IGNORED

Peter Beagrie's Championship's Six Best Players!

cheshire_red

Basso, Elliott or Johnson don't get a mention...... If they were at a "bigger club" they would.

Just goes to show we are still seen as a small club and not taken seriously

Not at all. He included Swansea who are a similar size to us. Just his persona opinion I guess, and is usually fairly complimentary about City.

Not at all. He included Swansea who are a similar size to us. Just his persona opinion I guess, and is usually fairly complimentary about City.

He probabaly only mentions Swansea cos Martinez often works for sky - so there is a connection.

They could be best friends- I just can't see any point in knocking every pundit just because they don't mention us.

Because we've been the most consistent side alongside wolves, since we've come up. Yet there is NO MENTION of us.

Basso in particular has been brilliant - yet no mention. Most of these pundits go for the names rather that actually knowing who is playing well.

Swansea are just flavour of the month, just came up last season and not expected to do much but have done really well, lot of comparisons to our first season back in the Championship and if you remember correctly a lot of our players did receive rave reviews this time last season.

Bristol City are old news now and we're just another Championship side as Swansea will be next season . The other thing is it's completely subjective and his opinion.

Whilst we're on about Sky Icouldn't believe that Sean O'Driscoll didn't win Manager of the month, achived miracles with side that looked doomed.

Basso, Elliott or Johnson don't get a mention...... If they were at a "bigger club" they would.

Basso agreed, see that save from Bowyer in the first half against Brum. World class.

Elliott has hardly featured this season and as for Johnson .........nope I'm not going to bite :pinch:

Because we've been the most consistent side alongside wolves, since we've come up. Yet there is NO MENTION of us.

Basso in particular has been brilliant - yet no mention. Most of these pundits go for the names rather that actually knowing who is playing well.

Every club in this league will have players they think should be in there. Just because we aren't there is no need to have a go at pundits etc - it just sounds bitter.

You could argue Basso has been the best but then you could also argue Hennessey is the best. Same with loads of players.

Every club in this league will have players they think should be in there. Just because we aren't there is no need to have a go at pundits etc - it just sounds bitter.

You could argue Basso has been the best but then you could also argue Hennessey is the best. Same with loads of players.

Yes, i understand. But as one of the most consistent sides, you would expect a player to at least get a mention.

really? I'd say 3 of em would.

You could possibly debate if Roger Johnson would oust Carey and Fonts but the other five definately would.

Yes, i understand. But as one of the most consistent sides, you would expect a player to at least get a mention.

Have you seen our home record!

I rate Roger Johnson as a better and younger version of Carey. He also scores more. Him and Fontaine would be an amazing defence in this league.

I don't know I just feel happier when Carey is in the side. He brings leadership and experience which is so important to any side.

Fair enough, its a game of opinions and we all think differently, out of interest who are the 3 that you don't think would get in our side?

Thinking about it again it would be 4. I don't think Scotland is better than Adebola or Maynard and I don't think Roger Johnson would get into our side.

Posters on this site can't agree which is City's best 11 so what chance does Beagrie have of getting them to agree with his selections in this case?

Archived