IGNORED

Negative Ambrose Reviews

internetjef

few people including myself have mentioned daren ambrose could be a potential good signing this summer. After reading this series of posts on charlton board perhaps we should reconsider.

http://www.BBC.co.uk/dna/606/F13116779?thr...460&show=50

granted they were hardly going to sing his praises as they have had a terrible season but a lot of posters here all saying the same thing, while being complimentary about some other players.

Sounds like he is poor out wide and only really effective in the midldle, or possibly in the 'hole'. Also sounds like he doesnt have much workrate. starting to sound like a bit of a Noble type player to me and we all know how well he has fitted into GJs plans.

maybe he wouldnt be the best after all, and would prob still want big wages

few people including myself have mentioned daren ambrose could be a potential good signing this summer. After reading this series of posts on charlton board perhaps we should reconsider.

http://www.BBC.co.uk/dna/606/F13116779?thr...460&show=50

granted they were hardly going to sing his praises as they have had a terrible season but a lot of posters here all saying the same thing, while being complimentary about some other players.

Sounds like he is poor out wide and only really effective in the midldle, or possibly in the 'hole'. Also sounds like he doesnt have much workrate. starting to sound like a bit of a Noble type player to me and we all know how well he has fitted into GJs plans.

maybe he wouldnt be the best after all, and would prob still want big wages

He definately is a player we should leave alone at all costs. Yes he has ability, but he doesn't appear to be focused on football, a bit like Michael Owen, the talent is there but doesn't have any fire in his belly to succeeed any longer.

The only thing in Ambrose favour is his name, managers will always be looking at signing him up thinking they will be the ones to get the best out of him, but if the desire is gone then you end up with another Tony Dinning on the books.

I wouldnt take to much notice of what fans

on forums say about their players.

Imagine if your a fan of another club who happen to

be interested in Lee Johnson!!

You come onto this forum and ask if hes any good or not?

After about 50 replys what would you be thinking

Best midfielder in england after Gerrard and Lamps

or The biggest waste of space ever(unless your taking his dad as well) :innocent06:

I still think hes worth a gamble. He was a regular in the Premier League not that long ago so I'm sure he still has the abaility, as we saw with Elliot its all about getting the best out of a player. He is still has youth on his side aswell which is a big plus, the question is how much would we get him for?

Some good points made

my only concern is that a few posters there sited lack of pace. Thats not motivation related, your either fast or your not.

I had been touting him as an idea for right wing but if hes got no pace then no thanks.

Maybe still potentially worth a gamble in centre mid, but i think a combination of garys preference for LJ, the emergence of williams (and possible long term of artus) will lead to that position not being addressed any time soon.

Looking at another potential signing thats been touted, Lee Croft, you get much more divided opinion. However other info i have seen suggests he will re-sign at norwich unless they go down, and some 'bigger' teams may be interested ahead of us if they do.

http://www.BBC.co.uk/dna/606/A49503981

Archived