IGNORED

Mcindoe

BCFC_Dan

There seems to be a general agreement that McIndoe has (a) been less effective this season and (b) comes inside too often for a winger.

Against Ipswich I certainly didn't think he was lacking in effort or endeavour but he certainly didn't stay out wide on the left - indeed he appeared on the right a number of times, especially after Williams went off.

It occurs to me that we seem to have two major problems with the midfield at the moment. One that McIndoe doesn't stay wide enough, and two that we don't have enough creativity/drive in the centre. That leads me to wonder if it wouldn't be possible to kill two birds with one stone by moving McIndoe to an attacking central role and signing a genuine, pacy left winger (who that might be I don't know)

McIndoe seems to have the work rate that Johnson demands of a midfielder and has a bit more in terms of forward drive and quick thinking than Lee Johnson does.

Could this be a solution?

There seems to be a general agreement that McIndoe has (a) been less effective this season and (b) comes inside too often for a winger.

Against Ipswich I certainly didn't think he was lacking in effort or endeavour but he certainly didn't stay out wide on the left - indeed he appeared on the right a number of times, especially after Williams went off.

It occurs to me that we seem to have two major problems with the midfield at the moment. One that McIndoe doesn't stay wide enough, and two that we don't have enough creativity/drive in the centre. That leads me to wonder if it wouldn't be possible to kill two birds with one stone by moving McIndoe to an attacking central role and signing a genuine, pacy left winger (who that might be I don't know)

McIndoe seems to have the work rate that Johnson demands of a midfielder and has a bit more in terms of forward drive and quick thinking than Lee Johnson does.

Could this be a solution?

It would be a start. But never possible LJ doesn't get dropped.

But never possible LJ doesn't get dropped.

People are arguing about LJ not getting dropped but when he got injured last season we went on that really bad run it was february time and as soon as he returned from injury the bad run stopped we were missing him in the centre. But i agree he hasnt has his best season but not everyone has a perfect season.

I agree with McIndoe Moving into a centre attacking role that could be a solution :fingerscrossed:

McIndoe lacks the vision to play centrally, he runs with his head down and misses obvious passes.

I think he's only inside because he's told to be - I'd just change that instruction and tell him to get down the wing and get the ball in.

I don't think he can do that either though, he lacks the pace or skill to beat a fullback, instead if he recieves it out wide he just cuts inside a lays it off into the middle.

MM avoids tackles even when he's 70:30 on to win the ball never mind 50:50!! far too lightweight for a key central role - and, as others have said, lacks the vision to be carried as a playmaker (which might otherwise compensate for his unwillingness to engage in physical combat!!). IMO if he can't / won't do a job out wide then he's toast!

The guy's only got one foot.....

Watch him closely and you will see how many oportunities for a good pass he ignores because it would mean using his right peg......same goes for shots at goal...think how many times we see him run across the front of oppo's defence all because he just will not use his right peg

And before anyone says "Tins only had a left foot" ....MM is NO Tinman...and also Tins would use his right from time to time...not to much effect agreed but he would use it MM just will not

I don't think he can do that either though, he lacks the pace or skill to beat a fullback, instead if he recieves it out wide he just cuts inside a lays it off into the middle.

I don't think he ever really receives it out wide at the moment, he's tucked in too much so never really gets the full back on the back foot. Yeah he doesn't beat people much but his left foot is good enough to get a cross in anyway - or at least it was before this season - but too often he receives the ball too central so under pressure from more than one opponent.

Archived