IGNORED

How Much Did We Make Out Of Last Seasons Play-off Final?

alanpayne

I also thought I heard something about the losers taking all but someone else told me it all goes into a pool. City have been very quiet about what they made. I just wonder if we are planning to tighten the purse strings next season as we are down by whatever we received for last year.

The Independent Saturday, 20 May 2006

A win tomorrow would be worth £41m to Leeds, and £39m to Watford. This is new, extra income they will earn if they win, according to detailed analysis by The Independent. Win or bust, all or nothing, almost.

Actually, the losers will take home £1.3m. With so much on offer to the team that triumphs, the clubs have agreed that the losers keep all the gate receipts. It will be a small consolation.

The Independent Saturday, 20 May 2006

A win tomorrow would be worth £41m to Leeds, and £39m to Watford. This is new, extra income they will earn if they win, according to detailed analysis by The Independent. Win or bust, all or nothing, almost.

Actually, the losers will take home £1.3m. With so much on offer to the team that triumphs, the clubs have agreed that the losers keep all the gate receipts. It will be a small consolation.

I would say about £2 000 000. The same amount SL put in to the club after having invested our Wembley profit in Maynard.

Don't forget tv money, price money for being runners up, incentives from sponsors etc.

Also two years later and on the peak of a boom.

Archived