IGNORED

Monday

vincent_bcfc

As we are now out of the playoff race what would your team be on monday?

Henderson, J. Wilson, Ribeiro(fit?)Plummer and Styvar would all start for me. Maybe even Stambolziev or Jackson could be on the bench. However, I imagine the usual side will be out.

I agree something different would be nice,now the season is over let's have some quick attacking football with loads of width and crosses,maybe the east end can see a few more shots for a change aswell

Bring back Akinde and stick him up front with Dele and Maynard and have three forwards in the hope of scoring more than twice in a home game

Henderson, J. Wilson, Ribeiro(fit?)Plummer and Styvar would all start for me. Maybe even Stambolziev or Jackson could be on the bench. However, I imagine the usual side will be out.

No point in putting all the youngsters in the team at once, they wouldn't learn anything. Assuming Carey, Fontaine and McAllister are missing;

Henderson

Orr (If he's not suspended) J.Wilson Iriekpen Skuse???

Sproule Elliot Williams McIndoe

Styvar Maynard

Subs;

Basso

McCombe

Johnson

Murray

Adebola

Basso

Orr

Carey

J Wilson

Fontaine

Sproule

Elliot

Williams

McIndoe

Styvar

Maynard

Would like to see Akinde, Artus and Ribiero play but as for the other youth teamers, they aint good enough yet.

and how are they going to get better if they don't get a chance - now is the ideal time to put them in and have a look - 4 games should be enough to gage whether they will be able to cut it

Defence I would only add in Wilson, he needs games now, give him 4. Midfield, I would play Elliot and Skuse together with williams sitting in front of them with one up front. On the bench I would have Marlon Jackson and Plummer. If we could have Akinde and Artus back, I may even think different. Pointless playing the current normals, they have been shown to be ok, good, but not good enough. GJ has not yet managed to develop any young players, that has to change rapidy.

Whats the point in playing Elliott? surely he'll be off in the summer?

Can't see him wanting to hang around for another season in the championship

and how are they going to get better if they don't get a chance - now is the ideal time to put them in and have a look - 4 games should be enough to gage whether they will be able to cut it

I'm sure Johnson can work that out by observing them in training and youth games.

Whats the point in playing Elliott? surely he'll be off in the summer?

Can't see him wanting to hang around for another season in the championship

I can see what you mean, but I'd have thought he's more likely to play if he's part of the last four games. Personally I can't think of who we'd want to put in instead of him.

Styvar hasnt been deemed good enough to make the squad for the last two games, installing him upfront now under the guise of 'knock yourself out, we have nothing to play for' wont do him a great deal of good and doesnt send out an incredibly encouraging message to him.

Althogh I agree this is a perfect time to look to the future, sweeping changes and a resulting disjointed side doesnt really benefit anyone. I would now, presuming he is not going to be offered a permenant deal, send John back to Southampton or at least drop him from the squad. I would also, again on the assumption that he will be off in the summer, drop Adebola, albeit only until the last home game of the season when id reserve a 20 minute cameo for him.

Weale and Akinde are on loan so not an option.

What's the point playing Artus when he will have at least 4 first teamers infront of him next season?

Start James Wilson at the expense of Carey, put Trundle 'in the shop window', involve Styvar alongside Maynard but only play Riberio if fully healed - I would immediately install him into the first 11 if he was 'fit'. Anything Else is not going to be incredibly beneficial.

Yeah, it makes sense on every level to me, I'll be intrigued to see if Johnson gives the fans what they want - ie a glimse of the future.

Other than seeing our team take a battering and the resulting loss of confidence amongst the youngsters?

That's a pretty negative thing to assume. It's Johnson's job to get the balance right, I just hope that includes youth.

That's a pretty negative thing to assume. It's Johnson's job to get the balance right, I just hope that includes youth.

Balance fine, but I get the feeling some of us want to see the whole youth team being played. There are some younger players that I'd really like to see play such as Wilson and Artus but some of the others suggested are a long long way from being first team material. Not to say they won't be up to standard given time.

First off... many established Championship & ex Prem teams saw their seasons effectively over by Christmas - We Kept Ours Alive right through til Easter!! - so cant be too disappointed.

Realistically to have acheived a Premier League place this year would've seen us going 'too far, too fast, too high', to be honest we would not have been ready for it yet!...

