IGNORED

Academy Lads

JackBCFC

does anybody else think that if our play off hopes are well and truly and we only have about two games left in the season and we are certain to have a top 10 finish should we give some of the youngsters a run in the side? like marlon jackson james wilson frankie artus and any others you can think of, for example marlon jackson at the moment is just scoring for fun to be honest james wilson looks to be a very strong lad in the back line and frankie artus is a strong tackling midfielder

any more thoughts on this?

There's no reason that some can't play in the next game as far as I am concerend, the play offs are out of reach now, maybe not mathematically but realistically they've gone.

We should be resting players like Basso, Adebola, Mcindoe, Carey, Johnson who have played most games and give some of the others in the squad some real games with nothing on it.

There's no reason that some can't play in the next game as far as I am concerend, the play offs are out of reach now, maybe not mathematically but realistically they've gone.

We should be resting players like Basso, Adebola, Mcindoe, Carey, Johnson who have played most games and give some of the others in the squad some real games with nothing on it.

this is insane!

The academy players should get there chance of course, but whats the point in resting our best players .........What are they resting for???They'l have the whole summer to rest !

ok we might not acheive 6th place but we should give it the best shot we can even to get 7th but basically to finish as high as we can.

There is 18 pts to play for this season is not over.

I wouldnt mind betting that a few QPR fans are starting to believe they could sneak it now! We have two more points than them.

Artus needs a shot at right wing I reckon. We're obviously going to be shopping for a new one in the summer, so why not see if we already have someone who can do the job? Same possibly for Marlon Jackson up front.

Because Artus is a left footer centre midfield player and Marlon Jackson is a striker...

Almost certain I've heard that Artus can play right across the midfield. And up front = striker ;).

Frankie Artus isn't good enough to play in the championship for Bristol City, he may turn out to be a decent league 1 or 2 player but not at championship level for us.

I've seen him play a number of times for the reserves throughout the course of the season and in my oppinion doesn't cut the mustard.

I don't think we should be giving marlon jackson a run up front when we have steyvar fit and looking for opportunities himself after we paid a fee for him.

Looks like J.Wilson is certainly around the squad now so wouldnt be surprised to see him get a game especially as our playoff chances get slimmer and slimmer. don't know if hes fit again yet but it appears Riberio was also close before so hopefully he can feature a little soon.

Personally i havent seen enough of artus to comment

I don't think we should be giving marlon jackson a run up front when we have steyvar fit and looking for opportunities himself after we paid a fee for him.

Looks like J.Wilson is certainly around the squad now so wouldnt be surprised to see him get a game especially as our playoff chances get slimmer and slimmer. don't know if hes fit again yet but it appears Riberio was also close before so hopefully he can feature a little soon.

Personally i havent seen enough of artus to comment

I'd sooner have him in the team against Preston than Boom Boom who I thought had a shocker at QPR - as good in the air as he might be he looks very lower league when ball at his feet as it was much of yesterday.

I'd sooner have him in the team against Preston than Boom Boom who I thought had a shocker at QPR - as good in the air as he might be he looks very lower league when ball at his feet as it was much of yesterday.

I agree with that Boom is out of his depth when we play against a team that keep it on the floor

I agree with that Boom is out of his depth when we play against a team that keep it on the floor

I don't think he's as bad as everyone makes out. The problem is he's compared to LC and LF. Carey probably has the best ball control out of any centre back in the league, and Fontaine's is improving every game.

Ok, JM isn't great but I think every few passes gone astray is fine when you see what an ariel winner he is.

does anybody else think that if our play off hopes are well and truly and we only have about two games left in the season and we are certain to have a top 10 finish should we give some of the youngsters a run in the side? like marlon jackson james wilson frankie artus and any others you can think of, for example marlon jackson at the moment is just scoring for fun to be honest james wilson looks to be a very strong lad in the back line and frankie artus is a strong tackling midfielder

any more thoughts on this?

I don't know why we waited this long, the have beens should go to back of pecking order now and some not re-signed for next season. You cant build a team on these 30 plus year olds they had their chance last season!

id like to see the australian striker have a go (cant spell his name) lots of people in oz seem to think he will be the next big thing so give him a go

Yes,indeed . It would seem an excellent time to give him a run in the senior team.

As can be seen from the extract below, the local Macedonian community would like him to appear for the Macedonian National Side. (Personally I would far prefer him to appear in the green-and-gold ).

Six months ago MacedonianFootball.com wrote about Robert Stambolziev, the great talent at Bristol City FC who has big wish to play for Macedonia, but the Football Federation of Macedonia didn't take any action and now he's called up by Australia.

The Bristol City youngster born in Australia but with Macedonian origin, has been invited to join an 18-man squad in Canberra, Australia on a training camp organized by the Australian U20 national team. The forward now gets a chance to make an impression ahead of this October's Asian Football Federation Championships.

By this, Macedonia is about to lose another talent just because of the ignorant behavior by the Football Federation of Macedonia. But still it is not too late for the FFM to correct the mistake and give Robert Stambolziev a call for the Macedonian squad until he turns 21 or until he plays an official match for the Australian senior national team.

Archived