IGNORED

Shades Of Meteb?

cheese

I agree. Because Zaki is unprofessional then that means Meteb certainly would have been too.

Come to think of it that Dziekanowski bloke wasnt exactly the model pro so Johnson better not sign any more Polish players. Oh and what about Paul Merson, he was always out drinking and gambling, thats English players off the list. Faustino Asprilla used to go AWOL a lot, I'm so glad there are no Colombians at City.

Obviously no conclusions can be drawn purely on the fact that they're from the same country, especially as Mido made it back on time, but this is exactly what Johnson was concerned about and it shows it can be a real problem.

It would be interesting to know if Steve Bruce feels the goals scored by Zaki outweigh his unprofessionalism, or if he really has made a mistake that Johnson potentially avoided.

I remember around the time of the whole Meteb saga that one of the Egyptian posters on here had said Zaki was regarded as the more unproffesional of the two of them, bit of a playboy back home or something to that effect. Bit of a shame he's done this to his career over here, he looked somewhat unplayable at the start of the season.

I think its a fair comparison myself...

Mido, Ghaly, Meteb and now Zaki, all well documented to have been unproffesional at there respective English clubs, doesnt do Egyptian players reputations any favours at all.

Obviously no conclusions can be drawn purely on the fact that they're from the same country, especially as Mido made it back on time, but this is exactly what Johnson was concerned about and it shows it can be a real problem.

I doubt if Steve Bruce would have kept Zaki if he'd signed him and the player then goes and puts in 90 minutes for the club he's leaving.

GJ said Meteb was a lovely lad as I recall, and I presume Pete Johnson did the required due dilligence so it was only the silly sods antics post signing that got GJ concerned.

We were very very lucky I think.

GJ is the master - If I recall correctly in one of his interviews he said exactly this if he doesn't do as he's told now then what about coming back from int. breaks :laugh: although hate wigan but gotta feel a bit sorry for them and Bruce funny thing is Mido got back in time :whistle2:

Of course. Being from the same country makes them exactly the same.

Too right it does if the football establishment in t'egypt hepled the player abscond. Unbelieveable disrespect to the club that funds his career. Very reminiscant of the Meteb debacle, and it says a lot about the footballing culture in Egypt:

"The Egypt team doctor has faxed Wigan a report claiming that Zaki has picked up a hamstring injury and needs rest, but that has not been backed up by the required scan".

Too right it does if the football establishment in t'egypt hepled the player abscond. Unbelieveable disrespect to the club that funds his career. Very reminiscant of the Meteb debacle, and it says a lot about the footballing culture in Egypt:

"The Egypt team doctor has faxed Wigan a report claiming that Zaki has picked up a hamstring injury and needs rest, but that has not been backed up by the required scan".

bang on garlic was going to post same comment - same sort of scenario that one of meetabs advisors said it was ok for him to play and it was all just a big misunderstanding - balls

Archived