IGNORED

Former Players Coming Back To The Gate

I BELIEVE

I was thinking earlier about some of our former players earlier and wondering what sort of reception they would get from the city fans. I have come up with a list of players who would recieve a good reception, a bad one, and not sure (if they were to come back to Ashton Gate with another club). See if you agree and feel free to add any more names..........

GOOD RECEPTION

Tommy Doherty (Good serveant to the club and the hard man in the middle)

Kevin Betsy (never did anything wrong tbh and did really good Radio Bristol commentary)

Aaron Brown (The best left winger we had in years)

Steve Brooker (Scored vital goals and gave his all)

Enoc Showumni (Well we just loved Enoc!)

Alex Russell (good all round player who gave his all)

Matt Hill (Born in the city and a very well respected bloke, still loved in these parts)

Craig Woodman (came through with city from a young age and a nice bloke)

Ade Akinbiyi (former record-signing and scored bags of goals)

Andy Cole (Scored bags of goals)

Scott Brown (Loved by City fans and gave his all)

Darren Byfield (Top scorer in playoff season)

Brian Tinnion (i know he has retired but i just had to mention him! LEGEND)

BAD RECEPTION

Danny Coles ( :gasmask: )

Steve Philllips ( :gasmask: the less said about him the better)

Luke Wilkshire (Left on bad terms)

Lee Peacock (just have a feeling that he would get booed!)

Leroy Lita (He shouldn't get a bad reception but he would)

Dave Cotterill (Same as Lita, but at the time we took the money)

Michael Bridges (Expected to do great things but didn't cut it, attitude problem)

Nick Carle (Pillock)

Kayode Odejayi (City reject)

David Partridge (Welsh pillock, with a night club habit)

Jason Roberts ( :gasmask: and City reject)

Liam Rosenior (wouln't sign the contract and left so we recieved a very small fee)

NOT SURE

Phil Jevons (Top scorer in promotion season but didn't do much after that and hasn't since)

Paul Heffernan (Sold far too early and never really given the chance)

Bas Savage (Absolute waste of space but we still loved him)

Marcus Stewart (City through and through (so he said), but former Gas, nerver given the chance (under GJ) and left on bad terms)

Wayne Andrews (Scored a vital goal for us away at Blackpool, but went on loan to Rovers)

Lee Miller (Again sold far too early, and not really given the chance)

Scott Golbourne (Came through the City ranks but left for Reading)

Jennison Myrie-Williams (Haven't got a clue...Never really given a decent chance)

Christian Roberts (I know he has retired now but he scored a vital goal in the playoffs and 2 v Bardiff, but had his offield problems)

Kevin Amankwaah (Don't know)

Stephen Gillespie (Don't know)

Marc Goodfellow (remember him scoring in the playoffs and a late winner away at Notts County on Tinnion's special day)

Mark McCammon (Don't know)

That's what i believe anyway :city:

NOT SURE

Phil Jevons (Top scorer in promotion season but didn't do much after that and hasn't since)

Paul Heffernan (Sold far too early and never really given the chance)

Bas Savage (Absolute waste of space but we still loved him)

Marcus Stewart (City through and through (so he said), but former Gas, nerver given the chance (under GJ) and left on bad terms)

Wayne Andrews (Scored a vital goal for us away at Blackpool, but went on loan to Rovers)

Lee Miller (Again sold far too early, and not really given the chance)

Scott Golbourne (Came through the City ranks but left for Reading)

Jennison Myrie-Williams (Haven't got a clue...Never really given a decent chance)

Christian Roberts (I know he has retired now but he scored a vital goal in the playoffs and 2 v Bardiff, but had his offield problems)

Kevin Amankwaah (Don't know)

Stephen Gillespie (Don't know)

Marc Goodfellow (remember him scoring in the playoffs and a late winner away at Notts County on Tinnion's special day)

Mark McCammon (Don't know)

That's what i believe anyway :city:

Phil Jevons - Good; top goalscorer didn't do anything wrong

Paul Heffernan - Good; good attitude

Bas Savage - AMAZING! for obvious reasons

Marcus Stewart - Average, city fan but didn't cut it

Wayne Andrews - Wasn't here long enough

Lee Miller - I'd clap him because he was my favourite player but others would most probably boo because of he his miss against Swindon at the County Ground (if he'd of scored we would've been promoted for sure)

Scott Golbourne - Good because he was an academy product with mounts of potential

Jennison Myrie-Williams - Never did anything wrong and hasn't even left yet!

