IGNORED

Six Games Left

Nogbad the Bad

This is how I realistically see the run-in:

Preston (H) Win 2-0. Don't expect too much trouble with this one.

N.Forest (A) Draw 1-1 Tough place to go, Forest fighting for their lives, can't see City winning but should have enough to take a point.

Ipswich (H) Lose 1-2 Hard to see City winning all the last 3 home games with our home record, close game with Ipswich taking the points late on.

Swansea (A) Draw 0-0 A battling performance from City cancels Swansea out but we lack the cutting edge to nick it.

S. Weds (H) Win 1-0 Last home game, a slender win to end the season at AG on a high note.

Burnley (A) Lose 1-3 City's play off hopes are already gone, Burnley to win fairly comfortably.

8 points from the last 18 then, giving us a final total of 66 and a solid top 10 finish.

N.Forest (A) Draw 1-1 Tough place to go, Forest fighting for their lives, can't see City winning but should have enough to take a point.

Ipswich (H) Lose 1-2 Hard to see City winning all the last 3 home games with our home record, close game with Ipswich taking the points late on.

Swansea (A) Draw 0-0 A battling performance from City cancels Swansea out but we lack the cutting edge to nick it.

S. Weds (H) Win 1-0 Last home game, a slender win to end the season at AG on a high note.

Burnley (A) Lose 1-3 City's play off hopes are already gone, Burnley to win fairly comfortably.

8 points from the last 18 then, giving us a final total of 66 and a solid top 10 finish.

Hmmm....a pretty fair analysis there, and you could well be right.

BUT

It isn't too difficult to see the Forest and Ipswich games going differently....Forest are awful at the moment, and it really depends which Ipswich team turn up. If we were to win both those games then we would still have something to play for going into the Burnley game....so who knows? (Heart firmly ruling head of course!)

PNE 1-0

Forest 1-1

Ipswich 0-0

Swansea 0-0

Weds 1-0

Burnley 1-1

10 points for me. Nothing much to fear from who we're playing, all apart from Wednesday should have something to play for.

Not enough to get us in the play offs, afraid it's the lack of goals (as last year!) that will cost us in the long run.

But, like you say Nog, solid top 10 finish - and I'd have settled for that in August, and certainly would've settled for it at Christmas. Just need to see the squad improved in the summer, deadwood out, 3 or 4 quality signings in. Think we will be looked at as an establised Championship club after this season, I'm happy with that. Looking forward to giving it a real crack over the next 2 seasons - onwards and upwards!

Hmmm....a pretty fair analysis there, and you could well be right.

BUT

It isn't too difficult to see the Forest and Ipswich games going differently....Forest are awful at the moment, and it really depends which Ipswich team turn up. If we were to win both those games then we would still have something to play for going into the Burnley game....so who knows? (Heart firmly ruling head of course!)

You're absolutely right of course ooRya, all those games might, and probably will end up differently - we could even lose at home to Preston. :noexpression:

It's not that hard to see us losing at Swansea either.

As for Forest away, like the other games it's mostly about gut feeling and I never like the look of that fixture.

I almost feel overly optimistic putting us down for a point.

With my optimistic head on,

Preston - Win

Forest - Win

Ipswich - Win or Draw

Swansea - Draw or Lose

Sheff Wed - Win

Burnley - ?

Although we have lacked form and the QPR result was very disappointing I genuinely think we could, very conceivably, win at least 4 of the last 6 which could quite possibly leave us going to Burnely with everything to play for.

Preston - Win

Forest - Win

Ipswich - Win or Draw

Swansea - Draw or Lose

Sheff Wed - Win

Burnley - ?

Although we have lacked form and the QPR result was very disappointing I genuinely think we could, very conceivably, win at least 4 of the last 6 which could quite possibly leave us going to Burnely with everything to play for.

I'd have written the same, except I think we'll more likely lose to Swansea and beat Ipswich.

Seems a fair assessment to me. I had a bet with a couple of workmates at the beginning of the season and said we would finish 10th so could be collecting. That said i am an eternal optimist and there is always one side that gets in the play offs with a late run, so fingers and everything crossed that its us. As already pointed out its goals, or a distinct lack of them that has cost us a couple of places higher, whatever happened to that goal scoring midfielder or 2 that we all hoped for? Lets hope he turns up in the summer!

