IGNORED

Help Needed Please

Scrumpymeup

I am being made redundant in a few months and was looking into creating a website to sell some jewellery I have purchased previously. I have seen in the Shopping section there are 2 links to websites where they guide you through etc but just wondering does anyone have experience of building a site and what I would need to do to get it set up with an online shop where I could use paypal etc to deal with that side of it.

I am ok around a pc but looking through and registering domains etc wasn't sure the best way to go about starting my site off. Not sure also with the tax implications with this, something else I have to look into but at the moment just looking at all options I can in case I can't find employment.

Any advice would be appreciated, my level of jewellery selling at the moment is with the wife at a car boot sale so this would be a step up!

Cheers

Martin.

I'd sell on eBay.

Good shout, If you just have a few things to flog then ebay would be best, but even established companys use ebay to manage their ebusiness side of things.

But If you have bigger aspirations and what to make a full go of this as a long term business, your own website may be the way to go, but be prepared to invest the money to have it setup and maintained, unless you are proficient with all the software and code you need to run it.

Good shout, If you just have a few things to flog then ebay would be best, but even established companys use ebay to manage their ebusiness side of things.

But If you have bigger aspirations and what to make a full go of this as a long term business, your own website may be the way to go, but be prepared to invest the money to have it setup and maintained, unless you are proficient with all the software and code you need to run it.

Thanks for all your help, I am looking at setting up an e-bay store now so if anyone has experience of that then that would be most useful.

Had prices etc for setting up a shop and they are too much for setting up something small first as a trial so e-bay seems the way forward.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Archived