IGNORED

What Is With The Johnson And Mcindoe Corners ?

Carey 6

It is so annoying when LJ and MM do that stupid little pass thing when we get a corner and it doesnt ever get past the first man or goes straight to the keeper

why not just put it in straight away and get more power and pace on it so that the men in the box can head it in better !!!!!!!!! we did this atleast twice against birmingham and it is just such a waste of what could be a good attack

It is so annoying when LJ and MM do that stupid little pass thing when we get a corner and it doesnt ever get past the first man or goes straight to the keeper

why not just put it in straight away and get more power and pace on it so that the men in the box can head it in better !!!!!!!!! we did this atleast twice against birmingham and it is just such a waste of what could be a good attack

i take it that everyone likes these corners then due to the lack of posts up to the views ?????????

We only had once corner in the whole game!

But you are right, it is pointless. Compared with those corners that Larsson was sticking in for Brum, nice and deep, all caused us problems and no shock that was how they scored.

We only had once corner in the whole game!

But you are right, it is pointless. Compared with those corners that Larsson was sticking in for Brum, nice and deep, all caused us problems and no shock that was how they scored.

They were bound to be good given the practice he was getting!!!

They were bound to be good given the practice he was getting!!!

In fairness, from his very first attempt, Larsson's crosses and corners were right on the money. We might only have had one corner but it paled by comparison - a right mamby pamby effort right down the goalies throat if I remember correctly.

Bearing in mind that Dele carries a bit of a threat in the air, just how often do we get corners and freekicks into the danger area for him to attack?

It seems to me that Birmingham have worked out the right man to take all their dead ball kicks. By comparison perhaps we have the wrong man on the ball and are still looking for the right man?

Larsson

I can see the logic. We sacrifice one attacking player, but the opposition has to bring two defenders out to the corner to defend it. The ratio of attackers to defenders in the box becomes slightly more favourable.

And LJ will never score a header. If he does i will bear my backside........ Ah never mind ;)

I'll get my coat

:tumbleweed:

I cant remember the last time we scored directly from a corner, so i guess the answer would be no it dosnt seem to work.

Hang on, pretty sure we scored from one a match or so ago, was it Reading? Adebola or Skuse scored, God I cant bloody remember, or was it a free kick i dunno :noexpression:

Hang on, pretty sure we scored from one a match or so ago, was it Reading? Adebola or Skuse scored, God I cant bloody remember, or was it a free kick i dunno :noexpression:

I think it may well have been a corner! If it was then my mistake, but we seem to rarely capitlise on corners which seems a shame as we have quite a lot of good headers of the ball.

I think it may well have been a corner! If it was then my mistake, but we seem to rarely capitlise on corners which seems a shame as we have quite a lot of good headers of the ball.

Agreed, but we are not really a 'big' team i think, when you look at the size of most centre half monsters in the Championship we might struggle with any inswingers.

Playing short gives us more options, retain possession and give them less of a chance to counter, but it does not give you the explosive power, although smashing it in there can seem a bit clumsy if your corner taker aint that great.

In fairness, from his very first attempt, Larsson's crosses and corners were right on the money. We might only have had one corner but it paled by comparison - a right mamby pamby effort right down the goalies throat if I remember correctly.

Bearing in mind that Dele carries a bit of a threat in the air, just how often do we get corners and freekicks into the danger area for him to attack?

It seems to me that Birmingham have worked out the right man to take all their dead ball kicks. By comparison perhaps we have the wrong man on the ball and are still looking for the right man?

Larsson

I'm afraid there is no comparison when it comes to deadball situations between Larsson and Johnson

I swear both of ouyr goals at reading were from free kicks

Archived