IGNORED

Anyone Else Hear Forest Player On Radio ?

andy g

radio nottingham had an interview with one of the cheating notts forest players after the match. (think it was anderson)

first of all he said forest were all over us in the second half (really ?!!)

and then he justified the mcallister-gunter incident by saying he didnt think basso was genuinely injured so it was perfectly ok to charge down mcallisters kick ! how did he know that ? is he a trained physio ?

i really hope they get murdered by sheffield united on monday now.

It's OK to be unsporting as we didn't think their goalie was really injured. Says it all.

Interesting as I didn't either. I sometimes disagree with GJ but it was good to read his comments on the site - 2-1 up and 10 mins to go. Basso shouldn't be getting "cramp" and if McCallister has to put the ball out, hit it 50 yards upfield. Probably cost us 3 points.

I wouldn't say we "battered" you but we had the better of the second half in general. We were looking the likelier until our keeper handed you another goal on a plate. Basso clearly wasn't injured either so I was pretty annoyed when Gunter threw the ball back to you...only to be pleasantly surprised when he decided to close down the defender who was taking the piss waiting for a near stationary ball to trickle out of play.

Great game though but that's easy for me to say.

Have to say that if Basso went down with 'cramp' having run the best part of 15 yds all game then I retract my initial reaction of Forest cheats and apply it instead to our keeper. Worst sort of sportsmanship against a team fighting for their championship survival and absolutely shameful if that's the case.

It was not exactly great sportsmanship, but had we been in Forsts position, I would have applauded City doing the same. I thought that the second half was very open, with both sides realising 1 point was not enough, all 4 centre-backs looking shaky, and both keepers looking suspect (Basso did not look well and Turner was useless). I could not get too worked up by it, because it is destiny that we will never beat them - I think somebody from City went there and walked under loads of ladders, ran over every black cat, and did not by any lucky heather!

I have been to Forest 5 times, and a City player has always scored first (Mabbutt, Mardon, Llewellyn OG, Gillespie and Maynard), and in 3 of those games, we have been ahead in the 80th minute, losing two and drawing one. Still, the Castle Rock beer was superb, so not an entirely wasted day.

at least the forest fans who did not attend the game,

could hear FULL LIVE HOME RADIO COMMENTARY on thier favourite team on THIER local BBC station

and thier local sports programme starts at 13:30pm

they are taxed at 140 pounds for the privilige,just like ourselves in Bristol

one BBC law for BBC Bristol,and another law for every else

Have to say that if Basso went down with 'cramp' having run the best part of 15 yds all game then I retract my initial reaction of Forest cheats and apply it instead to our keeper. Worst sort of sportsmanship against a team fighting for their championship survival and absolutely shameful if that's the case.

See posts on the 'Forest Cheats' thread - why assume our player was feigning???

Archived