IGNORED

Styver?

will alwayes beleve

personaly i think that peter styver should have more of a chance because he is big and quick and i think he needs a couple of 90 min games and he would fit right in and be good.

because he gets the last 20 min jobs and how are you going to setlle being in a new league diffrent contry in 20 min a game.

any 1 agree??

I'm looking forward to seeing Peter Styvar play against England at Wembley next week. Playing against players at and English style pace. Wont do him any harm.

No.

Adebola and Maynard are out best front 2 and whilst Play-offs are still within a shout, when fit they start without doubt.

Styvar is starting to worry me to be honest, been here 3 months now, has barely shown anything yet to be worth the 700k we paid for him, which for someone who is 29 in few months, is a concern, at the moment, he doesn't look a better option than Trundle or John.

But, he does need time to settle in, but like Carle last season, will Gary give him the chance to settle and get the best out of him or not?

No.

Adebola and Maynard are out best front 2 and whilst Play-offs are still within a shout, when fit they start without doubt.

Styvar is starting to worry me to be honest, been here 3 months now, has barely shown anything yet to be worth the 700k we paid for him, which for someone who is 29 in few months, is a concern, at the moment, he doesn't look a better option than Trundle or John.

But, he does need time to settle in, but like Carle last season, will Gary give him the chance to settle and get the best out of him or not?

Johnson made it clear that the fee paid for Peter is nowhere near the £700k qouted in the press. I think given time he will be a quality addition to the squad but its difficult to give players who need games, games when we are still fighting for the playoffs as you play your best players.

Johnson made it clear that the fee paid for Peter is nowhere near the £700k qouted in the press. I think given time he will be a quality addition to the squad but its difficult to give players who need games, games when we are still fighting for the playoffs as you play your best players.

we paid around 700 euros for him according to Styvar's former clubs website, why would they lie???

I think Gary got a bit confused with the euro's conversion personally,

No.

He was out with illness for a bit - has looked OK when he's played against some good defences. Shame his shot the other week which looked destined for the back of the net was blocked. Hopefully a goal will give him the kick start he needs.

we paid around 700 euros for him according to Styvar's former clubs website, why would they lie???

I think Gary got a bit confused with the euro's conversion personally,

For the same reason if we sold one of our star players you would want to inflate the price to keep the fans happy howver we use the magic undisclosed amount. Just think if we sold Marv for £400k, there would be fans knocking doors down for answers. The simple fact is that GJ said it was far less than the price qouted in the press therefore as he is OUR manager I will believe him.

For the same reason if we sold one of our star players you would want to inflate the price to keep the fans happy howver we use the magic undisclosed amount. Just think if we sold Marv for £400k, there would be fans knocking doors down for answers. The simple fact is that GJ said it was far less than the price qouted in the press therefore as he is OUR manager I will believe him.

clubs can't just lie about transfer fee's though, because it all comes out in the accounts, his club made a firm quotation of the price, we have said nothing concerte.

Why on earth should the Slovakian club, that was forced to sign someone to replace him, officially state that the fee was EUR 775 000?

GJ is a horsedealer. We might not have cashed it up but the value of the contract with adds on etc. is probably the amount recognised by his former club.

I agree the fee seems a bit high as he was only under contract til the end of the season.

Is Adebola fit enough to play 90 mins? Stern John has been playing really well too. And you'd have to be nuts to drop Maynard, even before his goal on Sunday.

He does need time to settle in, the other forwards are playing well so why is it a concern?

I said at the time we signed him that he would need at least 3 months to settle in. Now is the earliest we should be able to see anything from him. He sucked against Coventry but I was really impressed by his brief appearance on Sunday. He is two-footed and incredibly strong. He can make short & medium passes, can hold up the ball, tackle... and can presumably shoot too.

I've been impressed with his cameos recently, he looks quick and has a good touch for a big man and his awareness on the pitch seems good. However, as already said, considering we are in a play-off push it is not the time to trying something new. Adebola and John have been performing well so there is no reason to change things.

