IGNORED

Lee Johnson In Stern's Shirt?

RedM

What the heck was going on there???

For those that don't know Lee ran out after HT wearing Stern's shirt, so we had two number 31's on the pitch for a good 5 minutes until the ref saw it and made him change.

We decided that it was deliberate and by wearing a shirt with just 'John' written on it took the 'son' out of Johnson and made a point to his critics...either that or the kit man just made an honest mistake!

(By the way even before the goal he played a blinder, lots of tackling was evident which he can be thought guilty of shirking from. Stepped up to the plate when required).

What the heck was going on there???

For those that don't know Lee ran out after HT wearing Stern's shirt, so we had two number 31's on the pitch for a good 5 minutes until the ref saw it and made him change.

We decided that it was deliberate and by wearing a shirt with just 'John' written on it took the 'son' out of Johnson and made a point to his critics...either that or the kit man just made an honest mistake!

(By the way even before the goal he played a blinder, lots of tackling was evident which he can be thought guilty of shirking from. Stepped up to the plate when required).

hopefullt that wasn't the case, because the best way of making a point to your critics is by playing well for the team

which despite the goal he didn't.

was a very random event appearing in the wrong shirt, still at least he didn't put McCombe's by mistake it would have been down to his ankles!

Guest Eamer
By the way even before the goal he played a blinder, lots of tackling was evident which he can be thought guilty of shirking from. Stepped up to the plate when required.

Forget your glasses tonight?

I usually NEVER criticise Johnson as I do realise he does provide something to the first team but tonight he wasn't much short of appalling. His goal just papered over the cracks in his game tonight. He gave the ball away three times in the first four minutes of the match and it didn't get much better. Missing tackles, giving the ball away, playing the ball back to Basso when not under any sort of pressure at all...

I usually NEVER criticise Johnson as I do realise he does provide something to the first team but tonight he wasn't much short of appalling. His goal just papered over the cracks in his game tonight. He gave the ball away three times in the first four minutes of the match and it didn't get much better. Missing tackles, giving the ball away, playing the ball back to Basso when not under any sort of pressure at all...

I think you are the one that forgot your glasses. He has been playing well recently and long may it continue.

Completely agree with you Eamer, i generally like LJ as a player and have never criticsed him on here but unfortunately tonight i thought he was poor.

GW outstanding again, as was stern IMO. When he gets that all important goal soon i can see him going on a bit of a run. :fingerscrossed:

Guest Eamer
I think you are the one that forgot your glasses. He has been playing well recently and long may it continue.

He has indeed been playing well recently... until tonight which was a definite exception to his recent form.

Completely agree with you Eamer, i generally like LJ as a player and have never criticsed him on here but unfortunately tonight i thought he was poor.

GW outstanding again, as was stern IMO. When he gets that all important goal soon i can see him going on a bit of a run. :fingerscrossed:

I'm not a fan of Stern John but today he did the job he was put on the pitch to do and can't fault him for his performance tonight. Hoping he can go on that scoring run you mention. Maybe he'll score the decisive goal to get us into another play-off final...?

He has indeed been playing well recently... until tonight which was a definite exception to his recent form.

I'm not a fan of Stern John but today he did the job he was put on the pitch to do and can't fault him for his performance tonight. Hoping he can go on that scoring run you mention. Maybe he'll score the decisive goal to get us into another play-off final...?

That would be nice!!

And as i said in the chat room saturday, Lee Trundle off the bench to score the wining goal in the play-off final against Cardiff, absolute perfection!!!!! :winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h:

Archived