IGNORED

Back Home After Watching Game

stroudy

Rite thought I would give my 2 pennies on todays game.

Personally I thought the whole team looked very disjointed in the first, Maynard wasn't involved anywhere near enough as he was pushed out wide the majority of the first half. I thought Fonts handled Scotland very well and based on the last 2 games I would give Izzy at least a year.

In truth it was a fairly poor game with neither side able to create a clear cut chance of there own without someone making a mistake.

On the match report on BCFC world it stated Mccombe was taken off due to his 3rd minute booking, to be honest I thought it was because of his performance. Had he not let Monk get in front of him for the Swansea goal this would not have been a defeat, saying that it was a good finish.

To me some of the players seemed dis-interested for the first half and a half time talking to seemed to spur us on.

I think the club as a whole has had a pretty decent season.

I think the game next Saturday will give us a very clear indication of who will be going in the summer......watch out for players doing the rounds at the end of the game.

Forgot to say I know he has his critics but LJ was one of the best players today.

Rite thought I would give my 2 pennies on todays game.

Personally I thought the whole team looked very disjointed in the first, Maynard wasn't involved anywhere near enough as he was pushed out wide the majority of the first half. I thought Fonts handled Scotland very well and based on the last 2 games I would give Izzy at least a year.

In truth it was a fairly poor game with neither side able to create a clear cut chance of there own without someone making a mistake.

On the match report on BCFC world it stated Mccombe was taken off due to his 3rd minute booking, to be honest I thought it was because of his performance. Had he not let Monk get in front of him for the Swansea goal this would not have been a defeat, saying that it was a good finish.

To me some of the players seemed dis-interested for the first half and a half time talking to seemed to spur us on.

I think the club as a whole has had a pretty decent season.

I think the game next Saturday will give us a very clear indication of who will be going in the summer......watch out for players doing the rounds at the end of the game.

Forgot to say I know he has his critics but LJ was one of the best players today.

Thans for the review.

However on just hearing the match report from Hoskins the worrying aspect "again" is that the Swans goalie appears to have been under utilised. Iresspective of who played well, it concerns me that we do not appear to create enough and this has been a theme for a lot of the season.

Thans for the review.

However on just hearing the match report from Hoskins the worrying aspect "again" is that the Swans goalie appears to have been under utilised. Iresspective of who played well, it concerns me that we do not appear to create enough and this has been a theme for a lot of the season.

Yep I agree he didnt. The only real save he made was from a Gav Williams 25ydr in the second half......and too be honest I'm not so sure it was going in. Dele had a half chance that he put wide and Ashley Williams made a good block from Gav again near the end.....other than that we didn't threaten. I can't say we had one clear cut chance!

But we didn't really play a team to create lots of chances

Yep I agree he didnt. The only real save he made was from a Gav Williams 25ydr in the second half......and too be honest I'm not so sure it was going in. Dele had a half chance that he put wide and Ashley Williams made a good block from Gav again near the end.....other than that we didn't threaten. I can't say we had one clear cut chance!

Your last line speaks volumes for me and why I think that fans continualy demanding striker and after striker is not the whole answer from what needs to change. And although the debate as often decended into perosnailities in the midfield until we create chance after chance its hard to blame the strike force. Certianly Derby away they were to blame but there hasn't been to many games where this has been the case, yes we miss chances but no striker is going to give you for example a 75% return ratio to chances, most quality strikers will give you a 1 in 3 chance strike rate. And I'm not sure we giveing our strikers that opportunity certianly from what you report that was not the case today.

Thanks

Your last line speaks volumes for me and why I think that fans continualy demanding striker and after striker is not the whole answer from what needs to change. And although the debate as often decended into perosnailities in the midfield until we create chance after chance its hard to blame the strike force. Certianly Derby away they were to blame but there hasn't been to many games where this has been the case, yes we miss chances but no striker is going to give you for example a 75% return ratio to chances, most quality strikers will give you a 1 in 3 chance strike rate. And I'm not sure we giveing our strikers that opportunity certianly from what you report that was not the case today.

Thanks

Agree with what u are saying but lets not forget Swansea have a very good home record and we set up to counter act the ability of there players, whilst I believe to nick a goal on the break.

At this stage of the season whether it would of been better going all out to get the win I'm not sure, after all as minimal a chance as it was we still had a shot at the play offs.

Izzy as I have stated was a plus from the game and I'm sure GJ now has a better idea of who really wants to stay or not.

I understand we have been on a bad run but I hope the majority of people take a sensible view on the game today and not over react after all we are still in the top ten.

Agree with what u are saying but lets not forget Swansea have a very good home record and we set up to counter act the ability of there players, whilst I believe to nick a goal on the break.

At this stage of the season whether it would of been better going all out to get the win I'm not sure, after all as minimal a chance as it was we still had a shot at the play offs.

Izzy as I have stated was a plus from the game and I'm sure GJ now has a better idea of who really wants to stay or not.

I understand we have been on a bad run but I hope the majority of people take a sensible view on the game today and not over react after all we are still in the top ten.

Just to clarify, I'm not just talking about today's game but the season to date as a whole. Today's fixture was always a tough one on paper, having been there at the infamous 7-1 I know that only to well! Swansea have had a great season and play the game the "right" way and I agree it would be totaly wrong to over react based on today's result.

McIndoe also had the free kick in the first half that the goalie did well to parry away.

On a slightly different note, I noticed we set our team up to stiffle Swansea, I'd rather we'd play our players in their correct positions and let Swansea worry about us.

Maynard was useless on the left side of midfield, Mcindoe(only got a left foot) was stuck on the right, and we were far too narrow to cause any problems down either flank !

I did think we improved when Gavin Williams came on and also when Sproule came on. It basically meant McIndoe was then pushed out to the left wing, sproule was on the right which gave us more width, and Williams was in his favoured central midfield role.

Instead of fannying around with players and their positions, we should play all players in their favoured positions and then look to improve the weak areas over the summer.

Archived