IGNORED

How Many Season Tickets Holders Will There Be Next Season?

alanpayne

Renewed mine :D

If it less next season it will be down more to the economic situation than any other reason.This will be the same for all other clubs, I wonder across the 92 teams what will be the fall in season ticket sales.

BS3 - you don't think it will have anything to do with us only winning 7 home games, lack of home goals and no Premier League enticement that existed last season?

It will depend on summer signings and GJ acting early instead of usual panic buys,

My guess 8,500

More if City act.

That and the people who bought season tickets to watch Premier League footie

There are plenty of people who bought not because they wanted to watch Prem footie but becasue they new they'd never be able to POTD if we had been promoted.

There are plenty of people who bought not because they wanted to watch Prem footie but becasue they new they'd never be able to POTD if we had been promoted.

Spot on I think - i'm sure the club has a realistic view of what the number might be next season now, and will budget accordingly.

I reckon 9000 at a push, but obviously if we were to make the play-offs then i would guess we would sell about 14,500. I'm sure that i'm not the only one who has seen loads of new faces this season that i have never seen at the gate before. Obviously due to the possibility that we had the chance of being in the premier last year. If people who bought season tickets for the first time last season don't renew this season then i suspect the credit crunch wouldn't be a factor - call me cynical but i think some new fans only had season tickets cos they thought we would be in the premier. I really hope that the extra season ticket holders stay with us this coming season but if we don't make the play-offs i can't see the same level of sales as last year.

Ive renewed mine but with the economic downturn ( the downturn) and the global recession- global financial crisis

so well have to wait and see - the downturn really has put a cat amongst the pigeons over how much people can aforrd- like myself

Alfi

I renewed mine but I really did object to having to pay in Feb for something that doesn't kick off until August and then told what a great deal I was getting! - half the decrease was down to VAT. City are very quiet about how many they sold.

Yeah I objected to paying in Feb, and I protested by not paying it as did many many others.

They are going to have to tread very carefully with the supporters at the moment, asking people to shell out in February was taking the piss and I have been told the official figures of sales were well below what they had advertised.

I won't be paying a lot more for my ticket as my income and many others have been affected by the downturn in the economy, for example all my household bills have gone up, yet there is no pay rise to make up the extra shelled out, I know I'm not alone in that.

If the club decide to punish the fans by putting up prices across the board I would expect no more than 8500 sales, as for POTD, well that is extremely expensive now so they certainly can't hit that anymore surely.

If I was the club I would have dropped the prices and left that open up until June, trying to force the hand of people to buy in February was disgusting and I'm glad it bit them on the arse.

I thought it was our club. You can't expect one man to pay for your football year after year.

At the start of the season SL put another £2 000 000 in to the club.

Well that's entirely up to Steve Lansdown how he spends his money, the same way it's entirely up to me how I spend mine.

And spending out hundreds of pounds in February when there was the best part of 3 months of the present season left is not what I want to do because I don't have that sort of money available so soon after christmas.

It is the fans club, always will be, but if you can't afford to go anymore because of financial reasons someone else either picks up the tab or the club loses more money, If Steve Lansdown is in the fortunate position where he can afford to put in £2million as you say, then, well done him, I'm struggling to put £300 in to the kitty, is that my fault?

How about the club look at spending £2million pounds less this season, the players demanding they take a pay cut to help the club out, the rich fans wanting to pay more because they can afford it, the league looking at day games only to save on electric for night games, the police not turning up to games to help the club out financially, The players car sharing for away games, all daft ideas of course, but the club is spending more than it earns and has been for as long as I can remember. You and I can't do this, so when I say I don't have the money in my account in February, don't sneer in my direction, If I could afford to pay it I would, same as Steve Lansdown, it seems he can afford to give the club this money.

Where do I get the extra money from at that time of year? Sorry to break this to you but, football isn't the priority for me, keeping a roof over my head is, and if that means the club have to wait til June/July for my money then thats what will happen.

Well that's entirely up to Steve Lansdown how he spends his money, the same way it's entirely up to me how I spend mine.

And spending out hundreds of pounds in February when there was the best part of 3 months of the present season left is not what I want to do because I don't have that sort of money available so soon after christmas.

It is the fans club, always will be, but if you can't afford to go anymore because of financial reasons someone else either picks up the tab or the club loses more money, If Steve Lansdown is in the fortunate position where he can afford to put in £2million as you say, then, well done him, I'm struggling to put £300 in to the kitty, is that my fault?

How about the club look at spending £2million pounds less this season, the players demanding they take a pay cut to help the club out, the rich fans wanting to pay more because they can afford it, the league looking at day games only to save on electric for night games, the police not turning up to games to help the club out financially, The players car sharing for away games, all daft ideas of course, but the club is spending more than it earns and has been for as long as I can remember. You and I can't do this, so when I say I don't have the money in my account in February, don't sneer in my direction, If I could afford to pay it I would, same as Steve Lansdown, it seems he can afford to give the club this money.

Where do I get the extra money from at that time of year? Sorry to break this to you but, football isn't the priority for me, keeping a roof over my head is, and if that means the club have to wait til June/July for my money then thats what will happen.

And that's fine - you have to mke choices about where your money goes and if you can't afford it in February then you can't afford it. However, I'm a bit surprised that, in your previous post, you express the fact that you're glad that putting season tickets on sale in February "bit City on the bum". How can you be pleased that City sold fewer tickets than they had hoped (just because you couldn't afford it)?

Anyway, I see in the EPO that the club say they've sold c7000 tickets so far - so maybe it hasn't "bit" them at all. I dunno how many they were expecting by now.

I think that you sum up my feelings perfectly. Football has lived way beyond its means for years now and this recession may hit a few clubs hard.

I still believe that as this bites fans will get increasingly sick of watching blokes mincing around earning more money in few weeks than the average fan earns in a year (and still demanding more 'because they're worth it')

I renewed mine soon as i could. I understand that people are finding it hard at the moment but surly you souldent deniy your self the joy of whaching City next season as my nan used to say ware theres a will theres away

I renewed mine soon as i could. I understand that people are finding it hard at the moment but surly you souldent deniy your self the joy of whaching City next season as my nan used to say ware theres a will theres away

I`m sure if I only pay half the mortgage this month there will be a way the Build Soc will understand.

Not wanting to drag this on. If you truly understood there wouldn`t be a but.

PDG

Archived