IGNORED

Reserves

GrahamC

Just back from the game, how we didnt win that i will never know. Well, i do know, Trundle missed 4 clear cut chances (two one on ones) in the first 15 minutes. Styvar looked out of his depth all game against a very young Swansea side.

Took his goal well but essentially had all day to tee himself up and it went in off the keeper.

Saying that thier keeper was my man of the match, when we did get passed teh defensive line (which was quite often) he was there to block most things thrown at him.

Their first goal was a defensive mix up, thier second was a raking 50 yard pass that cought out our defence, taken early on the volley and lashed over Henderson. Great goal.

Trundle brought down in the area for our second, took teh pen himself and sent the keeper the wrong way.

Plummer started off poorly but got better as the game went on, Stambolsiev had a few mazy runs but no end product, no other stand out players really from tonights game.

Artus was sat with GJ and SL, contract signed perhaps?

I can't believe we didn't win the game, Swansea had two shots we must've had about 15 on target, Trunds could, sorry should, have had a hat trick in the first 10 mins.

Maybe his confidence is shot? Watching Stern John keep you out the team could do that :innocent06:

I was down that neck of the woods last night and popped in to watch the last 10 mins or so. Nothing too exciting - but Swansea's 2nd goal was well worth watching, the young lad took that really well! Worth the entrance fee (that I didn't pay!)

To be fair to Trundle I thought a couple of the one on ones he had with the keeper that people are calling "misses" I would put that down to good goalkeeping rather than Trundle being poor. The keeper was out like a flash and gave no players in one on one situations any time at all to compose themselves. If he is Swansea's number 2 keeper then he is a good understudy to have!

I thought Tristan Plummer had a decent start until he went into a crunching tackle just in front of the benches after about 10 mins (which if it was a first team game he would have surely been booked for). After that tackle he didnt look the same until the second half when he looked a bit more lively

Styvar worked quite hard but looked frustrated at times and commited a few silly fouls pushing in the back etc.... I thought on the whole he was a bit disappointing but I guess deserved his goal for the hard work.

Did you go? He was poor against an average reserve defence.

Stern John is MUCH better.

:disapointed2se: Trunds looked lively..now STYVAR..that was POOR, Trunds played in some beautiful passes i.e the lofted through pass to Gavlar that resulted in an unmissable chance...which somehow Plummer was able to miss, getting the ball stuck under his feet :laugh::tumbleweed:

Trunds gives us soemthing different, which has been missing for months e.g creative passes in behind the line of defence, the very same passes which nicky will thrive on

:disapointed2se: Trunds looked lively..now STYVAR..that was POOR, Trunds played in some beautiful passes i.e the lofted through pass to Gavlar that resulted in an unmissable chance...which somehow Plummer was able to miss, getting the ball stuck under his feet :laugh::tumbleweed:

Trunds gives us soemthing different, which has been missing for months e.g creative passes in behind the line of defence, the very same passes which nicky will thrive on

Last night I thought Trundle made some great chances for other players threading through some great balls like the chance that Plummer had one on one and to be fair I think the keeper again played a part in that chance being missed.

The other thing I noticed Trundle do last night that Ive not really noticed him doing is making some great runs - he timed them perfectly and the balls through to him were good too. I think out of about 6 runs with the ball over the top he was caught offside once and that was because the pass was badly timed. Maynard on the other hand when playing gets caught offside in the same situations probably at least 4 times out of 6.

I would have thought between Trundle and Styvar from from last nights game if one of them was to make the bench on Sat then Trundle for me would be ahead - but if Gary Johnson see's it that was is another question.

Trundle scores again. Please Gary give him a chance in these last few games!

Having taken 4 penalties in the last 3 reserve games "scoring again" isn't actually that much of an achievement, is it?

To me the issue is more whether GJ thinks we are planning for the future by including the 32 year olds Trundle and John in end of season games now as opposed to the 19 year old Akinde or 28 year old Styvar.

Having taken 4 penalties in the last 3 reserve games "scoring again" isn't actually that much of an achievement, is it?

To me the issue is more whether GJ thinks we are planning for the future by including the 32 year olds Trundle and John in end of season games now as opposed to the 19 year old Akinde or 28 year old Styvar.

When do Artus and Akinde's loans expire?

Would be nice to see Akinde, Artus, James Wilson and Ribeiro (if fit) given chances before the end of the season against more than decent opposition.

There haven't been many 'dead' games played over the past few seasons I don't think. I seem to remember Lorenzo Pinamonte (what a great name) scoring in the last game of the season when we got relegated for the championship in '99 though. Hopefully the players listed above will achieve more at City than he did though!

Stern John can make those passes and hold it up. I do agree that Styvar was poor as well, where was his form from the Pompey game? He looked pretty good at Fratton Park.

Trundle missed unmissable chances against a very average side. I.E. On the volley about 15 yards from goal with no pressure, loads of one-on-ones.

You have to remember that team was probably lower league 2 standard although very good so Trundle won't get anywhere near that time or space.

Archived