IGNORED

Russel Slade

bristolcitysweden

My top three English managers:

1. GJ - Very good manager

2. Russel Slade - c**k, whenever his team loses its the refs fault, hes s**t, really thought he was better than GJ when he was there!!

3. Mike Newell - Not very good at all, currently managing a piss poor Grimsby team

My top three English managers:

1. GJ

2. Russel Slade

3. Mike Newell

While I agree that Gary Johnson is among the top english managers currentlly around, Russel Slade and Mike Newell are nowhere near the top of the list in my opinion! What about Phil Brown, Steve Coppel, Mick McCarthy who are all above those two!

Roy Hodgson, now there is a bit of a legend. Been around the block, managed in various countries, and did relatively well, managed at international level, and did relatively well, and doing a job with Fulham this season. Looks like they are about to get there first away win of the season, considering there recent away record, that is good effort!!

Slade seems to be a bit to much interested in money instead of developing his own talents. Great results for both Grimsby and Yeovil though.

Newell can't be questioned really. Can't think of any manager in England class working more. Does all the scouting himself and is constantly on the road. Got the nose for talent. Like GJ and Slade he might well be the England manager one day. In fact I truly believe one of them one day will be.

Good honest people!

Slade seems to be a bit to much interested in money instead of developing his own talents. Great results for both Grimsby and Yeovil though.

Newell can't be questioned really. Can't think of any manager in England class working more. Does all the scouting himself and is constantly on the road. Got the nose for talent. Like GJ and Slade he might well be the England manager one day. In fact I truly believe one of them one day will be.

Good honest people!

Are you serious!

If the Fa overlooked the likes of Redknapp Allardyce Ince Southgate etc for the England job do you really think lower league managers like GJ and Slade will even have a sniff?

While I agree that Gary Johnson is among the top english managers currentlly around, Russel Slade and Mike Newell are nowhere near the top of the list in my opinion! What about Phil Brown, Steve Coppel, Mick McCarthy who are all above those two!

I agree on Brown. Has taken on board the Swedish model. Was visisting the Swedish managers Tommy Söderberg & Lars Lagerbäck during his education. In fact he arrived on the same day we had a very important qualifier but he was taken care of by the guys like on any day "because it was important". Would that happen in England? Bet you know the answer.

Are you serious!

If the Fa overlooked the likes of Redknapp Allardyce Ince Southgate etc for the England job do you really think lower league managers like GJ and Slade will even have a sniff?

Off course I am. It's a question of being at the at the right place on the right time. Of course it's easier to make the easy decison but I can't rule out that your FA got level headed people.

Newell stod up against corruption and paid the price.

Luckily there are still people like John Fenty in the game.

Mick McCarthy? English? may have the accent, but hes Irish.

1. phil brown Performing the unthinkable!

2. gary johnson - No other manager in our league could do what Johnson has done with our players

3. harry redknapp - Chops and changes more often than a tailor

4.roy hodgson - Earned respect wherever he goes and lets face it he's been everywhere good coach

5. steve coppell - Like his style

6.alan curbishley - Done great things with charlton, spent very badly when at west ham

7. alan pardew - managed to turn a Premier League side into one on the verge of league one Brilliant!!!!!!

8. mark hughes WELSH

9.sam allardyce - Builds a side to play his style, good at what he does.

10.paul ince - what has he done???? kept Macclesfield up - no better than what Mark Robins has achieved at rotherham where is all his praise???? Took a moneybags team up from league two. Andy Scott at Brentford is doing what he achieved at a fraction of the cost.

IMO the top 5 English managers are.

1. Roy Hodgson

2. Steve Bruce

3. Phil Brown

4. Sam Alladyce

5. Steve Coppell

I think special praise should go to those who's teams are 'punching above their weight' While they won't make most people's top ten list but the like of Sean O' Driscoll who play football the right way and should we lose GJ to England :noexpression: then he would be my choice of replacement.

IMO the top 5 English managers are.

1. Roy Hodgson

2. Steve Bruce

3. Phil Brown

4. Sam Alladyce

5. Steve Coppell

I think special praise should go to those who's teams are 'punching above their weight' While they won't make most people's top ten list but the like of Sean O' Driscoll who play football the right way and should we lose GJ to England :noexpression: then he would be my choice of replacement.

Would that be the same Roy Hodgson that was sacked as manager of Blackburn and assisted in getting Bristol City relegated? :whistle2:

Archived