IGNORED

3 Minutes To Go...

dougal135

exactly! why oh why did he bring marvin on with 3 mins to go if anything its gotta be another striker or just bring him on earlier! Maynard could of stayed on, skuse could of gone off for trundle and stuck 3 up front but on the whole the subs should have come a lot earlier

To name Trundle as a sub. and then NOT to bring him on in a game like that with at least 15 minutes to go is one of the most inexpliccable double decisions of GJ's reign.

Why have him on the bench at all? :dunno:

Then giving him all of 2 minutes (was it even that long?) when we had been crying out for someone who might just do something different to provide the spark City so desperately needed to grab a winner is mysterious indeed.

The talk at AG before the game was that a decision has already been made about Trundle and he won't be at AG next season.

Shame if true, in my opinion, but if GJ doesn't even see him as a potential late game -changer, then you'd have to think that is the most likely outcome.

To name Trundle as a sub. and then NOT to bring him on in a game like that with at least 15 minutes to go is one of the most inexpliccable double decisions of GJ's reign.

Why have him on the bench at all? :dunno:

Then giving him all of 2 minutes (was it even that long?) when we had been crying out for someone who might just do something different to provide the spark City so desperately needed to grab a winner is mysterious indeed.

The talk at AG before the game was that a decision has already been made about Trundle and he won't be at AG next season.

Shame if true, in my opinion, but if GJ doesn't even see him as a potential late game -changer, then you'd have to think that is the most likely outcome.

On Trundle leaving. He has another year on his contract, he is on top money, so why would he leave for less money. He turns 33 in October, so I don't expect any substantial transfer offers. All together a rather large financial loss when you add 1 million to Swansea, a signing on fee and 2 seasons wages paid to the end of this season,

He may be hard to get rid of, however it is apparent that Trundle wants to play and he has wasted one and a half seasons on the bench, in reserves and at Leeds. I believe he will help us by initiating a move so that he can play out his days at another club.

I totally agree with this thread.

Previously, Johnson has thrown 3 or 4 players up front when we are desperate for a goal. Since this was a chance to make up 2 points on Burnley, and maybe more on Cardiff, I can't fathom why attacking substitutions weren't made.

The game had the feel of 'maybe next year' which leads me to resent Johnson's comments about promotion still being possible.

City simply didn't 'go for it' today, which is a shame because it was clearly our very last chance.

It was so frustrating - there were about 78 minutes on the clock and the game had dropped and was flat - it needed a lift. I said to a mate that the fans had gone so quiet you could hear a pin drop and I could think of one thing that could give the fans a lift and quite possibly effect the game - and that was Lee Trundle. I'm not just saying this becuase I prefer him over any of the other subs, but any other sub coming on and the fans would have given a ripple of applause and then dropped quiet again. But when Trundle comes on, its almost like the whole place is lifted and there is an air of excitment and the fans react and the players in turn react. Even if he wouldnt have effected the game, Trundle coming on with at least 10 minutes to go might have just give the place a boost that could have pushed the players on that little bit more.....

I've seen enough seasons to know when a seasons over. Some of you noticed the same thing, its as though the vacations are booked already.

All that we get now is some of the following, give some youngsters a chance and promise some new signings and its on to next seaso with the promise of better days.

Before Christmas I said that it was looking like a building season, gradually phasing out the over 30's and gradually blooding the under 21's. The ideal scenario would be to walk onto our new ground after promotion to the Premier League.

Last season with play offs was tough and long, the players and staff had very little break before pre season. I for one believe they all need a decent relaxing holiday and come back refreshed.As I mentioned a while back, some of the team look anorexic, ready for a movie on pow's. Fitness, time trials, prozone, all out the door for a month. In the meantime 5 matches to play, I hope GJ uses them to give fringe players a fair go.

I've seen enough seasons to know when a seasons over.

The next 4 games are all winnable. If we did, it would be all down to the last game at Burnley, who with their fixtures will drop more points before we play them.

Trouble is, if yesterday's team selection, performance and substitutions are repeated, you could just as easily see us not winning any of them.

I commented to my friend 10 seconds before our goal that we needed to make subs but Johnson should have brought on Elliott after the goal and defend our lead.

Thing is, you were right that we needed changes, because apart from the one piece of inspiration from Dele for the goal, we looked flat for the whole second half. It was clear that something wasn't right out there.

Archived