IGNORED

Players Ratings

red army

Liam fontaine has been my player of the season. If you look a his left back performances he has made a couple of mistakes but at Central Defence he has been brilliant and should be one of the first players on the team sheet.

Considering the amount of games Elliot has played you rating him as player of the season is strange. He was just coming back to the level of his performance of last season before he got injured. I would have him at 6 this season at best.

knowone comes near Fontaine and Carey for me for player of the season.

Basso at 8 (nearer a 7) cost us in a few games now.

This just shows how opinions differ largely at times. From the original posters thoughts, two things stick out to me massively.

1) I really cant understand how Elliot has been rated so highly for this season (I sometimes think he lives off the back of previous performance) , for much of the start of the season he was very much under performing for his standard and even before his injury he was not hitting the heights of last season. Very good player, but certainly hasnt been on form in the main this season. 2) Liam Fontaine, I think has been suberb this season and especially of late has shown he could most certainly cut it in the Premier League, his maturity for the game has advanced massively and his decisions as to when to come to the ball and get in front of the attacker has of late been spot on. This is where he used to get caught, he'd make the wrong decision or his timing would be wrong even on the correct decisions, he'd hesitate at times and then be exposed, but he has got that right this season and now clears up a potential threat by getting to the ball first in dangerous situations. He has been commanding and assured at the back and I think we may find him moving on when Prem clubs start to pick up on his performances, possibly the Jan transfer window next season.

Archived