Seems a fair assessment to me. I had a bet with a couple of workmates at the beginning of the season and said we would finish 10th so could be collecting. That said i am an eternal optimist and there is always one side that gets in the play offs with a late run, so fingers and everything crossed that its us. As already pointed out its goals, or a distinct lack of them that has cost us a couple of places higher, whatever happened to that goal scoring midfielder or 2 that we all hoped for? Lets hope he turns up in the summer!

If only he'd turn up a bit faster... like next weekend!

Saw Ipswich at Reading a week or two ago. They were excellent and their Tottenham loanee Dos Santos (Giovani), was MOM by a mile. Can see us getting turned over.

We can beat all these teams on our day, with a little luck we can nab 6th spot on the last game of the season, I'm still confident of a play off spot.

Play off spot, eh? Interesting. How do you see each game going then? :dunno:

Play off spot, eh? Interesting. How do you see each game going then? :dunno:

Well I did the BBC predictor thingy again through my rose tinted glasses and we finish 3rd on 76pts. :winner_third_h4h:

Preston - Win 3-0

Forest - Win 1-0

Ipswich - Win 2-1

Swansea - Win 1-0

Sheff Wed - Win 1-0

Burnley - Win 3-0

Cardiff finished 7th and Wolves and Brum go up auto. :fingerscrossed:

We'll play Sheff in the Semi's

First leg we win 2-1, 2nd leg we draw 1-1

and Reading in teh Final. We beat them 4-0 and make our way into the Premier League! WOOT! C'mon City!!

Man U first game of the Prem at AG and we win 2-0!!! YEY!

Well I did the BBC predictor thingy again through my rose tinted glasses and we finish 3rd on 76pts. :winner_third_h4h:

Preston - Win 3-0

Forest - Win 1-0

Ipswich - Win 2-1

Swansea - Win 1-0

Sheff Wed - Win 1-0

Burnley - Win 3-0

and Reading in teh Final. We beat them 4-0 and make our way into the Premier League! WOOT! C'mon City!!

How old are you? 11! :D

Play-offs are gone for us, like I posted else where we need to win 4 of the last 6 and can only afford to lose 1 game IMO and we just ain't good enough at the moment to do that, especially when you think we have to travel to Swansea,Forest and Burnley.

Not to mention our wretched home form.

Play-offs are gone for us, like I posted else where we need to win 4 of the last 6 and can only afford to lose 1 game IMO and we just ain't good enough at the moment to do that, especially when you think we have to travel to Swansea,Forest and Burnley.

Whilst I agree that winning all the games is unlikely and the play offs may be beyond us, our home form is very good and we're only bettered by one team in the last 5 home games.

We're also unbeaten at home in the league in 2009.

Whilst I agree that winning all the games is unlikely and the play offs may be beyond us, our home form is very good and we're only bettered by one team in the last 5 home games.

We're also unbeaten at home in the league in 2009.

7 wins from 20 (31 points from 60 available) isn't good enough if you want to be in the play offs. Too many draws(10)

Fair to say that isn't good home form Edson?

I can appreciate my optimism could be misunderstood and childish wishfullness, but the fact is we can still do it.

It's only 6 games, there is no reason why we can't hammer each team and book our play off place, sure we need some luck with other teams around us dropping points, but that's out of our control. We really need an explosive finish to the season and I would imagine or hope the players and gaffer are up for the fight, what have they to lose now? Lets beat the living crap out of the poor teams left to face us and make history!

Preston - Win 3-0

Forest - Win 1-0

Ipswich - Win 2-1

Swansea - Win 1-0

Sheff Wed - Win 1-0

Burnley - Win 3-0

I dunno what you have been on, but I'll have 2 of them!!! There is NO chance of us winning our last 6 games.... in fact, I'm struggling to see us even winning 3 of them on our current form.

I would like to think we can grab wins against Preston and Sheffield Weds and MAYBE Forest. But Burnley, Ipswich and Swansea I will have us down for a defeat on at least 1 of them and a draw against the other 2 would be a result as far as I'm concerned. But still not enough for play offs I fear.

I can appreciate my optimism could be misunderstood and childish wishfullness, but the fact is we can still do it.

It's only 6 games, there is no reason why we can't hammer each team and book our play off place, sure we need some luck with other teams around us dropping points, but that's out of our control. We really need an explosive finish to the season and I would imagine or hope the players and gaffer are up for the fight, what have they to lose now? Lets beat the living crap out of the poor teams left to face us and make history!

I hope your right, fingers crossed eh!

