IGNORED

Baby Bentley Culture At The Gate

Martyn Hocking

What do you mean "where he should be " do you know how daft that sounds. It isn't table football where they are on bars stuck in one position. He is asked to come inside to support midfield / forwards.

You see it all the time now, look at Ronaldo, Giggs, Rooney -......ok a bit extreme i know but players don't stick to one position, they are asked to move inside / other wing etc. Do you really think he would play every week if he was not doing what he was being asked by GJ ??????????

His posistion is left hand side of midfield, I'm not saying he can't play keep ball but he CANNOT beat a full back.

As for Table football don't talk crap, I know exactly what I'm talking about McIndoe spend 80% of the game wandring around and 20% in his posistion. Ronaldo does exactly the opposite.

I have no idea what GJ askes I'm to do but I honestly believe McIndoe is GJ biggest mistake, I don't rate him and would happily clap him off if I knew he was being sold. No pace, no skill and and not good enough. And if he really is that good why do Scotland ignore him ? He's the most over rated player in the squad.

His posistion is left hand side of midfield, I'm not saying he can't play keep ball but he CANNOT beat a full back.

As for Table football don't talk crap, I know exactly what I'm talking about McIndoe spend 80% of the game wandring around and 20% in his posistion. Ronaldo does exactly the opposite.

I have no idea what GJ askes I'm to do but I honestly believe McIndoe is GJ biggest mistake, I don't rate him and would happily clap him off if I knew he was being sold. No pace, no skill and and not good enough. And if he really is that good why do Scotland ignore him ? He's the most over rated player in the squad.

Sums up my feelings perfectly. People say that with McIndoe our side has more balance, yet in every game you see players numerous times looking for that pass out to the left only to find McIndoe not there. Instead he's in the middle of the park making the space in there smaller. This results in us playing very narrow with for most of the game knowone on the left, making us easy to defend against as were so predictable. The best place to attack a team is down the flanks and to get behind the oppostions defence, but with McIndoe always moving into the centre we can never do this down the left. Although i doubt even if McIndoe was to stay out wide he'd be able to to get behind a fullbkack due to his lack of pace and his lack of skil.

With McIndoe playing often inside, the only way to then get behind a team is down the right. If Sproule plays their he can do this but then he doesn't always have the compuser to deliver a good cross. If Williams plays on the right, as he's not a natural RM, he comes inside aswell, meaning that we play narrow and rarely get behind opposing teams. As a result often we just have to rely on our strikers to create chances for themselves, something that is hard to do at Championship level.

However the most annoying thing about McIndoe has to be his attitude. He's consatntly sulking when he doesn't recieve the ball and as evident on Satyrdy doesn't track back. To say he's one of the most commited players is laughable. As already menioned on eof the most overated players ever not only by commentators and other fans but by himself.

Finally someone else sees the same game as me, cant remember the last time he beat a man, cant remember the last time one of his rubbish free kicks resulted in anything positive either

Sums up my feelings perfectly. People say that with McIndoe our side has more balance, yet in every game you see players numerous times looking for that pass out to the left only to find McIndoe not there. Instead he's in the middle of the park making the space in there smaller. This results in us playing very narrow with for most of the game knowone on the left, making us easy to defend against as were so predictable. , but with McIndoe always moving into the centre we can never do this down the left. Although i doubt even if McIndoe was to stay out wide he'd be able to to get behind a fullbkack due to his lack of pace and his lack of skil.

With McIndoe playing often inside, the only way to then get behind a team is down the right. If Sproule plays their he can do this but then he doesn't always have the compuser to deliver a good cross. If Williams plays on the right, as he's not a natural RM, he comes inside aswell, meaning that we play narrow and rarely get behind opposing teams. As a result often we just have to rely on our strikers to create chances for themselves, something that is hard to do at Championship level.

However the most annoying thing about McIndoe has to be his attitude. He's consatntly sulking when he doesn't recieve the ball and as evident on Satyrdy doesn't track back. To say he's one of the most commited players is laughable. As already menioned on eof the most overated players ever not only by commentators and other fans but by himself.

This is what annoys me. He is told to come inside, life isn't 4-4-2 with 2 out and out wingers. Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool play with no out and out wingers.

Last season he was one of our best players along with Marv and now all of a sudden people are labling him our most overrated player......bizzare but i suppose this is what happens when we are not playing well, anyway i suppose this is better than a LJ bashing thread.

