IGNORED

Bristol City - Championshiop Playoff Finalists 2007/2008 Painting

boadle

Wanted to mention this before our last home game...

I'm informed by the club that there remain a very small handful of prints in the club shop of my painting entitled 'Bristol City - Championshiop Playoff Finalists 2008'.

Priced at £50, the painting is mixed media Limited Edition, reproduced to the highest standards on premium quality paper, beautifully glazed, framed and mounted. It features the key players of that dramatic season, set against a Wembley backdrop, and makes an attractive talking point to any room.

For those who would like to see it, the painting is situated behind the counter in the City Megastore.

loresfinalsample.jpg

Detail:

detail1.jpg

detail2.jpg

detail3.jpg

detail4.jpg

detail5.jpg

I do like the GJ portrait, looks a bit like one of those heroic worker Stalinist images from the 30's/40's.

Joe Stalin's Red Army achieved ultimate victory, a great pity that Bristol's Red Army often snatches draws from the jaws of victory these days. BCFC 1 Shitswich 1, with Shitswich getting a penalty in the last minute. :noexpression:

To misquote Uncle Joe Stalin: "A single home draw is a tragedy, twelve home draws is an horrendous promotion denying statistic.".........

stalin.jpg

Why is Trunds the only one with his back shown, summat to do with image rights ?

I do like the GJ portrait, looks a bit like one of those heroic worker Stalinist images from the 30's/40's.

I chose all those scenes because they represented - for me at least - key moments for the team and for the players concerned. The Trundle moment was that sweet left foot finish he scored (but I can't remember off the top of my head who it was against) :)

Certainly, the communist iconography was an inspiration for me, as was Drew Struzans movie posters of the eighties.

I chose all those scenes because they represented - for me at least - key moments for the team and for the players concerned. The Trundle moment was that sweet left foot finish he scored (but I can't remember off the top of my head who it was against) :)

Certainly, the communist iconography was an inspiration for me, as was Drew Struzans movie posters of the eighties.

You could represent this season's disappointment with the iconic image of Stalin below pointing his finger. There'll certainly be a lot of finger pointing and blame apportionment after all this season's home draw fiascos.....

stalin.jpg

Archived