IGNORED

Alan Shearer Manager Of Newcastle

Old Dazzler

Just being reported AS confirmed manager at the Toon until end of season.

This could be like a car crash waiting to happen in slow motion - shades of Tinman?

This does not seem to be an early April Fool :innocent06:

i just saw this took it in then laughed.. APRIL FOOOOOOOL!

i just saw this took it in then laughed.. APRIL FOOOOOOOL!

Such a big story that they've not put it on their official website? An April Fool surely.

Edit: Although it is on some other websites e.g Sky Sports... so who knows? If it is true then I think Shearer is the fool!

I don't think it is an April Fool

Its what Newcastle need if they are to stay in the Premier League

Having myself had ties to the club I hope Mr A Shearer does a good job so he can maybe be their manager next year.

BREAKING NEWS: SHEARER CONFIRMED AS NEWCASTLE MANAGER - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ed-manager.html

I don't think it is an April Fool

Its what Newcastle need if they are to stay in the Premier League

Having myself had ties to the club I hope Mr A Shearer does a good job so he can maybe be their manager next year.

BREAKING NEWS: SHEARER CONFIRMED AS NEWCASTLE MANAGER - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ed-manager.html

So Newcastle need a manager who has no senior coaching experience or managerial experience to rescue them from relegation, no wonder the geordie fans are still waiting for some silverware, they go from one disaster to the next. Perhaps they should have had Tinman, he's a geordie.

While us City fans will look at this with Tinnion memories, it doesnt mean that a player (or in this case ex player) steppingup and taking on his first manager role wont work.

Tinnion didnt work out for us, but then look at Roberto Martinez at Swansea. Did the same thing that Tins did and it worked out great for him.

Its hit and miss - some managers it works for and others it doesnt.

As for Shearer, as long as its not an April Fool then there is only one way to find out how he will do...... and it starts at Chelsea on Saturday!

Guest RobbieTurner
I'm delighted he's gone there. Hate Newcastle so hopefully it will all go tits up, they'll go down and it might wipe the smug look off Shearer's face.

Ha Ha....Newcastle must hate you as well....!!!

The messiah is back....up the Toon !!!!!

If this was an April fool, not sanctioned by the man himself, I think Shearer would not be happy with his employers (the beeb). If he approved it the toon would fall out with him in a big way.

Having now looked at the atricle, its been up for over an hour and there is no detail in there whatsoever, which makes me suspicious. News sites posting April Fools jokes is not a great idea as their integrity in displaying honest jounalism (in the beebs case especially) is everything.

If this was an April fool, not sanctioned by the man himself, I think Shearer would not be happy with his employers (the beeb). If he approved it the toon would fall out with him in a big way.

Having now looked at the atricle, its been up for over an hour and there is no detail in there whatsoever, which makes me suspicious. News sites posting April Fools jokes is not a great idea as their integrity in displaying honest jounalism (in the beebs case especially) is everything.

I don't think this is an April Fool - I think having a little joke with fans is one thing but this is a little beyond a joke. Its too big a story for it to be an April Fool in my eyes.

It would be like City releasing a story saying Gary Johnson had been sacked or something - thats the sort of story that would be beyond a joke and a bit of fun.

It would be like City releasing a story saying Gary Johnson had been sacked or something - thats the sort of story that would be beyond a joke and a bit of fun.

True, but if its an April Fools then Newcastle probably know nothing either.

Discussion online at 9.27am - http://news.BBC.co.uk/player/sol/newsid_36...s=1&bbcws=1

Shocking attempt at an April fool. They've got footballers being interviewed saying "there are people coming on to radio stations being asked to say certain things about this appointment ....."

I'm guessing this is true. Two main reasons, 1) it's not actually remotely funny & 2) if it is a prank, one of the "victims" is Joe Kinnear. Don't get me wrong I am no big fan of "JFK" but playing pranks on people recovering from major heart surgery is probably ill advised for the nations broadcaster.

