IGNORED

Lionel Morgan

i_am_red

I have written this on the ask steve l thing, but I thought I would tell you guys as well. Thsi guy is young, exciting, attacking and free. Wimbledon have released him becuase of injury probs.

A quote from the wimbledon website!!!

Lionel Morgan has been released by Wimbledon Football Club.

The 21-year-old has always been considered as an outstanding talent, but has been dogged with persistent knee problems, which have put his career in doubt.

Morgan made his debut for the Dons as a 17-year-old in 2000, and was gradually introduced to the first-team by Terry Burton.

He was regularly seen in an England shirt at U19 and U20 levels, and was the subject of a £750,000 bid from Tottenham Hotspur a few years ago.

But a serious injury picked up at the end of the 2001/02 season gave him big problems, and despite fleeting appearances in a series of comebacks, he was unable to get any sustained football.

In total, Lionel has made just 23 appearances in his career, scoring three goals.

He has now been released by the club, but everyone at Wimbledon FC wishes Lionel all the very best with his battle for fitness and the rest of his career.

Guest Fortescue

"The 20-year-old has yet to feature for The Dons this campaign, as he has been recovering from summer surgery to repair knee ligament damage sustained towards the end of last season."

You don't release a talented player unless he's completely knackered. That said, Wimbledon aren't the most financially sound club and thus perhaps they can't afford to take the chance - I bet they're kicking themselves that they didn't take the £750k bid from Spurs.

Archived