IGNORED

Bristol City World

worthy

due to some problems with my windows media player the only way i could watch videos and interviews was to download them first then watch.

but it seems that the download button has vanished in the past week! which means I'm paying for City world without beign able to use it.

is anyone else having the same problem or know how it can be retrieved?

due to some problems with my windows media player the only way i could watch videos and interviews was to download them first then watch.

but it seems that the download button has vanished in the past week! which means I'm paying for City world without beign able to use it.

Used it as well.

For me it works when you push the play botton but it take minutes.

Close down the window while waiting.

Same problem here mate, for some reason the videos freeze very often when viewing at home so always download them then watch through media player, now that option is gone i can only view them at work which isnt ideal.

It went once before, but returned it is handy to be able to download as watching back is better that way

I seem to be having a problem with world at the moment too... I get full audio but a black screen. Has anyone else had this problem?

Ta

Yeah, I've had this problem for the last year or so, despite upgrading the Flash player, the Windows Media Player and changing browsers. Unable to watch the videos at all, as internet access is blocked in my work place. Enjoy the service World provides, but I'll be unsubscribing soon unless I can get an answer to this or the 'Download' button returns.

Ok. After spending all f*cking evening trying to fix this, I appear to have had some luck and would like to share my success. Here are the steps I undertook:

1. In Windows Media Player > Tools > Performance, I reduced the Video Acceleration to halfway, and then to 0

2. Downloaded latest video card drivers

3. WMP > Tools > Performance > Video Acceleration (Performance) I experimented with all the settings, especially 'Use Video Overlay' and 'Turn on Direct X Acceleration'

Now, after much restarting and refreshing of the page, I can generally (but not always) see the videos (although I can't go full-screen anymore)

i mailed them a few days ago, asking if the download button was going to re-appear ..... this is there reply

:

Hi Steve Thanks for contacting us, Improving Stream Quality. The quality of the stream largely depends on the connection speed you receive from your Internet Service Provider. We provide the stream at two speeds (300kbps and 650kbps). Please choose the options that matches your connection. You will need a connection speed of never less than 400kbps to view the slowest stream properly. You must ensure that your Windows Media Player is the very latest version supported by your operating system (WMP 11 is the latest) and that it is set correctly. Open Windows Media Player and choose the Tools menu or click the arrow in the top right corner to see this option. Select Options. Choose Performance tab. Ensure that "detect connection speed" is set. Ensure "use default buffering" is set. Click Advanced and reduce the video acceleration. Click OK. Limitations of Broadband.Please remember that broadband connections are shared by location. This is known as the Contention Ratio. If many people in your area have the same Internet Service Provider then you will be sharing the connection with them. For this reason it may be better to view clips at a lower quality (speed) than normal to reduce the buffering breaks. Although ISPs advertise various speeds for their broadband service, these are maximum speeds and are not always achieved. The routing chosen by your ISP to reach our servers can also have an effect on the stream. The more hubs that the stream passes though, the more likely is there to be a degradation of the video displayed. It may improve the situation if you disconnect from the internet completely then re-connect to get a different routing. You can test your current speed here http://www.speedtest.net/ To save bandwidth, turn off any other browser windows that are open and close other applications that use the internet. Close as many other applications as possible to save RAM. Please also note a number of ISPs use "Network Throttling" when they detect streaming video: http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs Many Thanks Web Support :

but they didn't answer if download was going to re appear ...

however some ipswich fans still have the download option on ipswich world ......

so i guess its wait and see

:tumbleweed:

Archived