Christian Roberts - Good; scored some important/amazing goals for us

Kevin Amankwaah - Good; thought he was decent and he was an academy product

Stephen Gillespie - Good; good attitude and has recieved an applause on return

Marc Goodfellow - Good; scored on his debut v Notts County and scored v Hartlepool in the play offs

Mark McCammon - Wasn't here long enough

Scott Brown would recieve a standing ovation.

Phil Jevons - Good; top goalscorer didn't do anything wrong

Paul Heffernan - Good; good attitude

Bas Savage - AMAZING! for obvious reasons

Marcus Stewart - Average, city fan but didn't cut it

Wayne Andrews - Wasn't here long enough

Lee Miller - I'd clap him because he was my favourite player but others would most probably boo because of he his miss against Swindon at the County Ground (if he'd of scored we would've been promoted for sure)

Scott Golbourne - Good because he was an academy product with mounts of potential

Jennison Myrie-Williams - Never did anything wrong and hasn't even left yet!

Christian Roberts - Good; scored some important/amazing goals for us

Kevin Amankwaah - Good; thought he was decent and he was an academy product

Stephen Gillespie - Good; good attitude and has recieved an applause on return

Marc Goodfellow - Good; scored on his debut v Notts County and scored v Hartlepool in the play offs

Mark McCammon - Wasn't here long enough

Scott Brown would recieve a standing ovation.

I still remember that i can picture it clearly. still i would give him a good reception. Cotterill was booed and Goodfellow would get a really good reception for scoring the 2 goals mentioned.

Mostly yes.

Bang wrong on Andy Cole though. I would be handing out bottles of piss to throw at him.

Can't see Cotts getting a bad reception, good attitude (unlike Lita).

Edit - remove whole post quote.

With you on that Eddie - Cole & Lita are my two most hated City players of all time!

Both Andy Cole & Leroy were great for us in their relatively short City careers, don't understand the antagonism, especially Cole.

Leroy got a pretty good reception earlier this season.

I refer you to the other post about Lita.

It's not about their records, it's about their perceived attitudes.

Contrast Enoch (always tried, kept running, desperately wanted to stay, ending up going to Leeds) with Cole (more talented but arrogant, arrived with allegations of theft at Arsenal, insisted on leaving, deliberately missed a penalty, never refers to his time at City).

I know which one I would give a cheer to.

Maybe Ian Baird had a good record with us, but I would give him the Vs straight back.

Mostly yes.

Bang wrong on Andy Cole though. I would be handing out bottles of piss to throw at him.

Can't see Cotts getting a bad reception, good attitude (unlike Lita).

Edit - remove whole post quote.

I would be helping you hand out the bottles. And adding pooper missiles, not sure many would help with handing those out though.

He should have been remembered fondly at the gate but, he never used to come out for the warm ups with the rest of the players, we rescued him from Arsenal reserves for a lot of money at the time, and listening to him you would think that he did us a favour. Never mentions us ever, you would have thought that Newcastle was his first club after Arsenal. Can i say he was a w.....r on here?

I refer you to the other post about Lita.

It's not about their records, it's about their perceived attitudes.

Contrast Enoch (always tried, kept running, desperately wanted to stay, ending up going to Leeds) with Cole (more talented but arrogant, arrived with allegations of theft at Arsenal, insisted on leaving, deliberately missed a penalty, never refers to his time at City).

I know which one I would give a cheer to.

Maybe Ian Baird had a good record with us, but I would give him the Vs straight back.

Is that something that I've forgotten about??

I wouldnt boo Peacock personally.

Met him on a night out once in Swindon and he was a really nice chap, had nothing but good things to say about City.

It was the day of our late winner live on Sky against Watford and he was watchin cheerin us on.

Archived