Still when was the last time you actually saw McIndoe beat a player, even when coming inside. He may be told to do it, but still he doesn't do it effectively in my opinion. Whats the point in playing him if he doesn't do his job, that is to beat players and be creative?

Not one, but two baby Bentleys are now being parked in the players' car park behind the Atyeo on match days. I wouldn't mind if they really died for the shirt, but McIndoe put in a Ford Fiesta performance yesterday, rarely getting out of second gear.

Maybe a bit more time spent in training and a bit less choosing personalised number plates for their boy racer cars wouldn't go amiss?

Whats bloody wrong with Ford Fiesta's!!!???

Guest bristol_stu

Average players that really don't understand what the clb means to us,rubbing are noses in it when we are supposed to be thankfull of a 5% decrease on a season ticket, overly big egos when you see them in town . There are dads with two kids who can only afford to take one at a time , i could go on. Now listen to this two of my nephews don't want to renew ther season tickets for next year because its not that exiting , thats how much they are really wrth.

• Admin
H

As for the losses this season, they won't be pretty and thank god Steve Lansdown has more money than he knows what to do with. This will ensure that players down at City will be well paid for as long as he is Chairman and as long as we are at this level - lucky players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he's got his money by astute business, I'm sure he won't squander it to keep footballers in the lifestyle they've become accustomed to...... The club needs to be self financing.

Still when was the last time you actually saw McIndoe beat a player, even when coming inside. He may be told to do it, but still he doesn't do it effectively in my opinion. Whats the point in playing him if he doesn't do his job, that is to beat players and be creative?

McIndoe doesn't need to beat the man to put a decent cross into the box, he seems to take a lot of stick on here when things aren't going so well which is unfair and IMO because he tends to take more responsibility than many other players and speaks his mind......similar to a certain Brian Tinnion who was also a target for the boo boys before people realised what a good player he actually was. He also played left-midfield but drifted inside and eventually ended up a central midfield player

Guest bigcheese

He needs to get a right foot..

Guest MaloneFM

If you examine the mentality of the average footballer, its not massive. When the glass beads are dangled in front of their eyes they go all large and race off to the nearest car dealership. And at that age most of us would as well.

The ones that didn't are now still making as much or even more than they did in the playing days. So while the likes of Trundle and McIndoe are acting the charles grand pom fritte presently give it another ten years and they will be unqualified and at the end of one career and scraping around for a coaching job in Kuwait.

If you examine the mentality of the average footballer, its not massive. When the glass beads are dangled in front of their eyes they go all large and race off to the nearest car dealership. And at that age most of us would as well.

The ones that didn't are now still making as much or even more than they did in the playing days. So while the likes of Trundle and McIndoe are acting the charles grand pom fritte presently give it another ten years and they will be unqualified and at the end of one career and scraping around for a coaching job in Kuwait.

:laugh: - i like.

However... I think you'll find Mr Trundle has quite a housing portfolio in Swansea and Liverpol... oh and his own clothing range! The boy isn't daft.... despite his hair cut! joking of course.

Can i just ask the question who is more stupid the 20-odd year old footballer who buys a flashy car and gets paid 100-thousand odd pounds a year min.

Or

The devoted fans who shell out a large portion of their 25-grand a year wage on season tickets-travel-shirts-mugs-flags.... etc???

By the way if any of our players were premier league standard and able to turn in top performances week in week out... THEY WOULDN'T be at Ashton Gate!

We've got probably the most honest and devoted set of players we've ever had since the late 70s.... remind yourself these are golden days at City, full of hope and promise.

Rarely seen Beckham beat anyone on the right side of midfield, and he is the best delivery player in the game. McIndoe is as pretty good as you can get at our level IMHO, and he was proven right early doors when he said we had not strengthened the squad enough last summer.

He is nowhere near as good as you get for this level, Kightly at wolves has about 8 goals and 20 assisits. Thats as good as you get at this level.

Can i just ask the question who is more stupid the 20-odd year old footballer who buys a flashy car and gets paid 100-thousand odd pounds a year min.

Or

The devoted fans who shell out a large portion of their 25-grand a year wage on season tickets-travel-shirts-mugs-flags.... etc???

I have often wondered this... and it is of course exactly the reason that clubs shaft us again and again.

Archived