IGNORED

The "bouncing" Goes From Strength To Strength.

Fat Cigar

Another great evening for bouncing around. Hats off again to the East End for persisting and ensuring that all the stands got in on the act. (Didn't hear a chant for Coventry to bounce though!) The bouncing around really is a terrific (and amusing) way of generating a cracking atmosphere, and must look superb. I imagine the away fans must wonder what an earth is going on as the whole of the Wedlock shakes.

It's brought a wonderful addition to home games, and of course to the away games, where it is just brilliant (especially Portsmouth and Reading, although at Derby they scored both times just after we'd been bouncing!). So, it's been mentioned here several times before and I'm sure will be repeated again in the future, but a huge thank you to the lads and ladesses in the East End for bringing the bounce to Ashton Gate, and taking it on the road up and down the country. We're going to need it even more for Sunday.

Oh dear, be prepared for abuse from all those who claim Ashton Gate had atmosphere before the East End opened.

I agree entirely, great atmosphere these days.

Of course, there was atmosphere from other stands before the East End opened. But it is still refreshing that in the days of clone and characterless stadiums with sanitised and sterile atmospheres, there is still great noise made by the home fans. Usually, it's the away fans who make the noise but the 'bouncing' and all the rest has ensured that at Ashton Gate you hear the home fans, which makes a nice change.

Another great evening for bouncing around. Hats off again to the East End for persisting and ensuring that all the stands got in on the act. (Didn't hear a chant for Coventry to bounce though!) The bouncing around really is a terrific (and amusing) way of generating a cracking atmosphere, and must look superb. I imagine the away fans must wonder what an earth is going on as the whole of the Wedlock shakes.

It's brought a wonderful addition to home games, and of course to the away games, where it is just brilliant (especially Portsmouth and Reading, although at Derby they scored both times just after we'd been bouncing!). So, it's been mentioned here several times before and I'm sure will be repeated again in the future, but a huge thank you to the lads and ladesses in the East End for bringing the bounce to Ashton Gate, and taking it on the road up and down the country. We're going to need it even more for Sunday.

Made I laugh though, about half way through the first half, the Coventry fans turned to the East End and sang " Bounce in a minute, theyr'e going to bounce in a minute"

I think the bounce is getting better but like i've heard others say we should only do it after a goal or when we're winning. Otherwise i can see people soon getting fed up of it. Personally i think it's great, but if we were to do it straight after we scored then everyone would be standing meaning more will do it and will want to do it as we've just scored.

Long Live The Bounce!

I think the bounce is getting better but like i've heard others say we should only do it after a goal or when we're winning. Otherwise i can see people soon getting fed up of it. Personally i think it's great, but if we were to do it straight after we scored then everyone would be standing meaning more will do it and will want to do it as we've just scored.

Long Live The Bounce!

Possibly, but shouldn't the whole point be that we get behind the team even when we're not winning? I know that's the hardest part; trying to get everyone on side when we're playing badly and trailing, but that's when the players need the encouragement most. Still, I imagine just after a goal is when it seems to work best.

I personally think it is only best doing it when we have scored, the other stands respond better then and for obvious reasons. No point going overboard and trying to do it three or four times a game.

don't see why we should be getting away fans to bounce, surely its best to let them sit there all quiet.

I think an early bounce is important. It gets that positive feeling around the stadium and is an early boost to the players and atmosphere. And we don't want accusations flying around that we only bounce when we're winning.

But yeah, after than maybe only when things are going well.

Yep, a Sky Blues fan call Radio Bristol after the match and at the end of the call said that the atmosphere created by the Bristol City fans was "electric"?!

Almost thought we had Basso in the world of the bounce....he certainly gave it some serious thought didn't he.........the funniest thing about asking Basso to bounce was GJ's reaction on the touchline, he was clapping the East End and bouncing at the same time almost encouraging Basso to get involved, absolute quality....this GJ chap, he's addicted to bouncing!

I sat in the posh seats last night as a hospitality guest, which firstly i will say is very well run and hosted,

now sitting on the half way line in the comfy seats i observed the game and the crowd from away from the eastend,

i will say the eastend looked and sounded superb from a-far but i noticed the atyeo has started to make an effort and were

loud at times and the 2 stands (although you may not have heard it while in those stands) did sing in union of a fair few times on several songs so well done, also pockets of the dolman was good and i wished i recorded the bounce around when

all the stands had a go, it looked superb!! so well done everyone keep it up.

One tip though The bounce does look more intimidating when just scored or winning a game not when

defending a corner etc, use the bounce wisley and more singing in union.

i was in the atyeo last night and the atmosphere in there was not too bad, although it is mostly down to the east end noise carrying around the stadium, at times it was the ateyo starting off there own songs

there was a quiet spell in second half for ten mins, but the game was pretty dour at this point

still think AG needs to become mor eintimidating, and morrison should have got far more abuse

I sat in the posh seats last night as a hospitality guest, which firstly i will say is very well run and hosted,

now sitting on the half way line in the comfy seats i observed the game and the crowd from away from the eastend,

i will say the eastend looked and sounded superb from a-far but i noticed the atyeo has started to make an effort and were

loud at times and the 2 stands (although you may not have heard it while in those stands) did sing in union of a fair few times on several songs so well done, also pockets of the dolman was good and i wished i recorded the bounce around when

all the stands had a go, it looked superb!! so well done everyone keep it up.

One tip though The bounce does look more intimidating when just scored or winning a game not when

defending a corner etc, use the bounce wisley and more singing in union.

Great stuff when Gary Johnson responded to chants to do the East End bounce. :winner_third_h4h: Is there any other football manager that would have the sense of fun to join in ??!!!! :dancing6: Gary Johnson = top bloke.

Great stuff when Gary Johnson responded to chants to do the East End bounce. :winner_third_h4h: Is there any other football manager that would have the sense of fun to join in ??!!!! :dancing6: Gary Johnson = top bloke.

Agreed but we need to pick the moments to ask him to bounce not when he needs to concentrate on the game

and there was a bit of a kid with a new toy syndrome with the bounce in the EE vs blackpool which is best avoided,

use all your tools in your singing box not just a bounce.

Styvar looked like he wanted to join in when he was on the near post for a Coventry corner in front of the East end!

:rofl2br: I spotted that as well!!! To be fair i think it did help him win the header!!! Some lads were trying 2 change the styvar song to 'will he ever score a goal, Pete Styvar, Styvar'

Yeah, agree. It must look absolutely awesome once we've just scored. It would be nice to get a bounce going just before kick-off though; just after the players come out. But yes, we must "use the bounce wisely," and probably only ask Johnson (who is clearly in his element when he's asked to bounce!) to bounce once we're guaranteed victory, if there is such a thing!

small block N in the dolmand is brilliant because you almost fill like your in the eastend and we sing all there songs

Guest churchill gaffer

Just to let you all know.

The away fans are well impressed with the bounce atmosphere all around the ground.

Some show some jealousy, but take it from me it looks great to them!

They are all well impressed with the atmosphere it creates!!!!!

Well done all! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Just to let you all know.

The away fans are well impressed with the bounce atmosphere all around the ground.

Some show some jealousy, but take it from me it looks great to them!

They are all well impressed with the atmosphere it creates!!!!!

Well done all! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

got any decent links to show this? always like to read what other fans have to say

Archived