IGNORED

Wtf

Glastonbury Red

From the main site

Danny Wilson today looked forward to the big game against Blackpool at Ashton Gate and insisted: "We've absolutely nothing to lose"

Will someone please tell this bloke that Saturday is the very last game of the season, and yes, we could lose the chance to get promoted automaticly!!

From the main site

Danny Wilson today looked forward to the big game against Blackpool at Ashton Gate and insisted: "We've absolutely nothing to lose"

Will someone please tell this bloke that Saturday is the very last game of the season, and yes, we could lose the chance to get promoted automaticly!!

Reading the whole article, I can actually see what he is trying to say/do. But, as has so often been the case this season, he hasn't got it right and it's come out badly.

I'm sure the idea is to turn the screw on QPR and lift the pressure off his own team. It loses something in Danny's own inimitable translation, but I believe that is the sentiment.

I knew it would have to be something else to moan about as we won on Sunday, Danny is right, we do have nothing to lose, we can only concentrate on beating Blackpool, because whatever goes on up at Hillsborough is beyond our control.

The pressure is on QPR, we just need to beat a team with nothing to play for and whose players are unhappy with a proposed wage cut, whilst QPR have to win away (something they have only managed 5 times so far) against a team who have had a really poor season but are playing in front of the best supporters in the Division.

Will someone please tell this bloke that Saturday is the very last game of the season
My guess would be he already knows that!

Seriously though, I can see what he is saying and agree with the psychology of saying we have nothing to lose but QPR do. Of course I would rather we were in their position :P but we're not and Sat is a massive game for us - we have home advantage and with a packed AG that counts for a lot. Whatever the QPR result our players will want to go out with a win.

Anyway, whatever Danny had said in his interview, someone would have found fault with it and criticised him for it ;) So what's new :sub:

Archived