Is Adebola fit enough to play 90 mins? Stern John has been playing really well too. And you'd have to be nuts to drop Maynard, even before his goal on Sunday.

John has played well in the last couple of games, but since he's been here he just never looks like scoring, his record is worse than Trundle's, agreed Dele's not a 90min player however he's an FANTASTIC 70min player who will batter teams and get the goals as he's been doing all season.

I'd rather have 70 Adebola and 20 John, than the other way around personally

No.

Can't really understand your point.In one breath you say he doesn't look a better option than John or Trundle and the next moment yoiu think ne needs time.In my view he hasn't had a chance to establish his self or settle.Look how long it took Nicky Maynard to settle in and look the part.What I find unable to understand is why we are playing Stern John who is slow and lazy and useless in the air for game after game when we have signed a player in Styvar who looks quicker .works harder and is better in the air.Also I couldn't for that matter understand starting John ahead of Dele against Cardiff.Surely it should have been Dele and Maynard with Styvar coming on and John sat in the stands.

Inclined to agree, which 70 mins though? Adebola is best as the other team are getting tired.

Well, you cant start John and then bring Dele on after 20 minutes can you so its pretty obvious which way round it needs to happen.

Styvar is for next season, not this one. Everyone just needs to chill and trust Gary Johnson (again).

Can't really understand your point.In one breath you say he doesn't look a better option than John or Trundle and the next moment yoiu think ne needs time.In my view he hasn't had a chance to establish his self or settle.Look how long it took Nicky Maynard to settle in and look the part.What I find unable to understand is why we are playing Stern John who is slow and lazy and useless in the air for game after game when we have signed a player in Styvar who looks quicker .works harder and is better in the air.Also I couldn't for that matter understand starting John ahead of Dele against Cardiff.Surely it should have been Dele and Maynard with Styvar coming on and John sat in the stands.

Did you see Stern John on sunday? And against Coventry on Tuesday?

Played very well and deserved to keep his place.

Styvar reminds me of when Vasko was shoved upfront, strong but very very clumsy, giving needless fouls away by just flattening people

Guest RobbieTurner
clubs can't just lie about transfer fee's though, because it all comes out in the accounts, his club made a firm quotation of the price, we have said nothing concerte.

Then look at the accounts when they are released...!!

Someone is telling porkies....who do you trust more ???

i think gj is slowly bedding him in to life in the championship getting him used to tactics training methods etc... and then he himself has to get used and settled in Bristol its a completely different life style for him and he has to settle in with the players, coaches and manager so don't expect to see the real styvar untill next season

it's quite simple. right now, I'd rather have John or Trundle in the squad as they would be more effective, Styvar needs time to settle into the country and is not going to really come into his best form until next season with a pre-season behind him, at that point whether John or Trundle will even be here is another story

Then look at the accounts when they are released...!!

Someone is telling porkies....who do you trust more ???

I'm sure the amount will come out eventually.

However it's not a case of who too trust more, it's just a case of one club giving a precise figure and the other being very vague, it's just common sense regardless of who is saying what, you go with the PRECISE figure.

something that no one esle has mentioned is that quite possibly Johnson has played down his transfer fee without actually saying anything solid, in order to less the expectation levels of the player from fans, Players such as Trundle and Maynard have been judged solely on their transfer fee and not what they may or may not have done on the field and has no doubt had an effect in terms of fans views of the player.

personaly i think that peter styver should have more of a chance because he is big and quick and i think he needs a couple of 90 min games and he would fit right in and be good.

because he gets the last 20 min jobs and how are you going to setlle being in a new league diffrent contry in 20 min a game.

any 1 agree??

He's got a left or right foot, a hell of a shot, he's slipped players in on a couple of occasions with accurate passes, he is big and strong and not been given a chance. This has manifested as over aggression on occasions through sheer fustration. With a few 90 minute games behind him subsequent confidence would be be brought out and I'm sure a rapour with Maynard would be established and a strike force worthy of BCFC.

Archived