IGNORED

Henderson

JMBCFC

As an ex-keeper myself what I liked about Henderson was that he was POSITIVE in everything he did. He came off his line quickly, you could hear him communicating clearly with the back four and even when he half fumbled the cross second half, the fact that he came a long way and was positive meant that it bounced nicely for him to pick up. Defenders like to play in front of keepers with that mentality. I think that Henderson should be given the last three games now.

Basso is not going to learn anything new by playing in them and will still be a good keeper at the start of next season whereas the experience of playing in a big game at Swansea and a potentially massive game (for the home side) at Burnley in potentially hostile environments will give Henderson the sort of fantastic footballing education that money cannot buy.

If you watched the Birmingham v Wolves game you would have realised that Hennesey is no better at commanding his area than Basso is. Just look at Jerome's first goal.

your right, i was going to say that was only 1 game, but ive also just seen some of the goals he let in for wales and i take it back

As an ex-keeper myself what I liked about Henderson was that he was POSITIVE in everything he did. He came off his line quickly, you could hear him communicating clearly with the back four and even when he half fumbled the cross second half, the fact that he came a long way and was positive meant that it bounced nicely for him to pick up. Defenders like to play in front of keepers with that mentality. I think that Henderson should be given the last three games now.

Basso is not going to learn anything new by playing in them and will still be a good keeper at the start of next season whereas the experience of playing in a big game at Swansea and a potentially massive game (for the home side) at Burnley in potentially hostile environments will give Henderson the sort of fantastic footballing education that money cannot buy.

Have to agree with you there Greebo, Positivity is key with your man between the sticks.

Basso is positive in his shot stopping ability and his always believe motto but I don't really think that he is positive on crosses. He's better than Phillips by a mile that's for sure but Weale is better again. For whatever the reason is as well Basso's kicking has always been a major problem. I remember at the start of the season when Weale had a run out his kicking was pinpointing Adebola every time. Yes it's not pretty but if it works then use it a.la. Stoke's Rory Delap and his freak throw. It's not an attractive method but it gets the ball in there so they do it.

Interesting times ahead indeed. Many have said that it would be more logical to offload Basso at 34 for a tidy fee confident in our other two keepers and use the money to address other positions such as the wings or that illusive extra man in midfield. I have to agree with these posters.

Agreed,

Thing that stood out for me was as soon as Ipswich had a free kick, he was very quick to yell at his defense and organise a wall. Not something you see often in a 20 year old keeper.

I personally rate Basso very highly, but on yesterdays showing, henderson is a better kicker and communicator.

Archived