So ...Hasta La Vista Baby - WE WILL BE BACK!!... bigger better stronger & fitter next season - meanwhile everyone connected to BCFC deserve a huge :clapping::clap::clapping: amount of appreciation for their efforts & overall progress in recent times! THANKS :Believe:.

OK, back on topic... with three Championship games still to play (& nothing bar pride to lose) its a great opportunity now to give maybe half a dozen youngsters a valuable taste of the future, & the club a great chance to access whats immediately required in terms of next season.

I'm sure GJ already has a plan of action firmly in mind, I doubt he'll be throwing kids into the lions den enmasse, and nor should he do so.

If half the team for the upcoming games were reserves & kids three heavy defeats would hardly do their collective confidence much good.

However, three games involving half a dozen kids - two or three at a time (45 mins each) alongside senior pro's could do everyone the power of good.

What great experience these three games can provide for them & the club as a whole.. its a perfect opportunity all round now for the club & future stars to access where we are at, whats required, & to prepare for our next assault on the promotion trail towards the Premier League..

Its a mini pre-season for us now... time to get the wheels in motion, know where we have to strengthen for next season etc, check out 'what clubs we already have in our bag' so to speak & get ready for next seasons 'pre-season' knowing exactly what we require.

The three upcoming games can prove to be as important & valuable to BCFC & our future as any games we've played all season!

:city:Onwards & Upwards - Come On You Reds!! :city:

edit ; Oops FOUR GAMES sorry! even better.... & lets please use our last home game to give Scotty a well deserved ovation too!!

First off... many established Championship & ex Prem teams saw their seasons effectively over by Christmas - We Kept Ours Alive right through til Easter!! - so cant be too disappointed.

Realistically to have acheived a Premier League place this year would've seen us going 'too far, too fast, too high', to be honest we would not have been ready for it yet!...

So ...Hasta La Vista Baby - WE WILL BE BACK!!... bigger better stronger & fitter next season - meanwhile everyone connected to BCFC deserve a huge :clapping::clap::clapping: amount of appreciation for their efforts & overall progress in recent times! THANKS :Believe:.

OK, back on topic... with three Championship games still to play (& nothing bar pride to lose) its a great opportunity now to give maybe half a dozen youngsters a valuable taste of the future, & the club a great chance to access whats immediately required in terms of next season.

I'm sure GJ already has a plan of action firmly in mind, I doubt he'll be throwing kids into the lions den enmasse, and nor should he do so.

If half the team for the upcoming games were reserves & kids three heavy defeats would hardly do their collective confidence much good.

However, three games involving half a dozen kids - two or three at a time (45 mins each) alongside senior pro's could do everyone the power of good.

What great experience these three games can provide for them & the club as a whole.. its a perfect opportunity all round now for the club & future stars to access where we are at, whats required, & to prepare for our next assault on the promotion trail towards the Premier League..

Its a mini pre-season for us now... time to get the wheels in motion, know where we have to strengthen for next season etc, check out 'what clubs we already have in our bag' so to speak & get ready for next seasons 'pre-season' knowing exactly what we require.

The three upcoming games can prove to be as important & valuable to BCFC & our future as any games we've played all season!

:city:Onwards & Upwards - Come On You Reds!! :city:

edit ; Oops FOUR GAMES sorry! even better.... & lets please use our last home game to give Scotty a well deserved ovation too!!

Good post mate

My team:

Henderson

Orr Wilson Carey Fontaine

Sproule Elliott Williams McIndoe

Trundle Styvar

Subs:

Basso

McCombe

Skuse

Plummer

Adebola

What I think GJ will go for:

Basso

Orr Cary McCombe Fontaine

Sproule Johnson Elliott McIndoe

Adebola Maynard

Subs:

Henderson

Wilson

Skuse

Williams

Styvar

Surely giving as much experience as possible to youngsters/those without as much playing time is worth it. Also, giving a rest to the players who have played most games this season, especially the young ones like Maynard can only be positive, so they don't burn out and can come back even fresher for next season.

5-3-2 wingback system

Henderson

J. Wilson

Iriekpen

Carey/Fonts/McCombe - depending who is fit and in that order

Orr

McIndoe

Skuse

Williams

Marv

Styver

Maynard