IGNORED

Parking Ticket

Ray White

Earlier today I got a parking ticket shortly after 7pm for parking my car on double yellow lines in a residential street. I went into the newsagents for a maximum of five minutes and when I came back out my cars been ticketed. I understand that it is an offence to park on double yellow lines however this is not what I feel I should be appealing over.

The two wardens (or 'Civil Enforcement Officers' as they have been titled) who issued the ticket had a small van which they themselves parked on double yellows on a corner coming off of a main road. I also suspect that the barstewards saw me pull up there and go into the shop and then crossed the road to issue the notice. So is it right that they should themselves park illegally to give me a ticket and also has anyone else appealed in the past to the council and had success in the fine being voided?

Earlier today I got a parking ticket shortly after 7pm for parking my car on double yellow lines in a residential street. I went into the newsagents for a maximum of five minutes and when I came back out my cars been ticketed. I understand that it is an offence to park on double yellow lines however this is not what I feel I should be appealing over.

The two wardens (or 'Civil Enforcement Officers' as they have been titled) who issued the ticket had a small van which they themselves parked on double yellows on a corner coming off of a main road. I also suspect that the barstewards saw me pull up there and go into the shop and then crossed the road to issue the notice. So is it right that they should themselves park illegally to give me a ticket and also has anyone else appealed in the past to the council and had success in the fine being voided?

By them themselves parking on double yellow lines they've broken a law to enforce a law. Did you take a piccie of their van that was illegally parked? If so, send it to various newspapers along with their criminal mugshots. :winner_third_h4h:

Appeals usually work because of unclear / non-existent signage, or having a ticket but the warden not spotting it and issuing a fine anyway.

Check the signage around to make sure you were actually in breach; sometimes there are allowable periods.

If you weren't in an allowable period then as you parked on clear double yellow lines there is no chance of an appeal for that succeeding so don't waste your time.

By them themselves parking on double yellow lines they've broken a law to enforce a law. Did you take a piccie of their van that was illegally parked? If so, send it to various newspapers along with their criminal mugshots. :winner_third_h4h:

Yes it's ridiculous isn't it. I wish I has managed to get a pic but unfortunately it only occurred to me about half an hour after they had given me the ticket where they had parked to do so. I don't think I really have much in a way of a defence anyway so I'll just have to pay it but It does illustrate how corrupt these jobsworths are. Perhaps it's possible to make a compliant about them.

Defiantly worth the appeal because its your right, but if you have a nice new car then forget any sympathy at all, you will need to be 100% in the right to win an appeal.

This is how sad the parking services are, If you are foreign, or have a car worth over 5k, or live in a nice area, or have not been nice in your letter, then its over.

Archived