IGNORED

Defending Yet Another Late Goal

bh red

Bloody annoying that we've conceded YET ANOTHER late goal, 3rd in 4 games which is proving to be a horrible habit, the player should have be brought down much much earlier and not allowed to continue his run at goal, at least skuse got it right few mins later and took the player down before he got in the box.

More than deserved the win today and another decent performance from Stern John.

Gutted that Williams went off injured as it took alot out of us, hopefully he's fit for saturday as he's vital.

Plus no silly talk of Basso should be dropped please,

7 games to go, can we make it Play-offs? It's more than possibly and but not optimistic.

Play-offs are always a possibility unless we mathematicaly can't make them,I agree though it is far from in our hands.

As far as today goes,I think it was another case of wanting all day to win a match and getting caught out late on when as in any sport,tiredness is creeping in.

As in other home games this season we've failed to take the game to the opposition,especially in the first 20 mins or so(a period that we were so dangerous in last year),in the first half today we barely troubled their keeper and although I felt we had a lot of possession,Cardiff looked more likely to score with the few chances thry created. In this first half I remember a Fontaine header and a couple of long - range efforts, and not for the first time since my move to the East End,I failed to see City score at my end of the ground.

2nd half we come out with seemingly new life and start to drive forward and cause them problems,even missing what looked like a sitter from my end before Maynard rifled in the opener,cue the period where Cardiff are on the ropes waiting to be put away,instead(as with at Derby and other games this term) we are straight under pressure with a header against the bar and shot off the post and you can almost sense the inevitable which eventually costs us 2 points.

Ok Basso dropped a clanger(Grobbelaar used to for Liverpool) but instead of being a couple in front and merely a consolation,we have dropped deeper and deeper clinging to 1-0 and been punished,same thing happened at Derby,took all game to score a goal,yet very little time to give the initiative to the opposition.

With the team that we have we will always be a good,hard working championship side,which I have no problem with,however until we become a more dangerous attacking force,that's as far as it will go.

I know everyone has there own view on the team etc,but this is mine and right or wrong I think that is our shortcoming at the moment

Archived