IGNORED

Chris Weale

Donkeeebles

Went to Yeovil yesterday (was a prize i won) to watch them play MK Dons.

Made it more interesting the fact that Weale was in goal. He was probably Yeovils best player. Made some excellent saves in the first half. The Yeovil fans love him and were chanting sign him on.

Does anyone think this will happen in the summer???? How long is he going to be prepared to be our number 2. IMO he is an excellent keeper and could probably get in most CCC teams. He is just very unfortunate that in Basso we have possibly the best keeper in the CCC.

Just thought i would also mention that Yeovil were very poor and MK Dons were only marginally better. For a team that are 2nd in that division and score plenty of goals they were surprisingly uncreative. If they do get promoted they would have to play a hell of a lot better than that if they want to stay up in the CCC.

The whole day for me just had a more amaturish feel about it. It was a world away from some of the grounds we have visited this season. Made me realise just how vital it is that we maintain our position in the CCC. Going back down to this division and playing in front crowds of 3500/4000 is not where we want to be!!!!!!!!!

Made it more interesting the fact that Weale was in goal. He was probably Yeovils best player. Made some excellent saves in the first half. The Yeovil fans love him and were chanting sign him on.

Does anyone think this will happen in the summer???? How long is he going to be prepared to be our number 2. IMO he is an excellent keeper and could probably get in most CCC teams. He is just very unfortunate that in Basso we have possibly the best keeper in the CCC.

Just thought i would also mention that Yeovil were very poor and MK Dons were only marginally better. For a team that are 2nd in that division and score plenty of goals they were surprisingly uncreative. If they do get promoted they would have to play a hell of a lot better than that if they want to stay up in the CCC.

I think we will see Wealey leaving in the summer following the story that the Evil Post ran yesterday on Henderson. has been unlucky with the form and improvment of Basso over the last few years.

He is 27 years old and something needs to happen. A season long loan to Yeovil?

What about the MK Dons keeper? He saved a penalty I believe ; )

He is 27 years old and something needs to happen. A season long loan to Yeovil?

What about the MK Dons keeper? He saved a penalty I believe ; )

He was probably the most entertaining thing about the match. Some of his kicking in the first half was comical. Kicks were going everywhere but luckily for MK they always seemed to fall to 1 of their players. He did however pull of a couple of great saves. The Yeovil fans behind me were moaning about the penalty taker saying he rushed it but IMO it it was a good save rather than a poor miss!

Some good points have been made on this thread already but for me next season Basso needs to be pushed all the way. He's not getting any younger and it could well be that next season we see our number one and two keepers switch. Sadly Basso seems to be an "untouchable" as was demonstrated earlier in the season when Weale was axed after a handful of games. It is also true that Henderson could develop into a top class keeper as from the limited amount of viewing time I've had on him he is a fully rounded performer without any stand out flaws.

For me Weale should stay at Yeovil to the end of the season and then be challenging week in week out with Basso. Not rotting on the bench.

As we've got 3 superb goalies currently on the books.... wouldnt it make sense to get em all on good contracts? & extend Weales(if he's up for it)...

Clubs are always looking for talent between the sticks and if we've got a 'spare' one at the right time maybe it could swing us a deal for a player we want to sign from one of 'em... - if a club was desperate for a keeper perhaps they would be more willing to listen to offers from us of for an outfielder that normally they wouldnt consider selling.

Could be a good bargaining tool in the transfer market... & a good asset for us the rest of the time.. you never know with injuries/suspensions etc -sometimes theyre like buses & two come along at once.... to be stranded without a solid keeper at a crucial time could be very costly... I say keep all 3 if possible... its a great position to be in. Nothing stopping us loaning one out (as a favour) now & again -like Weale at the mo... one day we might be wanting a favour in return!!

Serious competition for the No1 jersey (with all of 'em getting a chance & being involved from time to time) must be the best scenario for us - if we can accomodate & keep all 3 happy..

Archived