IGNORED

Forest Cheats

italian dave

Sorry Gary, but I'm not as laid back about it as you are!! Yes, we were guilty of some poor individual mistakes, but let's face it, the result today hinged on the one incident when Forest failed to return the ball after we'd kicked it out so that Basso could get treatment. It may be the rules, but its still cheating in my book. We weren't going up anyway, but I feel sorry for Norwich who are now in a relegation position as a result of a p**s poor referee and a cheating Forset side.

Still, there's 5 games left - come on Norwich (and Barnsley and Sothampton, and Plymouth!!)

Sorry Gary, but I'm not as laid back about it as you are!! Yes, we were guilty of some poor individual mistakes, but let's face it, the result today hinged on the one incident when Forest failed to return the ball after we'd kicked it out so that Basso could get treatment. It may be the rules, but its still cheating in my book. We weren't going up anyway, but I feel sorry for Norwich who are now in a relegation position as a result of a p**s poor referee and a cheating Forset side.

Still, there's 5 games left - come on Norwich (and Barnsley and Sothampton, and Plymouth!!)

Dave I believe in Karma. What goes around comes around. League 1 is destination Forest.

Forest fan here...registered on here eons back whilst we were both still in League One and only just remembered that I had an account.

Granted, it might not have been the most sporting thing for us to do but come on, you do realise that Basso clearly wasn't injured in the first place don't you? Justice was done in my book.

To be honest, it was made lear to all clubs at the start of the season that the referee would decide when to stop play for injuries so, as we were all taught at grass roots level, they should play to the whistle. The law, and the essence of the game, is that unless the referee demands a restart, it is all fair game. As it occurred today, we kicked the ball out in our half for our own player, why should we expect if to be played back to us?

Cheating? That's a bit strong! If we were in their position we'd probably do the same thing!

There's nothing in the law that says they have to give it back - it's just courtesy. And they did give it back anyway! When you're chasing the game with relegation looming on the horizon, you're unlikely to be 'nice' about it, are you? Especially if Basso was time-wasting, as seems to be the general consensus.

Why do people try to blame everybody but their own team when we lose?

We got exacty what we deserved this season - nothing.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

The ref had added on time for Basso's injury- he even indicated it to the Forest players. Gunter should not have chased that down but the most disturbing thing was the defending from the free-kick. Had we of cleared it, we would of won. Instead we lost. Story of the season when in the lead.

Forest fan here...registered on here eons back whilst we were both still in League One and only just remembered that I had an account.

Granted, it might not have been the most sporting thing for us to do but come on, you do realise that Basso clearly wasn't injured in the first place don't you? Justice was done in my book.

Not very sporting though was it. I am sorry but I hope you are relegated at the end of the season. Nothing against you just HATE Forest with a passion. The sooner all your fans take :chant6ez: it in that you are no longer famous and face up to reality the better. Hope United do you on Monday.

As I said we weren't going up anyway, and thats the only reason I can think for why we've suddenly got so self righteous!!!

It may be 'in the rules' but its unsporting at best - and no I wouldn't expect us to do it in the same position. And instead of us getting a goal kick, it led directly to a sending off and a goal.

I also don't buy this about Basso feigning injury. I don't know what it was - and I suspect we'll never know, but to me Basso clearly had a problem of some sort in the first half. He was right in front of us then so easier to see. Henderson was warming up on a couple of occasions, Basso was signalling to the bench, he was holding his head and sqautting down, and the bench threw bottles of water out to him. No idea what it was all about but he looked unhappy about something, and the bench seemed to have some concerns. I agree that makes GJs comments even stranger - but there you go, just the way I saw it!!

Not very sporting though was it. I am sorry but I hope you are relegated at the end of the season. Nothing against you just HATE Forest with a passion. The sooner all your fans take :chant6ez: it in that you are no longer famous and face up to reality the better. Hope United do you on Monday.

You'll notice that Gunter initially wasn't going to close down the ball...however when it became clear that McAllister was taking the piss by letting a near stationary ball just trickle out of play he decided to close him down. He was given ample time to clear it but he chose to dawdle and consequently it was no surprise what Gunter did.

