal...

Archived