IGNORED

Who Has Been Our Best Player(s) This Season?

irishreds

Hmmn interesting - Elliott and Carey have been injured all year, full backs have been the same old same old, Basso has been good but not jaw droppingly good, Maynard hasnt hit the heights, Adebola has only been playing well since xmas, that leaves us with McIndoe - no chance, not for me, LJ,Skuse and Fontaine, LJ and Skuse have been alright leaving Fontaine as the only other contender.

Fonts or Basso but in a season that haven't produced stand out performances and stand out performers.

Take your pick - I'm not fussed.

When he has been on the pitch and I will admit that he probably has not got enough match time to warrant it over the season, but, I would suggest Gavin Williams. Dele has been dependable. Bradley rarely lets us down.

Overall my vote goes to Louis Carey - closely followed by Gavin Williams with Cole Skuse/Fonts as joint young(ish) players of the season.

We aren't the same without CAREY in the side, but I think he's probably missed a few too many games this season for the award. I would say he's our most important player, but would have to give the awrad to FONTAINE this season.

1.) Fontaine

2.) Carey

3.) Adebola

This is a tricky one for me, and I was going to wait until the end of the season before commenting but since it's on here now...

I'd agree with most people on here and go for Fontaine because he's been so consistent and has got stronger as the season's gone on. He was truly outstanding on that rain soaked evening in Plymouth back in January.

Carey has missed a few games through niggling injuries but in my opinion we never look the same without him in the team. He is the Mr Dependable and Mr Composure!

I became a Dele-convert after seeing him at Palace in November, and for me since then he's led our attack as well as he possibly could, particularly away from home. A few more goals would be nice.

Gavin Williams, once he finally got a run in the team, has been a breath of fresh air for me. He offers something different in midfield. Holds the ball up well, and delivers the simple pass. Reads the game better than anyone in the side. Would love to have seen a full season of him and Marv in central midfield.

Basso, invaluable again, but has also made a lot of silly mistakes this season which I don't remember him making last.

So, in order: Fontaine, Dele, Williams.

NB: Maynard has shown real promise and has a fine shot on him. He certainly learnt, after he was dropped for a few games at around October/November time, that you have to be a lot tougher and a lot more physical in this league to get you're own way. But, he should have scored more than 11 goals. He's missed a hell of a lot of chances. Still, I guess at least he's having some impact. I expect 20 goals at least from him next season.

Would say Fontaines the only player that has been consistent all season so got to be him for me. Followed by Orr who has been excellent defensively but still needs to work on his distrubution. Adebola third been good this season scored goals and is always a handfull.

Archived