IGNORED

Dele Adebola

Riaz

Great post I agree with you without Adeola we are very poor up front I really don't know how poster can think of letting him go unless we get that sort of player but younger but such a player would cost millions.

akinde cost us 190k. would like to see him play the last few games if play offs are out of reach. wouldnt be the end of the world if adebola did leave and we had akinde taking his place.

also, i think its why styvar has been bought in, to replace dele. has had a few months to settle now and could well be one of our front two from the off next season.

akinde cost us 190k. would like to see him play the last few games if play offs are out of reach. wouldnt be the end of the world if adebola did leave and we had akinde taking his place.

also, i think its why styvar has been bought in, to replace dele. has had a few months to settle now and could well be one of our front two from the off next season.

Did you watch Akinde p;lay for Wycombe on the Telly at the weekend.He has a lot to learn and is light years away from doing the job that Dele does for us.

Did you watch Akinde p;lay for Wycombe on the Telly at the weekend.He has a lot to learn and is light years away from doing the job that Dele does for us.

Other than obvious physical characteristics I don't see many similarties between the 2. Dele is great at playing back to goal. With Akinde's pace you would want him facing goal running with or onto the ball.

Whilst to date he's showed next to nothing, I think Styvar was bought as the successor to Dele - lets help he improves rapidly.

As good as he has been this season he is getting on a bit, and there are younger strikers out there who can hold up the ball and score more goals than Dele does.

Hes been a very good player for us but if we are willing on spending a bit and get a better player who can score 15 plus goals a season then I wouldnt be too bothered if he went in the summer. Id be happy with Maynard, Akinde, Styver and a new signing next season.

Its all agent tittle tattle, and we all know not to believe people on here with 'sources'.

Why would Johnson sell a settled (and happy) first team player and then have the burden of having to find 3 strikers in the off season.

Who said he's going to sell anyone? Dele's contract expires end of the season and he could walk away for nowt.

So Lansdown would let the contract wind down to 0 if he wanted to keep him (or sell him)?

That would be very bad business, wouldnt it?

Well thats what the situation is. Gary Johnson said he'd offered him a new contract at around xmas time and he has'nt signed it.

Its normal practice to give 1 year contracts (or in this case 18 month) to players at the end part of their careers.

Other than obvious physical characteristics I don't see many similarties between the 2. Dele is great at playing back to goal. With Akinde's pace you would want him facing goal running with or onto the ball.

Whilst to date he's showed next to nothing, I think Styvar was bought as the successor to Dele - lets help he improves rapidly.

I thought Akinde looked good with his back to goal the other day, held it up nicely and made a few good lay offs, I'm not sure its a bad thing if Dele leaves, at the end of the day we have not exactly been prolific whilst hes been here have we. I would be more than happy with nothing to play for watching Maynard ad Akinde starting together, they are the future and have to be given some game time.

Has it been confirmed by anyone that he hasn't signed?

There's been no confirmation that he has....

Of course the club have recently been keeping quiet about contracts, but this is different - GJ said he'd been offered one, so you would expect a announcement if & when he signs.

There's been no confirmation that he has....

Of course the club have recently been keeping quiet about contracts, but this is different - GJ said he'd been offered one, so you would expect a announcement if & when he signs.

GJ is usually quite private concerning contracts and the like. Would be nice to hear either way, as someone else said on here earlier that you thought there might have been another Orr situ where he is no longer playing untill he signs.

GJ is usually quite private concerning contracts and the like. Would be nice to hear either way, as someone else said on here earlier that you thought there might have been another Orr situ where he is no longer playing untill he signs.

I think if Dele goes he will be regarded as one of GJ's biggest successes in the transfer market - certainly as a striker.

I think if Dele goes he will be regarded as one of GJ's biggest successes in the transfer market - certainly as a striker.

Very true, he has done a tremendous job for us. Signing strikers does seem to be his achillies heel for one reason or another. I would like him to try a couple of youngsters on loan from some Prem teams next year, doesn't seem to be GJs way though, i appreciate why too, but....

The fact is that if a club come in and offer him a starting role he'll be off in a shot, and rightly so.

Styvar will surely line up alongside Maynard at the start of next season with the opportunity to forge a partnership. Personally I would not feel comfortable with Akinde any higher than 4th option at the start of next season and, whilst we all talk about Stern John as if his 'departure' is a forgone conclusion, there still remains the possibility that he could be made a permanent fixture.

I hope and think, as mentioned above, that Styvar and Maynard will be given the opportunity to forge a partnership from the off next year. The knock on affect of this is that Adebola will leave due to lack of first team opportunities and John will leave as his wage is too high to justify his role.

Hoping Trundle can find work elsewhere, we go into the summer needing a big 'target man' type variable and a 4th/5th choice option to battle with Akinde.

The fact is that if a club come in and offer him a starting role he'll be off in a shot, and rightly so.

Styvar will surely line up alongside Maynard at the start of next season with the opportunity to forge a partnership. Personally I would not feel comfortable with Akinde any higher than 4th option at the start of next season and, whilst we all talk about Stern John as if his 'departure' is a forgone conclusion, there still remains the possibility that he could be made a permanent fixture.

I hope and think, as mentioned above, that Styvar and Maynard will be given the opportunity to forge a partnership from the off next year. The knock on affect of this is that Adebola will leave due to lack of first team opportunities and John will leave as his wage is too high to justify his role.

Hoping Trundle can find work elsewhere, we go into the summer needing a big 'target man' type variable and a 4th/5th choice option to battle with Akinde.

I think (& hope) that Styvar will have to show quite a bit more than he has so far to get a chance in the first XI. Yes it takes some time to settle but really he should make some sort of impact this season and he hasn't looked like doing so yet.

I'd be very surprised if Stern John stays. He's old, expensive and we haven't got value for money out of him. Ditto Trundle if we can find someone willing to pay up part of his remaining year.

What we really need up front IMO is a Steve Brooker minus the injuries. An old fashioned centre forward who has strength but can turn, make room and hit a ball from outside the box.

Goodbye Dele and good luck.

Steve

Umm that wasn't a link to the OS announcing his departure.

QPR won't sign him anyways, they will have the money to compete with Premier League clubs for players. And why would he goto Sheffield?, that places reminds me of Auschwitz, it's a nasty dump. I would like to think Dele is at home in Bristol, no reason for him to move on, I would imagine the club will table an attractive contract and I would expect Dele signs it.

No disrespect to Dele....he's done fantistically well since he's been here. And, I must admit, far better than I thought he would.

But, I do believe that he is one of the players that City should be looking to move on if we are to step up a gear.

In all honesty I think he's the only striker we have who gives 100% all the time and produces. Without him i think we'll be in a far worse position

Archived