Also I think you'll find that the vast majority of Forest fans realise that we're pretty rubbish these days, I know I'm one of them.

listening to GJ on world he's not happy with Basso ....

" we don't need to do what we did at 2 - 1 up, and behave in an unprofessional manner "

" i don't want our keeper going down, or defender kicking it out, we let the others do that "

any odds on Henderson starting tomorrow ??

:tumbleweed:

:city: The player who took the throw in was taking the piss and should have thrown it out for a goal kick,McAllister jogged to the ball hoping that it would go out but it didn't so he had to clear it by which time he was closed down (unsporting) resulting in him getting sent off and a goal for Forest. I know that if it had happened the other way around then Forest fans would be calling us Cheats.

Guest ashtonyate
:city: The player who took the throw in was taking the piss and should have thrown it out for a goal kick,McAllister jogged to the ball hoping that it would go out but it didn't so he had to clear it by which time he was closed down (unsporting) resulting in him getting sent off and a goal for Forest. I know that if it had happened the other way around then Forest fans would be calling us Cheats.

I have never liked the idea that you kick the ball back Its up to the ref to stop the game if I was Johnson I would tell ever CC club we will not return the ball and stop it in its tracks

You'll notice that Gunter initially wasn't going to close down the ball...however when it became clear that McAllister was taking the piss by letting a near stationary ball just trickle out of play he decided to close him down. He was given ample time to clear it but he chose to dawdle and consequently it was no surprise what Gunter did.

Also I think you'll find that the vast majority of Forest fans realise that we're pretty rubbish these days, I know I'm one of them.

Agree 100%, listening on the radio it sounded as if he threw the ball straight at McAllister who couldnt get out of the way and subsequently brought him down!

Having seen it i don't think there is anything wrong with what he did, McAllister wasn't trying to see if it was going for a goal kick at all, he was taking the piss.

likelyhood of Henderson starting tomorrow?? Not a chance

Having just watched it, anyone think it all looked a bit farcical? Like something out of a panto?! Very strange. Don't quite know what to make of it all.

Firstly, if Basso wasn't injured or didn't have cramp, then wtf was he doing faking it?! Don't see why McAllister kicking it out where he did is a problem, if he genuinely believed Basso had a problem then why not get it out a.s.a.p. Gunter should probably have thrown it back to Basso, (in all likelihood he would have smashed it upfield anyway), he didn't he threw it into space, which is fair enough, and it did seem like McAllister was dawdling a bit, panicked when he saw Gunter, whacked it, it hit Gunter and McAllister looked like he stuck out a leg to bring Gunter down, yellow card, fair enough.

Still not sure I agree with Gunter charging it down, sportsmanship and all that, but they needed a win, and there is nothing in the rules saying he can't charge it down.

Anyway, I thought McAllister's first booking was a bit ropey, not sure that was a yellow card, and if he hadn't got that one, the second yellow becomes redundant. They still might have scored from the free kick though. Ah well, we'll never know.

And note to Gary Johnson, never buy a fella called Iain Turner, who claims to be a goalkeeper. Looked a bit shakey did old Iain.

:disapointed2se: When it comes down to it Forest scored from a free kick which was not defended well enough; what ever caused that free kick would of mattered not if we had defended better; hey we could of even broken away and scored.

Bottom line is we havent been up to it for a few games now whatever excuses come out; i.e Basso, Referee, cheating etc; move on.

don't beat around the bush, say what you mean :unsure::laugh:

:disapointed2se: When it comes down to it Forest scored from a free kick which was not defended well enough; what ever caused that free kick would of mattered not if we had defended better; hey we could of even broken away and scored.

Bottom line is we havent been up to it for a few games now whatever excuses come out; i.e Basso, Referee, cheating etc; move on.

We lost the game ourselves on Saturday whatever Forest may have done. They were naughty, there's no doubt about it, but if we were in their position we would be expecting Orr to do exactly the same thing that Gunter did - let's not kid ourselves. McAllister didn't have to commit a stupid foul and get sent off, we didn't have to go to sleep at the resulting free kick and McCombe didn't have to cushion the ball beautifully for Blackstock to volley the winner having already allowed Earnshaw to tackle him in our penalty area for the first equaliser.

Any other explanation is just making excuses for our shortcomings on the day.

Archived