IGNORED

Do We Need Elliot ?

will alwayes beleve

The last few weeks have shown us that there is life without Marv. Skuse has stepped up to the mark superbly and shown that he can play in the Championship and effect games. Marv is going to attract business in the summer, no doubt about it. If he does decide that he wants to give the Prem a crack with someone like Pompy or Boro, we can play without him.

However, Marvin is the best midfielder we have at the club IMO and he has to play when fit.

So in answer to the question. We have shown we can play without Elliot, but every club needs the best players they can to be playing

The last few weeks have shown us that there is life without Marv. Skuse has stepped up to the mark superbly and shown that he can play in the Championship and effect games. Marv is going to attract business in the summer, no doubt about it. If he does decide that he wants to give the Prem a crack with someone like Pompy or Boro, we can play without him.

However, Marvin is the best midfielder we have at the club IMO and he has to play when fit.

So in answer to the question. We have shown we can play without Elliot, but every club needs the best players they can to be playing

Agree with every word of this. Elliott is just superb. I'd love to see him and Williams alongside each other regularly.

It would be great to have him back,as has been mentioned,he is one of our best players.Would personally like to see him next to Williams and Skuse in the 3-5-2 formation.And just for the record,I'm a LJ fan,just think that those three together would be a good blend.Pace,power,height,tackling,passing,goals?

It would be great to have him back,as has been mentioned,he is one of our best players.Would personally like to see him next to Williams and Skuse in the 3-5-2 formation.And just for the record,I'm a LJ fan,just think that those three together would be a good blend.Pace,power,height,tackling,passing,goals?

I agree. In a 4-4-2 it would be Marv and Williams for me.

3-5-2 i would go the same as you!

Again i am not a Lj knocker. 3 months ago i would probably of had Lj instead of Skuse in a 3 man center but Cole's recent form has made me change my mind!!!!

Agree with every word of this. Elliott is just superb. I'd love to see him and Williams alongside each other regularly.

it would be fantastic, but unless our number 33 gets an injury, which is highly unlikely, then it wont happen.

as for the original question, do we need one of the best players in the championship?? hmm. toughie that one.

only problem with a skuse, elliott and williams central 3 in a 3-5-2?

it means you only have williams and the 2 strikers as attacking options on the pitch which means you have 8 defensive minded players out there - not good!

I am not so sure.......Elliott is more than capable of being a threat in attack and Skuse has shown with his 2 goals recently that he can and is improving the attacking side of his game. The 2 wing backs should also provide us with an attacking option. They are both full backs and may not be as good going forward as maybe a midfielder playing as a wing back would be but hopefully the more they play there the more attack minded they will become. McAllister had another great shot yesterday that just went over the bar proving to me that Tuesday wasnt a fluke and that he is capable of striking a really good ball.

Of course we need him. Sunderland have 48 first team players we have about 18. If we are serious about getting in the Premier League we need a SQUAD. It seems that as soon as someone is out of the team for a week or two some fans think we should sell them and as soon as someone arrives people think someone should go....actually we need to build the squad up to 24 players capable of playing Premier League football and six or seven young or emertging players that can fill in and "do a job"...then we will be ready to take on the Premier League. We need Elliott and all the current players who have done well in his absence.

Archived