IGNORED

Where Was Johnson?

Sargent Pepper

It seems the aftermatch press confrence was handled by Alan Walsh, not GJ or even his right hand man Keith Millen. The only explination is the "very unhappy" boss had to go off somewhere but he must have taken KM with him otherwise he would have handled the press.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

I hear that he kept the players in the dressing room for quite a while after the match......

Hmmm i guess as i got the immpression he was very unhappy at who ever lost thier marker for the goal and he doesn't often lose it that bad with refs so i'm sure he was not in the best of moods but he's usually come out to do interviews or sent Milly out, why Walshy the 3rd in command?

Bumped into Johnson and Millen in a service station on the way home. Gary was not a happy bunny. Fair few choice words he had to describe City's performance, kind of like an uncut press conference!

Don't want to directly quote him though. I think we'll see some players running round like their lives depend on it Saturday!

Ok so the ref and co sounded poor, but was he really having a go at them?

I thought his philosophy was focus on our game and not blame referees, bit hypocritical if he was having a pop as it just sounded like we played crap and got what we deserved.

• Admin
Bumped into Johnson and Millen in a service station on the way home. Gary was not a happy bunny. Fair few choice words he had to describe City's performance, kind of like an uncut press conference!

Don't want to directly quote him though. I think we'll see some players running round like their lives depend on it Saturday!

Were you on the coach ?

Interesting some of the "comments" made by GJ

Ok so the ref and co sounded poor, but was he really having a go at them?

I thought his philosophy was focus on our game and not blame referees, bit hypocritical if he was having a pop as it just sounded like we played crap and got what we deserved.

Trust me, we played crap and got what we deserved. The disappointing thing is that Brum really weren't that good and were definately there for the taking. I thought our work rate was way way below what GJ expects of the team, and I would suspect that is the area in which he was venting his frustrations in the dressing room after the match. Technical performances peak and trough, thats sport, but work rate should never drop from what is expected and last night it did.

That said, he really did have a a real go at the ref walking off, so much so that the ref had a couple of Brum Stewards all but pushing GJ away. GJ was doing all he could to get right in the refs face. That for me has little to do with blaming refs and more about the passion GJ has for BCFC....perhaps he was showing the players that they need a bit more fight in them, because if they churn out another few performances like that from here to the end of the season, we will be nowhere near a play off spot.

There will be a whole lot of running going on in training today.

It seems the aftermatch press confrence was handled by Alan Walsh, not GJ or even his right hand man Keith Millen. The only explination is the "very unhappy" boss had to go off somewhere but he must have taken KM with him otherwise he would have handled the press.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

There'll be an interview with him on BCFC World shortly.

Didn't think the ref was that bad, didn't think it affected the result. What affected the result was how poorly we played in midfield and I hope Johnson paid a lot more attention to that.

Apart from the throw we should have had in the build up to the corners which led to a goal. But we were very poor going forward again the only two passes played on the floor to our strikers dele and maynard were through. To many route one passes!

Didn't think the ref was that bad, didn't think it affected the result. What affected the result was how poorly we played in midfield and I hope Johnson paid a lot more attention to that.

Agreed.....he was more likely unhappy with the way we basicaly had 9 defenders for most of the game as this is what our 5 man midfield became

As well as letting our guard drop at the moment when we should have been the most alert - a late corner

It Showed an old City problem that we have not seen for a while......we were still bemoaning the decison instead of focusing on the corner........not proffesional enough at this level I'm afraid

Johnson's issue was with a handball

the linesman at the end was consistently poor, as i watched the ball go out at least 3 times with the linesman definitely looking the wrong way on a couple of occasions.

You can't blame referee's for a bad result, we defended very well, but were needlessly forced on the back foot back slack passing in the middle.

Birmingham fans say that was their best performance of the season, IMO they couldn't see beyond the fact that we were in our own half most of the game, even though we edged possession.

Agreed.

Definately our weakness last night, not for the first time!

We wern't good enough last night and lost. End of.

Agree with that. There are four people in midfield namely Johnson, Sproule, McIndoe and Williams who should be glancing nervously at the team sheet whenever it is pinned up for Saturday's game because to be honest you could drop any one of them based on last nights showing. Johnson and Sproule in particular were very poor and the other two were just poor!!!

Gary on OS:

"We actually bumped into a few supporters in the services on the way home on Tuesday night and we had an honest chat with them. They were upbeat and felt we were unlucky - we appreciated their comments.

Damn right , onto the next one 3 points tomorrow please!

I think any away team that hold out for 86 mins & then concede, would consider themselves a touch unlucky.

Perhaps, but you need to see the bigger picture really.

Guess it depends if we went there for a draw, which would have been dissapointing.

How in any way were we unlucky?

The word battered springs to mind, doesnt matter if its a goal in the 1st minute or 95th, we were lucky it wasnt 5-0.

We were just offering some positive support to a very pissed off man. I think you are reading into every word GJ says a bit too much. Those that were there know the score and know what was said.

It's refreshing to see a manager share the frustration of supporters and telling it like it is. What he says through the media, what is said behind closed doors, what is said to loyal fans travelling back from Brum...it ain't all going to be the same soundbites I'm afraid.

I don't think we were unlucky.

We were just offering some positive support to a very pissed off man. I think you are reading into every word GJ says a bit too much. Those that were there know the score and know what was said.

It's refreshing to see a manager share the frustration of supporters and telling it like it is. What he says through the media, what is said behind closed doors, what is said to loyal fans travelling back from Brum...it ain't all going to be the same soundbites I'm afraid.

I don't think we were unlucky.

:laugh:, fair play, care to share what he said?

I expect something like **** ** *** **** ** **** ********** ** ?

:bruce_h4h:

The disappointing thing is that Brum really weren't that good and were definately there for the taking.

Whilst I was waiting for the filth to open the road outside the ground I over heard some Brummie on his mobile talking to a mate saying 'that was the best the Blues had played all season' :huh:

Archived