IGNORED

Untitled

cheshire_red

A rather arrogant article, ignored by the mainstream media? I've seen this issue raised on two networks in the last season. The figures of those watching in the uk are minimal, the quality for most of the streaming sites is shite and there's massive lag.

Internet watching will only become a threat when the majority of the country have fiber optic broadband, with speeds of at leadt 6mb to stream hi deff. Given BT are carrying out this work, I can't see this situation any time soon!

I know a few people who have hooked up their laptops to the TV and are quite content to watch the game streamed over the net. I've just ordered a Popcorn Hour A110 - which can stream and use BitTorrents without the need for a PC. As I see it, the days of me subscribing to Sky Sports and Movies are numbered.

Whilst clubs going bust is not what I would favour I would be delighted to see far less money going into the top of English football.

I would LOVE to see a wage cap which would remove the need for all this cash, although I accept it will never happen.

The greatest downside for me is Saturday online broadcasts as this is likely to affect attendances even more. That's why 3pm Sat kickoffs aren't televised on Sky etc

Archived