IGNORED

Sulky Post Match Interview From Gj

dezgimed

My disappointment came more from our tactics again. We keep conceding after sitting back and inviting the pressure on ourselves. I can't see how dropping Nicky Maynard back to form a five man midfield and playing Styvar up top on his own will do anything but encourage pressure. Every time we clear a ball the opposition have time to build again because there's no pressure on their players in their half. It keeps happening at home this season and we don't seem to learn.

My disappointment came more from our tactics again. We keep conceding after sitting back and inviting the pressure on ourselves. I can't see how dropping Nicky Maynard back to form a five man midfield and playing Styvar up top on his own will do anything but encourage pressure. Every time we clear a ball the opposition have time to build again because there's no pressure on their players in their half. It keeps happening at home this season and we don't seem to learn.

Careful - you are questioning GJs tactics here (like for me his insistence on 11 defending corners and freekicks (most of the time) even when we are at home!!) and that is not really allowed on this forum :bruce_h4h:

Careful - you are questioning GJs tactics here (like for me his insistence on 11 defending corners and freekicks (most of the time) even when we are at home!!) and that is not really allowed on this forum :bruce_h4h:

Think I may have got away with it my warn % is still 0.

Don't know what to think of this season. On one hand I always thought it would be tougher than last year and around Xmas had real fears we would be in a relegation battle. So I'm delighted we'll finish comfortably mid table. On the other hand there have been so many games this season where I really haven't enjoyed the way we played and come away disappointed in the lack of quality we've shown. I guess it's just that I can't recall many games where I've gone home excited at the match and our tactics this season have contributed towards that.

Think I may have got away with it my warn % is still 0.

Don't know what to think of this season. On one hand I always thought it would be tougher than last year and around Xmas had real fears we would be in a relegation battle. So I'm delighted we'll finish comfortably mid table. On the other hand there have been so many games this season where I really haven't enjoyed the way we played and come away disappointed in the lack of quality we've shown. I guess it's just that I can't recall many games where I've gone home excited at the match and our tactics this season have contributed towards that.

Mr Ed - I've felt that way about the last four seasons mate. Yep the Promotion season and even last year. Overall it's been a great success story and I'm very grateful but we do seem to claw our way to a result. Not sure many teams come to AG thniking that if they don't perform they'll get hammered.

Archived