IGNORED

Jer Boon

Jer's heroism reached new levels this weekend when he was forced to cycle for almost 24 hours over the course of Saturday and Sunday.

With no hotel rooms available in South Yorkshire on Saturday evening Jer was forced to keep cycling through the night and go without sleep until the following evening.

I'm sure we all agree the man is a legend and deserves our respect.

So if you're in Bristol tomorrow evening why not show your respect by attending Jer's party at Ashton Gate? Everyone welcome, tickets available from the club at a cost of a measly 10 pounds. Please come along and be part of Jer's fantastic season!

So who is going to come?

[Edited to remove what could have been seen as desperate pleading]

I will be there too. I understand there are some fantastic raffle prizes as well. Perhaps Purple Monkey Dishwasher could tell us what they are.
The only one I care about is the crate of Blackthorn. :sub:

I believe there are lots of football goodies, including signed Middlesborough and Blackburn shirts and Jim Brennan's promotion winning Norwich shirt.

I think there's also a very famous, much sought after purple and lime green shirt from January 1994 if you know what I mean....

Plenty of non-footy prizes on offer too.

But in order to win, you'll need to be at the party (hint...).

Guest DrFaustus

Yer man has done an amazing job! Is there an address or website where charity donations can be sent please. Sod the so-called divide.

Big respect to the man :sub:

I think its a raffle, not an auction Ian. But I guess there's nothing stopping you (or anyone else) buying tickets. Let me know how many you want and I'll put them by for you and you can send a cheque. If anyone else wants to do that, just pm me. But if I buy raffle tickets on your behalf and you subsequently don't pay up if you don't win anything then clearly you are a Gashead .. or worse .. Tony Pulis.

soory boys, but i cant make it to bristol till sat morning - but i would love to be there and obviously pass on my congrats to Jer..

Blings gold chained and burberry clad hand will be going in his pocket on Saturday though - how would Jer like some Gold Fronts or a pimped out bike??

aaaaiiiiii?

Guest RedwardsV1

I'm not going un4tanatley but i'm carrying round a bucket from Percy Parrot on Saturday, I agree the man is truly a legend, he deserves alot of respect from all of us, he gave up his job and put his life on hold so he could help out the breast cancer campaign

Fair play 2 the man!!!!!

:Party27: :Party27: :Party27: :Party27: :Party27: :Party27:

• Admin
I am planning to be in Bristol from Tomorrow evening for a few days, so transport permitting, I would love to come along. Anyone know if I can pay at the door and what time the celebrations start?
I'm sure if you contact DaveL or Purple Monkey Dishwasher, they'll be more than happy to accomodate you.

Especially if you come by bike................... :P

Guest Jer

Just a reply to various postings here.

* Yes, tickets should be available on the door. We didn't take the full allocation in the first place, so there should be plenty of space on the day.

* Having been told the club was going to sell tickets for us, it seems some people have been contacting the club to buy them and being told the tickets office doesn't know anything about it. Apologies for that, if you're in that category. See my first point above!!

* Rose: No probs, I've put another ticket aside for you. I can't speak for the club's policy on minors, but sounds OK to me!

* And finally a general warning. It seems Fred Wedlock wishes to do a duet with me on my banjo. Bring earplugs in case that actually happens...

Jer

OK, one last attempt to convince you what a great night tonight will be, and all for just a tenner! :dunno:

Tickets will be available on the door, so no need to sit in a queue on the ticket hotline. Just come down to the ground around 7pm (things should get started by 8pm) and join in the fun. It is in the Cetenary Restaurant in the Williams Stand.

Since today is the 30th anniversary of Adge Cutler's death I will attempt to get Fred Wedlock to do some sort of tribute, which I'm sure will be worth the admission fee by itself....

See you there hopefully!

Guest Pinamonte

How much money should I bring to this party? I want to make sure that I win that Jim Brennan shirt as he is my favourite City player ever. How many raffle tickets will I need to buy to win it do you think? Also, tell Jer that I will buy him a pint if I see him at the party.

Since today is the 30th anniversary of Adge Cutler's death I will attempt to get Fred Wedlock to do some sort of tribute, which I'm sure will be worth the admission fee by itself....

Ouch!, that's made me feel even worse about having to miss it - his arrangement of Adge's Thee's Got'n Wur Thee Casn't Back'n Asn't from The Folker (1971) would seem most appropriate ...

Flo and Jo

They like to go

Every Sunday afternoon,

On a bike made for two they'd travel far ...

Perhaps the club can viddy it?

Guest Pinamonte

It was a good party last night. Some of the players turned up and the Fred Wedlock guy was very funny. I brought Jer a pint to well done him for his efforts and I got to meet the Tinman who popped in. I didn't win anything on the raffle though.

Last night was fantastic. Fred was great and Jer's banjo playing had everyone in awe.

Lee Miller turned up and seemed like an especially nice chap, and the Tinman gave Jer a bottle of champagne from all the players.

The night was a huge success financially, I believe we made 300 quid on the raffle alone.

Many thanks to Dave for hosting it, Fred for providing the entertainment, and to the players and the Lansdowns for turning up and making the night go so well.

It's been featured on Sky Sports News this morning. Did anyone see it?

Archived