IGNORED

Other Club's Shirts At Our Ground

Project Nibor

I Spotted a Liverpool and West Ham shirt in the Gate yesterday.

Both worn by little kids, and not saying they were in the wrong because their only little kids.

But surly the parents, or people that brought them along should know better.

To me it would be like going to watch an England game at Wembley, and letting your boy wear a France or Spain shirt. Just not right.

I Spotted a Liverpool and West Ham shirt in the Gate yesterday.

Both worn by little kids, and not saying they were in the wrong because their only little kids.

But surly the parents, or people that brought them along should know better.

To me it would be like going to watch an England game at Wembley, and letting your boy wear a France or Spain shirt. Just not right.

I watched the Luton v Scunny LDV Final on TV and seen a Luton "fan"....wearing a Man U top!

shocking!

There was a man in a AC Milan shirt wandering about in the Dolman yesterday

:disapointed2se:

i don't mind foreign shirts at City games, I have worn my Wisa Krakow shirt a few times after watching they play on Hol, thought it still is red, End of the day as long as those young Kid's are down the Gate on a sat there Parents have got one thing right, But yea why buy the shirt if your not going to watch them. After the revolution and I'm in charge. All people not supporting the club where they were born, will be banned from all Public services I think thats only fair.

As long as they are at the Gate and their parents have shelled out the cash then I don't see a great problem. As they get older and fancy going to games with their mates and having a laugh they will be wearing City shirts, make no mistake.

Save your anger for the thousands of complete t0$$er$ in Bristol who do not support either club in this City in any way whatsoever but claim to be fans of Man Utd, Chelski, Arsenal and Liverpool and would be seen wearing the gold of Wolves if they happened to win the Premier League next season - those are the scumbags who do nothing for football in this City. The sort of ###### I'm talking about is the one who wouldn't lower themselves to watch Championship or League 1 football and yet knows sweet FA about the game that doesn't come directly from Andy Gray's gob.

As long as they are at the Gate and their parents have shelled out the cash then I don't see a great problem. As they get older and fancy going to games with their mates and having a laugh they will be wearing City shirts, make no mistake.

Save your anger for the thousands of complete t0$$er$ in Bristol who do not support either club in this City in any way whatsoever but claim to be fans of Man Utd, Chelski, Arsenal and Liverpool and would be seen wearing the gold of Wolves if they happened to win the Premier League next season - those are the scumbags who do nothing for football in this City. The sort of ###### I'm talking about is the one who wouldn't lower themselves to watch Championship or League 1 football and yet knows sweet FA about the game that doesn't come directly from Andy Gray's gob.

WHAT!?

There's two? :noexpression:

This is just a common sense thing.

As far as parents are concerned you'd think they'd try to make the kids not wear the top that day but kids love wearing their team's top and if they're going to football it probably seems extra important to wear your football top. The fact it's a different team probably doesn't compute in a 5 year old's mind.

As for the club - as long as it's not going to cause trouble (league or local rival) then just leave it. Let them pay their money, let them have fun and hopefully they'll start to worry more about City in the future.

i once wore a city shirt to a Peterborugh home game not against City (former season ticket holder there as my dads a Posh fan.) On the way out the ground someone shouted out 'were s**t' which at the time we were in league 1 must have been about 8 years ago. In there you used to see all the big 4 teams and foreign shirts.

Whenever i go to AG don't really notice anyone with another teams shirt on apart from on one occasion saw an oldish (20s/30s) in a Man utd shirt but thats been about it.

I remember at Palace away last season (the league game, not the play-off game) I saw someone in the away end wearing a Leicester City shirt! I thought that was weird. Not just the same country, but the same league! :blink:

I don't have a problem with foreign shirts. They're not really direct competitors with City like Man Utd, Chelsea etc.

It's not just kids that wear other teams shirts. I often seen grown men wearing man u, Liverpool and Arsenal kits down there. Tbh I feel they shouldn't be allowed into the ground if wearing another teams top.

Personally, I'd like to see more people wearing the retro City tops. So much more style than the modern day versions, and without some corporate crap written across the middle. I've never understood why so many fans (of all teams) feel compelled to always shell out £40+ on a new top everytime the club releases one. They're a complete rip off and are made from poor quality material. The retro ones are timeless. Just my own feeling though.

Btw, I think when the younger kids get a little older and have finally decided that City really is the only team worth supporting, I'm sure they'll consign other teams' kits to the bin!

Well said and totally agree.

I know several so called Bristolians who rather than support City or Rovers support Liverpool, Man utd etc, they are not real fans of these clubs as far as I'm concerned.

I have no problem with children wearing Man U shirts etc down the gate, at the end of the day they are there supporting City so who cares, eventually they will pester Daddy for a City shirt.

Grown ups should know better though and any seen should be made to sit in the Williams!

Guilty as Charged... although it was a gift from my good lady so surely I can't take all the blame... :innocent06:

And it's not that I particularly like Milan, just a big fan of Becks as sad as that may be!

There was and didn't he have Beckham 23 on the back? hmmm Beckhams 32 at Milan!!!

You must be cross eyed mate, it definately has 32 on the back!

Also saw a Barca top being worn in there. Not sure who it had on the back. Maybe Ronaldinho 10 but not to sure.

I wore my "Maradona 10" Barcelona shirt to the Cardiff game - Though to be fair I did come straight from the airport after my holiday there to the game and it was under my coat and I felt a little bit foolish even then.

I very rarely wear a shirt to games but don't understand why someone else would wear another English teams shirt to a game seems strange but each to their own.

At least they were at the game I suppose.

Why were you not

A) in the east end ?

or

B) Watching the action on the pitch??

anyhow, back on topic.....

i once wore my city shirt down the mem. It was g*s vs Wycombe on 2nd may 2001, quite happily joined in with wycombe fans, whilst celebrating the demise of the g*s, the night they got relegated to the basement.

Why were you not

A) in the east end ?

or

anyhow, back on topic.....

i once wore my city shirt down the mem. It was g*s vs Wycombe on 2nd may 2001, quite happily joined in with wycombe fans, whilst celebrating the demise of the g*s, the night they got relegated to the basement.

I wore my City shirt to the pre-season friendly at Swindon last season, and sat in the Swindon end with my mates, that was amusing...

I cant remember what game i went to, or where, but there was one match i went to and there were strict rules that if you were wearing another teams shirt you werent allowed in!

After the revolution and I'm in charge. All people not supporting the club where they were born, will be banned from all Public services I think thats only fair.

Noooooo!!!!!!!

I only moved to Bristol when I was 21 and even then had no interest in football until I was early 30's. Please don't make me support an awful south coast team, they wear green for god sakes!!!

I feel sorry for them. It must be really hard not belonging anywhere. I have to live abroad and thats bad enough.

Why were you not

A) in the east end ?

or

A) Yes I was but I was sat right at the front as I had the child I look after with me, and hes too heavy to lug up the stairs, plus he wouldnt be able to see.

B) It was at half time, and I think I'm allowed to avert my eyes in such instances.

Is that ok with you sir? :icecream:

A) Yes I was but I was sat right at the front as I had the child I look after with me, and hes too heavy to lug up the stairs, plus he wouldnt be able to see.

B) It was at half time, and I think I'm allowed to avert my eyes in such instances.

Is that ok with you sir? :icecream:

:yes: ok you are excused.

What a pathetic thread.

If children come to a game then they want to feel part of it!! They will wear a football shirt. These are the fans of the future so embrace them.

As for AC Milan shirts etc... erm, bothered... they've paid to get in and give money to the club.

Archived