I thought it was genuine - albeit with a cynical 'would love it if it was an April Fool joke' view - but I note it's not on their official site yet, and the BBC drop this bombshell:

"And former QPR boss Iain Dowie will be part of his coaching staff. "

Surely not :laugh: Why does that bloke keep getting hired?

It's been Confirmed.......oops i didn't believe it one bit! :unsure:

Me neither.

Its an emotional appointment and I think it will go belly up (whoever is in charge to be honest).

For me they don't have enough games with mid-table to lower teams to give them a realistic chance.

Whilst I think it is a risk I also think alot of key factors are being over looked here.

First of all comparing him to Tinnion is not a fair comparrison at all. Tinnion was never a top flight footballer and never really built up any contacts. he never worked with the best coaches and managers. Also Tinnion was already at the club when he became manager which meant alot of his friends suddenly found him to be their boss. This can cause resentment and business relationships can break down, it is also alot easier to blame a friend for making a mistake than your boss which means they may not have respected him as a boss.

What Shearer has is the ability to walk in and raise spirits! When Tinnion took over I remember the majority of the fans getting really hyped up and getting ready for promotion etc etc Shearer is a god in Newcastle and his appointment has already sent the Newcastle fans into a frenzy of joy from what I've seen. in particular my one Geordie mate was pretty much dancing around the room.

You also have to take into consideration that Shearer has played against some of the worlds best players, played under some amazing managers and has been coached by some of the best coaches in the world. He's no doubt also made great contacts within the footballing world and still is very highly respected.

When Tinnion made phone calls about players I bet half of the managers he spoke to didnt take him seriously but if Shearer had called I bet they would have sat down and listened out of respect.

I think with the footballing experience he has he can get the most out of strikers with ease, I also think he knows the best techniques for midfielders to supply the attack. So straight off he has the attacking coaching side of football down. If he needs any tips with anything I bet he has a black book filled to the brim with numbers of people willing to help him out and if he looks to make any transfers I think that'll be easy enough for him as he'll get respect from other managers.

So all in all Shearer can bring:

* Great on field knowledge

* Good contacts

* Respect from other managers

* A fighting spirit to the fans

* Respect from the squad he takes over

* experience with some amazing coaches

I'm not saying he's going to be a saviour but he certainly isn't in the same situation as Tinnion. I think if anything Shearer has had talks with Newcastle before about potentially becoming Newcastle boss before now and so in turn has had plenty of time to get himself prepared for when they came knocking.

Guest MaloneFM

So its confirmed then, the queen mother of the English game has taken up the reins at St James Park.

Ashley really has had the last laugh on this one.

'Look you WANTED Keegan, I got him, you WANTED Shearer and I got him as well. Sorry about the Dennis Wise thing but we all balls it up sometimes, so get behind the team or you will be letting down Alan, the lads, Ant and Dec, Bob and Terry and Sid the Sexist. ..hello evil henchman? We need to get someone in alongside him to nause this out of the water so he doesn't look too much of a pillock, who's rubbish and barely employable? Hollowho? Never heard of him, DOWIE! Get Dowie and do it now...'

So please at full time on saturday try not to laugh so hard you hurt yourselves when Goose instigates the long slow drop to Turf Moor by serving up a hiding.

So its confirmed then, the queen mother of the English game has taken up the reins at St James Park.

Ashley really has had the last laugh on this one.

'Look you WANTED Keegan, I got him, you WANTED Shearer and I got him as well. Sorry about the Dennis Wise thing but we all balls it up sometimes, so get behind the team or you will be letting down Alan, the lads, Ant and Dec, Bob and Terry and Sid the Sexist. ..hello evil henchman? We need to get someone in alongside him to nause this out of the water so he doesn't look too much of a pillock, who's rubbish and barely employable? Hollowho? Never heard of him, DOWIE! Get Dowie and do it now...'

So please at full time on saturday try not to laugh so hard you hurt yourselves when Goose instigates the long slow drop to Turf Moor by serving up a hiding.

drevazan.jpg

Newcastle coach Ian Dowie remains tight lipped on his role at Newcastle yesterday.

Archived