IGNORED

Player Of The Season

Jordan Tansley

Well, now the season is mathmatically over there is nothing much to talk about really. selections are pretty unimportant right now and that seems to be all is discussed :S

So I thought i'd ask who everyone thinks has been our 1)most consistent and importnat player?

2)Who has been the worst player that has performed worst this season?

3)who has shown most improvements over the course of the season/since last season?

I'll start!

1) Liam Fontaine. The fella has shown exactly why we got him from the prem. he reminds me of Rio just a little bit but also has the ability to put himself infront of a shot like Jamie Carragher. His arial ability has improved no end this season and his performances have been a joy to watch. I thought it would be a while before we had a centre back who's name would be before Louis' but Liam is that player for me. I would be shocked if Fonts didnt play high end Premier League football in his career. he has the ability to progress into one of the counties best centrehalves.

well done Liam.

2) Jamie Mccombe. The fella is a legend, no doubting that. a cult hero in his spell here. But there is only so much of him we can afford to withstand at this level, his inabilty with the ball at his feet it massively detrimental to the teams style of play and effectiveness as a unit. I personally don't see how he can be rated higher than Vasko or Webster, It is no coincidence that our awesome run of form coincided with his injury and that our return to mediocre football came when he returned. I would be very interested to read how many games we have won, drawn and lost with him in the side compared to those without him in the side this season, I get the feeling i wouldn't be suprised!

3)Lee Johnson. Right the issue will remain as to whether he should be here, or indeed in the line up. that however is not what i am discussing. The lad has added something to his game this year, and fair play to him for trying to develop himself. He has shown a greater willingness to get into the opposition half and area, he has also added width to his game. i do think he could do a job on the right wing as his brighter spells in the Red and White have been linking with brad down there. maybe him and GW could swap? Anyway, LJ has put in more challenges, had more shots and tried to be more creative in possession this season, so much so that my opinion of him has changed. well done LJ, although there is still room for improvement in your position i feel you have developed a lot in 12 months.

so, shoot... could be interesting to hear what people have thought over the course of the season :)

1 = Fontaine, first class

2 = Johnson, the need and expectations of a player in his position is something he rarely lives up to

3 = Skuse, the way he stepped up in the absense of elliott was inspiring and personally i didn't think he had it in him - well done skuuuuuuusssssee

Firstly I think it should be Fonts.

3)Lee Johnson. i do think he could do a job on the right wing as his brighter spells in the Red and White have been linking with brad down there. maybe him and GW could swap?

Glad you mentioned that, cos the few times he has played on the right or appeared out there, he seems to be more effective...

Without a doubt, Fontaine has matured in leaps and bounds. One of our most important players for the future.

Most disappointing for me has been McIndoe. He simply has not lived up to the promise of last season.

Most improved for me would have to be Skuse. Last season, I wouldn't have rated him above Johnson, but I do now.

Firstly I think it should be Fonts.

Glad you mentioned that, cos the few times he has played on the right or appeared out there, he seems to be more effective...

It's something that isn't discussed, which considering just how much we all love to talk about LJ is somewhat baffling.

I think it's something to consider for GJ, if he trusts LJ and really wants to pick him( which i don't have a problem with) then why not give him a go on the right? I mean Nobes did well there, and Williams is far too good a central midfielder to be playing outside.

it would be nice to see how much quality he could add to the delivery as well, seeing as people say he has that in his locker?

Been chatting about this in work.. Fonts would have been my first choice, but some colleagues were putting in a really strong case for Adebola?

I can see why Big D has been mentioned, hs scored a few vital goals, Southampton away, Wolves home and Reading away are just a few games I can think of.

It's something that isn't discussed, which considering just how much we all love to talk about LJ is somewhat baffling.

I think it's something to consider for GJ, if he trusts LJ and really wants to pick him( which i don't have a problem with) then why not give him a go on the right? I mean Nobes did well there, and Williams is far too good a central midfielder to be playing outside.

it would be nice to see how much quality he could add to the delivery as well, seeing as people say he has that in his locker?

Would you have your right winger picking up the ball from the back 4 though?

Also, I don't think his delivery is good enough from wider positions to improve the chances of our strikers.

He's not going to beat a man either.

I think he will remain a nailed down CM starter and people will have to fill in around him.

I can see why Big D has been mentioned, hs scored a few vital goals, Southampton away, Wolves home and Reading away are just a few games I can think of.

Southampton away was LJ, but great run and shot against the post from Dele to set it up.

I think Player of the Year should be Carey or Dele, and like most other people Fonts/Skuse for YPOTY. All 4 of them have been awesome this year.

1) Fontaine - Been a rock all season and been our stand out player

2)McIndoe - Had a great season last season and I fully expected him to do the same this year, It's a shame, i dob't know the reasons behind it but hopefully next season he will start the season off witha bang

3)Skuse - Hardley got a look in last season, I bet he thought he should have gone to Reading when he had the chance, but the lad stood by his guns, knuckled down and improved and waited for his chance and when he got boy did he not let anyone down.

Southampton away was LJ, but great run and shot against the post from Dele to set it up.

I think Player of the Year should be Carey or Dele, and like most other people Fonts/Skuse for YPOTY. All 4 of them have been awesome this year.

Course it was I was there 'n all. I meant the overall perfermance that Dele put in.

1) POTY - Has to be Adebola, how anyone can say he hasn't been would amaze me. For me he is probably one of our most vital players and some people on here thought he would only play well once every 3 games. For me 110% every game

2) Dissapointment - McCombe looked good in League 1 in the championship has been caught out to many times and looked very slow against some opponents this year

3) Most Improved - This may shock McCallister for me, when he isn't at left back we damn well know it. Ok his distribution may not be the best but his tracking back and tackling has been great this year and does he have a shot on him. He must have done something right to get Scotland Recognition again.

4) Young Player - Probably Fontaine he is finally showing us way we picked him up from a Premier League side

player of the year is adebola by miles. Has had much more an impact than any other player and always put in a good shift.

Young player for me is skuse has come on heaps and bounds and has really started to show his class. But also good words for fonts also improved loads and been solid i just think skuse has more and carey has also had another great season and been are best defender. Not a great season for lee johnson, mcindoe, stern john, webster could all of done better imo.

1) Fontaine - should be the first name on the team sheet in terms of defenders, plays even better when with Carey

2)McIndoe - been a real let down for me, believes to much in his own hype

3)Skuse/Maynard - Skuse has been excellant and I feel that Maynard has shown enough to say he will get more goals next year

Archived