IGNORED

Jamie's Big Blunder...

boadle

I'm as annoyed as anyone by McCallister's aggression and the cards he picks up too frequently. However, I'm slightly puzzled by GJ saying he doesn't want his keeper to go down with cramp, nor his fullback to kick the ball out ("let the ref stop play").

I know it's academic now, but had the ref stopped play with the ball in Basso's hands, he would surely have to restart with a drop ball... right on our penalty spot. Even more dangerous.

Bit annoying the way they charged down the throw-in, but Jamie had time to deal with it, and we'd have loved it if one of ours had shown that initiative when we are staring at relegation.

• Admin
I know it's academic now, but had the ref stopped play with the ball in Basso's hands, he would surely have to restart with a drop ball... right on our penalty spot. Even more dangerous.

He would, but it would not be challenged - usually just play on with the ball with the keeper.

Not sure how much fault it was of McAllister considering Gunter never actually threw the ball to him - it was a good 10 feet away

It was Gunter who took the throw so he couldn't touch the ball anyway until someone else did so why JM even worried about him closing down god only knows

As for Basso's cramp???????........well he is Brazillian so it comes naturaly I guess but GJ is correct all he had to do is hold his hand up and let the ref sort it out

At the end of the day they are both seasoned proffesionals (only a couple of weeks ago JM was in International squad FCS) so they should not have panicked like they did which ultimately cost us the game

From GJ Monday post match comments on Radio Bristol I think Basso is not his most favourite player right now

It was Gunter who took the throw so he couldn't touch the ball anyway until someone else did so why JM even worried about him closing down god only knows

As for Basso's cramp???????........well he is Brazillian so it comes naturaly I guess but GJ is correct all he had to do is hold his hand up and let the ref sort it out

At the end of the day they are both seasoned proffesionals (only a couple of weeks ago JM was in International squad FCS) so they should not have panicked like they did which ultimately cost us the game

From GJ Monday post match comments on Radio Bristol I think Basso is not his most favourite player right now

Was a 'taxi for Basso' moment, wasn't it!

Archived