7 wins from 20 (31 points from 60 available) isn't good enough if you want to be in the play offs. Too many draws(10)

Fair to say that isn't good home form Edson?

Over the season, no it isn't.

However, since the turn of the year, it's 15 points from 21 (2.14 points per game), which is a good return.

Form is generally taken over a recent run of games rather than the season as a whole during the season.

I dunno what you have been on, but I'll have 2 of them!!! There is NO chance of us winning our last 6 games.... in fact, I'm struggling to see us even winning 3 of them on our current form.

I would like to think we can grab wins against Preston and Sheffield Weds and MAYBE Forest. But Burnley, Ipswich and Swansea I will have us down for a defeat on at least 1 of them and a draw against the other 2 would be a result as far as I'm concerned. But still not enough for play offs I fear.

2 Coffee's, 2 cheese sarnies, and 2 rollys for elfmud comming up!

I hope your right, fingers crossed eh!

I'm always right ^_^

We can beat all these teams on our day, with a little luck we can nab 6th spot on the last game of the season, I'm still confident of a play off spot.

I`ll go with the half empty glass and say we can also lose them all on our "off" days and be content to be still playing championship footie next season. :noexpression:

Biggin up every game and analysing results and perms puts the pressure on pointlessly; one game at a time is all we can do. :dunno:

I'm afraid, in my opinion, our season ended at 4.50pm last Saturday at Loftus Road. That's what I felt when leaving the ground and I'm still convinced of this. For what it's worth I think we'll only win two more matches this season: Preston and Sheff Wed at home, with draws at home to Ipswich, away to Forest and defeats at Swansea and Burnley. Sorry for the pessimism but I also think the draw at home to Blackpool was a watershed moment for us this season, as was conceding with 3 mins to go to Cardiff.

Of course I hope I'm completely wrong and we win 6 out of 6!!!

I'd be happy with that....it would give us confidence knowing that if we get our home form back in the 3rd season, we can really mount a serious challenge for auto

Preston - Win

Forest - Win

Ipswich - Win or Draw

Swansea - Draw or Lose

Sheff Wed - Win

Burnley - ?

PREZERS - DRAW [NO LOUIS]

FOREST - WIN [FIRST TIME IN A GENERATION, DAVIES ON THE BRINK]

TRACTORS - WIN

SWANS - DRAW

SHEFF W - WIN

BURN - LAST MINUTE INJURY TIME GOAL SEALS IT......

for the city... yeahhhhhhhhhhh. get in.

we will still have to rely on other results going against burnley to get into the playoff though... for me they are the only team we can catch now unless cardiff implode as they show a few signs of doing.

You have to be positive, CITY are well capable of winning all 6 and losing all 6.

We should get right behind the boys they have done well in all honesty, we do need more quality on board if prem is to be the next step, but all in all we are doing ok.

I think we will win all the home games,

win at forest,

draw at swansea,

Burnely Draw,

We could make the pray offs and remember all the teams around us have to play each other so they cant all achieve maximum pionts, its a tall order granted but CITY could do it. :fingerscrossed:

How can you predict this division. What do you think it is the premier league? ;)

RN. AB.

The thought of us going up this year worries me - we just aint ready yet - including GJ - who is doing a fantastic job. I f we can match the top teams next year convincingly then great but this season the gulf in class was there to see.

You have to be positive, CITY are well capable of winning all 6 and losing all 6.

We should get right behind the boys they have done well in all honesty, we do need more quality on board if prem is to be the next step, but all in all we are doing ok.

win at forest,

draw at swansea,

Burnely Draw,

We could make the pray offs and remember all the teams around us have to play each other so they cant all achieve maximum pionts, its a tall order granted but CITY could do it. :fingerscrossed:

A definate improvement on the last 6 games, (1 win) will certainly be required without doubt; then we can turn over Cardiff in the play off then Sheff Utd at Wembley :noexpression: the heart would love it but the head says maybe next time.

win at forest,

draw at swansea,

Burnely Draw,

Positivity, and keeping fingers crossed, will only get you so far and it's unlikely it will lead to a such an amazing turnaround in form that we win 4 of the last 6, remain unbeaten, and amass 14 of the last 18 points.

The only thing that makes it at all possible is that this is Bristol City we are talking about and we never have uneventful end of seasons' which peter out leaving games with nothing to play for.

So, as you say, City could just as well lose all 6 as win them all, but realistically something in between is most likely and just for once we'll probably be playing the last couple of games for pride only.

Archived