IGNORED

Right, So Now We Know.

RedM

No more faint hopes for this season so let's look forward to the next.

At the beginning of this season Gary said that the playoff's had put us behind other teams when it came for planning for the future, rightly things had to be delayed. He said that other club's had a head start on us as they already knew what division they would be in and we able to go out straight away and talk to players. Hopefully now we can take advantage, put in some youngsters, talk to existing players, sort out contracts etc.

We haven't failed this season, we got what we deserved. We are now firmly established as a championship side and have to act like one in the preparation for next season. there are lots of reasons why we have finished in this position. The Bradley orr contract dispute mid season was a contributory factor, I would like to see a repeat of anything similar avoided in the future. This is work that has to be started now.

Four names on the team sheet for Monday...Weale, Wilson, Artus, Akinde...

Don't sign John, pay off Trundles contract, give Dele his two years, the second year to include a coaching role.

GJ's stance on the Bradley Orr fiasco was just plain stupid - hopefully he has learned from that.

See now I'd argue that GJ's stance on Bradley refusing to sign his deal was spot on, and I think Bradley realised that.

Why should Gary pick someone who wants out? He should only pick those players who are 100% committed to the shirt.

Just saying like.

Don't sign John, pay off Trundles contract, give Dele his two years, the second year to include a coaching role.

Rather difficult when they're out on loan.

We need to start looking at players who will improve us for next season. Most will agree we are short of a creative midfielder and a right midfielder. Plenty of good players we can bring in, in these positions. Bailey, Llanna, campbell ryce John Joe o'toole all create and score goals.

We also need a pair of new fullbacks because the two we have at the moment aren't upto scratch. Both have poor distribution and Mcallister in particular has discipline problem and gets booked far too many times. Eardley was mentioned earlier in the season or giving Ribiero a chance next year and Fox from coventry is another brilliant fullback at this level.

Bringing in a new central defender because Mcombe is simply not good enough. Hes far too clumsy on the ball and is only effective in the air. Someone like Jay Demerit from watford or someone like Dann from coventry.

Three of those are out on loan and neither Artus or Akinde can be recalled in their first month.

• Admin
See now I'd argue that GJ's stance on Bradley refusing to sign his deal was spot on, and I think Bradley realised that.

Why should Gary pick someone who wants out? He should only pick those players who are 100% committed to the shirt.

Just saying like.

I'm 100% against your opinion on this one, if we have a fit player, who is in form and by merit should be in the first team, that we are paying, he should be played, even if he hasn't signed a new contract.

Going on your stance Marie, Adebola shouldn't be playing, he was offered a new contract after Forest came sniffing, which he hasn't signed, you can't have one rule for one and one for another..................

On Radio Bristol just now Johnson said he understood why at 32 or 33 Adebola was trying to get the best and longest deal he could, of course I understand that, but why shouldn't that also apply to a player in his 20's?

Three of those are out on loan and neither Artus or Akinde can be recalled in their first month.

Akinde is now on a 24 hr recall, you're right about Artus..it just seems he's been there for ages given his goal scoring record!

I'm 100% against your opinion on this one, if we have a fit player, who is in form and by merit should be in the first team, that we are paying, he should be played, even if he hasn't signed a new contract.

Going on your stance Marie, Adebola shouldn't be playing, he was offered a new contract after Forest came sniffing, which he hasn't signed, you can't have one rule for one and one for another.....

On Radio Bristol just now Johnson said he understood why at 32 or 33 Adebola was trying to get the best and longest deal he could, of course I understand that, but why shouldn't that also apply to a player in his 20's?

I thought GJ (and therefore DollyMarie) was spot on. I also don't think the Adebola scenario is the same thing, for various reasons discussed on previous threads.

I also don't think we were winning everything in sight before Orr was dropped (and we're not winning everything in sight now with Orr in the team). To suggest that this damaged our season doesn't seem accurate to me (you could argue that the resulting goodwill is what fired our players up to go on that winning streak).

Going on your stance Marie, Adebola shouldn't be playing, he was offered a new contract after Forest came sniffing, which he hasn't signed, you can't have one rule for one and one for another.....

I'd agree with that, Bradley had turned down 2 contract offers though, and maybe at this point in the season Gary is feeling a bit more desperate and so not so keen to drop Dele.

We need to start looking at players who will improve us for next season. Most will agree we are short of a creative midfielder and a right midfielder.

When you say a creative midfielder I'm assuming you mean one of the two central midfielders where I'd argue that we have enough cover in Elliott, Skuse, Johnson and Welsh bloke. Creativity can also come from wide midfield players and I expect competition for wide right and wide left to be added to the squad as a necessity for the early renewal of my season ticket...

The squad has looked thin all season but now we are an established championship side lets back it up with a FULL squad.

:englandsmile4wf:

Archived