IGNORED

Bcfc.co.uk

leepeacock's50phead

Whats with the RSS bot that creates new posts when the official site has a new news story?

I was under the impression that the forum split from the club a few years ago

And yet it seems that last year bcfc.co.uk became a member and now we have posts making a story of the number of days Louis Carey will not play for in his 2 match ban and giving Gary Johnsons 'unique insight' which tells us that he uses Prozone and thinks the fans are important - nothing new there.

Is this a new partnership with the club? or at four posts a day, is this just a spammer that gets ingored?

I understand the club has to make up various inconsequential stories to warrant its existence but this forum belongs to the fans doesn't it?

I think yea it just links news from the OS direct to the forum, yes I think the forum did come under clubs wing initially, but the OS news is still relevant.

I know what you mean though, any decent breaking news and the bcfc.co.uk bot will sure as hell beat you to the punch posting it!

Mods are pretty good at merging the double threads that sometimes come up due to this.

• Admin
I agree that OS news is relevant but are there really people who come on here yet don't vist the official site?

You also make a good point in that while you may of had a slight delay and 'breaking news' (otherwise known as important stuff) would get on here pretty sharpish anyway.

I only visit the O/S when I know a new story has been posted thanks to the RSS bot starting a new thread on here.

And to watch World Videos the day before and after a match.

:devil:

I agree that OS news is relevant but are there really people who come on here yet don't vist the official site?

You also make a good point in that while you may of had a slight delay and 'breaking news' (otherwise known as important stuff) would get on here pretty sharpish anyway.

Yeah i do not visit the official site unless I see the feed either not even sure why lazy I guess. Plus its all red in the background and I am mainly on here in the day when in work, the grey skin is great by the way.

Lets just be clear on the matter, the club didn't ask or insist for the RSS stories to be imported. I set it up because I thought generally it would be of use to people who don't check the site. We do merge stories when the news feed is pulled in after someone has already posted. If any of the fanzine/independant sites have RSS feeds then I'd set those up too, just like the BBC Sports feed thats imported into the general football chat too.

Archived