IGNORED

Youngsters

WarksRed

the ? is, do we not want him to stay, or does he not want us .....

although this site is omly moderately accurate with its information

http://www.tribalfootball.com/portsmouth-t...ilkinson-234830

:tumbleweed:

I was surprised City didn't offer him a deal because he has played a lot in the reserves this year and he's a big fella (6'3)

I believe City only gave pro deals to Stamboliev, Ashley Kington, Joe Edwards and Marlon Jackson.

Incidentally, when Luke was 12, Portsmouth were sniffing around then, so City tied him into a contract until he was 16.

I was surprised City didn't offer him a deal because he has played a lot in the reserves this year and he's a big fella (6'3)

I believe City only gave pro deals to Stamboliev, Ashley Kington, Joe Edwards and Marlon Jackson.

Incidentally, when Luke was 12, Portsmouth were sniffing around then, so City tied him into a contract until he was 16.

City have promoted a few defenders from the Academy recently - Wilkinson could be a good prospect but maybe just not as good as Walker, Ribiero and Wilson.

You can't just keep on upgrading Academy players from every year group in the same positions unless they're truly outstanding.

As for the 4 above, I didn't realise decisions for next season had been made, but am I right in thinking Stambolsiev and Jackson are strikers, Kington a midfielder and Edwards a defender? :dunno:

I was also very suprised Luke was not offered a pro contract at City he has always looked a decent Centre Back when i have seen him play lets hope he makes the most of his trial with Pompy

City have promoted a few defenders from the Academy recently - Wilkinson could be a good prospect but maybe just not as good as Walker, Ribiero and Wilson.

You can't just keep on upgrading Academy players from every year group in the same positions unless they're truly outstanding.

As for the 4 above, I didn't realise decisions for next season had been made, but am I right in thinking Stambolsiev and Jackson are strikers, Kington a midfielder and Edwards a defender? :dunno:

Stambolsiev is either a striker or plays wide on the left Jackson is a striker Kington CM and Edwards is very versatile can play either full back of centre mid

the ? is, do we not want him to stay, or does he not want us .....

although this site is omly moderately accurate with its information

http://www.tribalfootball.com/portsmouth-t...ilkinson-234830

:tumbleweed:

look's like it's true - found this on Pompey website - that's definately Wilkinson number 6.

Shouldn't we be keeping good young players like this??

And how come pompey fans get free highlights???

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/index.php?cm...article_id=2312

There are only a finite number of young defenders that we can offer contracts to, we already have Ribeiro, James Wilson and Jordan Walker on deals and have offered terms to young Edwards now, GJ and his staff look at these lads every day and have gone for the ones they think will make it.

I've seen Wilkinson a few times and he's always looked fine, and perhaps he's a bit of a victim of tough competiton in his position, had he been a left back perhaps he'd have had more of a chance.

Stambolziev seems like Myrie-Williams' replacement to me, though of course playing Championship football is a huge step up from being an occasional reserve team player.

Well I suppose this is only an issue if he makes it to a high standard.

Some you win and some you lose - Ive not been overley impressed with the standard of players that have come through the acadamey i have to admit, we always here about these promising youngsters and it nearly always ends up with them out of loan to Hereford or cheltenham and thats it. Tristian Plummer was supposed to be the best up and coming youngster for ages and now he cant even get a contract if things are to be believed.

Some you win and some you lose - Ive not been overley impressed with the standard of players that have come through the acadamey i have to admit, we always here about these promising youngsters and it nearly always ends up with them out of loan to Hereford or cheltenham and thats it. Tristian Plummer was supposed to be the best up and coming youngster for ages and now he cant even get a contract if things are to be believed.

its amazing what a bit of hype and you tube can achieve was never goin to be good enough imo of the other hand after watching wilkinson on several occasions the raw talent is there good luck to him

Wilkinson isn't the only youngster to have been released that Portsmouth are looking at they're also interested in George Boon who is a left winger/ wing back.

Really? - George is very quick, and whilst he has played left back for a few seasons, he's a natural winger.

That's good news and I hope he gets sorted because he's another top lad from a good background.

Archived